Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
you gotta rest everyone no? I feel like it's a weird position for Sarnia.... They're going on an over night bus trip so do you sit guys and make them ride the bus for 2 days? Or sit some guys the first game then some the second? Voit is an absolute machine... he's missed 1 game the last 2 years. For his size he is incredibly durable and reliable. Voit has earned a nice rest.
I’d imagine they sit a few guys today then a few different guys tomorrow. The top players that are playing will probably be on the bench most of the game. Probably come on the ice for the odd shift to give the other guys a breather and powerplay but that’s it.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Really do think they'd have been a 50 win team. How about 13-1-1 at home in 2023. Love to see that. Especially with how garbage we've always been in front of good crowds. Seems like that doesn't bother this group.

See who all plays tonight & tomorrow. Just gotta keep everybody healthy.
Ya the big crowds the last 2 months is very good for these players and Gaudreau. Get them use to it before playoffs. Most years it’s half empty then playoffs start and it’s sold out. This year the players will be use to the big crowd going into playoffs.

Very tough decision. U could maybe play the big guys but maybe in a bottom-6 role where they only play 8-10 minutes. Let Doherty, Hall, Campbell, Young play.
Owen Macdonald should play both games tho weekend. He hasn’t seen game action in awhile and he deserves it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ya the big crowds the last 2 months is very good for these players and Gaudreau. Get them use to it before playoffs. Most years it’s half empty then playoffs start and it’s sold out. This year the players will be use to the big crowd going into playoffs.

Owen Macdonald should play both games tho weekend. He hasn’t seen game action in awhile and he deserves it.
He had an injury. Not sure if he's healthy yet. Hoover was hopeful to be back for playoffs so hopefully can get a game in.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'll be the first to say I had my doubts & criticisms of Staubitz, but Dillingham gave him a ton of love last night.

I've heard from other players he works endlessly on video work & working 1on1 with guys.

We gave Letang a lot of credit for the D improvements but we gotta give him some praise, too. Clearly he has had a large effect on them.

Haley has been really good too as the offensive, PP coach.

Very happy with our coaching staff.

stingfan21

Mar 21, 2023

Owen has been dealing with a stubborn injury the last month and a bit. Hoping to get back on the ice soon

Reactions: StingUpdates

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I'll be the first to say I had my doubts & criticisms of Staubitz, but Dillingham gave him a ton of love last night.

I've heard from other players he works endlessly on video work & working 1on1 with guys.

We gave Letang a lot of credit for the D improvements but we gotta give him some praise, too. Clearly he has had a large effect on them.

Haley has been really good too as the offensive, PP coach.

Very happy with our coaching staff.
lol ive been hard on them... especially at the start of the year... some warranted, some not. They definitely deserve a ton of credit. I have also heard Staubitz and Haley work incredibly hard and are well liked so good for them. The knock on Sarnia coaches, especially during the Hatcher era, was the lack of work ethic.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Burke, Dillingham, DelBelBelluz, Gaudreau, Ritchie sitting tonight.

Hoover taking warm-ups. Carson Hall playing line 1. Doherty L3. 36/15/96 listed as line 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Burke, Dillingham, DelBelBelluz, Gaudreau, Ritchie sitting tonight.

Hoover taking warm-ups. Carson Hall playing line 1. Doherty L3. 36/15/96 listed as line 4.
Line 4 tonight will most likely hardly play, I do wonder if they will still be on the top powerplay unit. I’d imagine Mast, kyrou, del Mastro, Voit, past will be sitting tomorrow night. And Suryzcia plays again tomorrow night.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hoover actually in, Kyrou sitting. Right away 2 big hits lmao. Love the kid. Wish he could stay healthy.

Voit trying so hard to get Pastujov 40 goals.

Reactions: The Howler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Outside a few guys a very tentative game which was expected I'd say. GUE down 2-1 to Saginaw right now. Owen Sound leading FLT.

What ya gonna do. I think we make it out with no injuries from what I could tell & that's all that matters.

Onto the finale tomorrow. GUE currently up 2, on SAG now.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Don't sleep on Guelph. They've played really good hockey for an extended period of time now. Their top line has been absolutely lethal as has their PP.

Definitely like our chances & we BETTER win (lmao) but it won't be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad