Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Awesome interview. Love the dig at Guryev lmao.
Amazing. Love his mindset. Just wants to win. He really has come a long way away from the puck & for working in the corners. Still aren't his strong spots but he gives it his all.

Full lineup tonight. Interesting though Wainwright is on L1, Filak L4. Keeping 71-93-22 together on L3. See if they can have another strong game.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Team is just a tick off on their passing. Hopefully get it going.

Can't remember ever hearing a go Sting go chant before the game even started. Pretty sweet.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Oh man what a devestating hit Dillingham laid….hope the OS player is ok. He looked like he was knocked out cold initially. Scary shit.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Fingers crossed for the OS player. Haven't seen that in a long time. Scary.

Was a clean hit as all Dilly's are. Just had his head down unfortunately. So shitty.

Team is still a tick off. Just not clicking. Especially after that everybody seemed shook up.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Saved their best period for last tonight. They just couldn't get it going thru 2. Just a hair off everywhere. Good teams find a way & they did.

Gaudreau was excellent. Was so dialed in & composed. Exact performance you wanna see him end on going into the playoffs.

How about Pastujov passing up his 40th to give DelBelBelluz' his. That's just tremendous. To play Sasha to get 40 or not tomorrow... tough.

Loved Filak's game tonight. I'd like to see him go back to L1 for playoffs, but Wainwright just keeps getting better it seems. Great to see Lantz score another.

Fingers crossed for Brennan once again. Hope he's alright. Heard he was released & is back with OS. Hopefully that is the case.

Unfortunately, Windsor dealt with LDN so we will finish 3rd. Time to rest some guys vs NIA&ER before it all begins..

Also, 4600+ tonight! Best crowd of the year. Outstanding. Let's hope it's packed for RD1

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Kitchener with a Sarnia like choke (up 5-2 late) lose to Flint. Guelph beats Erie.

I believe if GUE beats Saginaw who's locked into 4th, we play the Storm

Not gonna lie.. I could 100% see KIT beating LDN RD1.. IF that happened we'd play the winner of the 4-5 matchup if we also advanced... goddamn I'm getting to far ahead 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
More than a few Owen Sound guys came to find Dillingham after the game. He was with a couple other Sting guys signing stuff for fans.

Big argument broke out. They think it was dirty & said he's a dirty player. He said it was clean & it's a physical game you can throw a hit. Exchanged some not so nice words.

Totally understand standing up for your guy, but it was a clean hit. Refs reviewed it & deemed it to be one, too. Even their coaches accepted it with no complaints. Just sucks it resulted in what it did. No need to run up on them in front of a bunch of kids. Had all game as well if it truly bothered them that much.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
More than a few Owen Sound guys came to find Dillingham after the game. He was with a couple other Sting guys signing stuff for fans.

Big argument broke out. They think it was dirty & said he's a dirty player. He said it was clean & it's a physical game you can throw a hit. Exchanged some not so nice words.

Totally understand standing up for your guy, but it was a clean hit. Refs reviewed it & deemed it to be one, too. Even their coaches accepted it with no complaints. Just sucks it resulted in what it did. No need to run up on them in front of a bunch of kids. Had all game as well if it truly bothered them that much.
Do you know where I could find the video of the hit? Wasn't watching the game tonight

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
22 wins!!! 40 on the season!!!

Posted this on Jan 12:
“…32 games left in regular season… I’m hoping to see 22-24 wins along the way. If we see that, then I think we have something here. Any less and I’d be a little concerned heading into the playoffs.”

If you would have told me that, with losses to Kingston, Sudbury and the Soo mixed into this run, and generally sucking in 3-on-3 OT and shootouts, that this team would win 22 of their next 30, I’d have lost a lot of bets.
Congrats to this team for showing me who they really are. They’re a team that finds a way.
I’m so looking forward to the playoffs, and hoping the dream continues for another couple months.

BY THE WAY, PLAYOFF OPENER FRIDAY EVENING; GAME 2 SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

Last edited:

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
What an end to the season. Sting rolled everyone in the west the last 2 months or so. Hopefully we can avoid Kitchener in round 1 as that will be the toughest matchup. Management did a great job loading up on the right guys. Just because you load up does not guarantee success... just look at Peterborough. PTBO gave Flint Othmann and Flint is still just as good as ptbo. It's gonna be, hopefully, a long and wild spring playoff run.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
22 wins!!! 40 on the season!!!

Posted this on Jan 12:
“…32 games left in regular season… I’m hoping to see 22-24 wins along the way. If we see that, then I think we have something here. Any less and I’d be a little concerned heading into the playoffs.”

If you would have told me that, with losses to Kingston, Sudbury and the Soo mixed into this run, and generally sucking in 3-on-3 OT and shootouts, that this team would win 22 of their next 30, I’d have lost a lot of bets.
Congrats to this team for showing me who they really are. They’re a team that finds a way.
I’m so looking forward to the playoffs, and hoping the dream continues for another couple months.

BY THE WAY, PLAYOFF OPENER FRIDAY EVENING; GAME 2 SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
Think it'll be time for a new wins countdown :)

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Very good second half, be interesting to see how many wins/points this team would of had if we didn’t have soooo many injuries every night in the first half of the season. Now it’s time to see if this team can get it done in playoffs. Playoffs is a whole different animal and there is less room for skilled players to make plays. I hope that doesn’t mean guys like Voit and pasta get cold just like kyrou and Ruzicka did a few years back. Team needs to be ready to go with their work boots on for game 1 hard on the forecheck and back check, batttle hard for pucks and stay out of the box every night. Can’t be too cute like they have been the last few games against weaker teams. Also kyrou needs to tighten up defensively the last 2-3 games he’s been coughing up the puck trying to do too much offensively, hopefully Letang realizes that and deals with it.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Thats unfortunate. It sucks a player was hurt on the play, but that doesn’t automatically qualify it as a dirty hit. It was a very clean open ice hit and something that is to be expected in hockey. Not sure why the OS players would verbally attack Dillingham in-front of fans, especially kids. Unacceptable behaviour on their part.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Very good second half, be interesting to see how many wins/points this team would of had if we didn’t have soooo many injuries every night in the first half of the season. Now it’s time to see if this team can get it done in playoffs. Playoffs is a whole different animal and there is less room for skilled players to make plays. I hope that doesn’t mean guys like Voit and pasta get cold just like kyrou and Ruzicka did a few years back. Team needs to be ready to go with their work boots on for game 1 hard on the forecheck and back check, batttle hard for pucks and stay out of the box every night. Can’t be too cute like they have been the last few games against weaker teams. Also kyrou needs to tighten up defensively the last 2-3 games he’s been coughing up the puck trying to do too much offensively, hopefully Letang realizes that and deals with it.
Really do think they'd have been a 50 win team. How about 13-1-1 at home in 2023. Love to see that. Especially with how garbage we've always been in front of good crowds. Seems like that doesn't bother this group.

See who all plays tonight & tomorrow. Just gotta keep everybody healthy.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
if we had this team the entire year there is no doubt we be fighting for #1 in the O with Ottawa

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Really do think they'd have been a 50 win team. How about 13-1-1 at home in 2023. Love to see that. Especially with how garbage we've always been in front of good crowds. Seems like that doesn't bother this group.

See who all plays tonight & tomorrow. Just gotta keep everybody healthy.
you gotta rest everyone no? I feel like it's a weird position for Sarnia.... They're going on an over night bus trip so do you sit guys and make them ride the bus for 2 days? Or sit some guys the first game then some the second? Voit is an absolute machine... he's missed 1 game the last 2 years. For his size he is incredibly durable and reliable. Voit has earned a nice rest.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
you gotta rest everyone no? I feel like it's a weird position for Sarnia.... They're going on an over night bus trip so do you sit guys and make them ride the bus for 2 days? Or sit some guys the first game then some the second? Voit is an absolute machine... he's missed 1 game the last 2 years. For his size he is incredibly durable and reliable. Voit has earned a nice rest.
Very tough decision. U could maybe play the big guys but maybe in a bottom-6 role where they only play 8-10 minutes. Let Doherty, Hall, Campbell, Young play.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Very tough decision. U could maybe play the big guys but maybe in a bottom-6 role where they only play 8-10 minutes. Let Doherty, Hall, Campbell, Young play.
Are the legionnaires done? Not sure about cards and all that crap, but could a guy like Priddle be called up?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Dress some of them, let them play PP time to keep the stats going but ride the pine inbetween. I'm sure Windsor and London will do the same. Just sit out anyone with any nagging injuries.

Reactions: StingUpdates

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Saginaw/Flint series is gonna be a good one. Couldn’t have drawn that one up any better.

I want Guelph for Sarnia. Although their special teams can do damage, they really are only 1 line deep. They will squeeze out a win or two but there’s no doubt Sarnia should take them in a 7 game series.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Saginaw/Flint series is gonna be a good one. Couldn’t have drawn that one up any better.

I want Guelph for Sarnia. Although their special teams can do damage, they really are only 1 line deep. They will squeeze out a win or two but there’s no doubt Sarnia should take them in a 7 game series.
There could be a few sweet ones.

SAG-FLT
LDN-KIT
SAR-GUE (Pasta, Namestnikov, Romeo)
PBO-HAM (made a huge trade)
BAR-SBY

All would be series right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad