Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Incredible period from the boys! Absolutely buzzing. Especially this top line. You can tell 36 wants that 40th goal.

Surzycia big stop at the end to keep it 3-1. What a block by Sikic at the end. Hopefully just a stinger for him.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gotta love that it feels like the depth players are hitting there groove as we enter the playoffs.

Way been terrific, Vilmanis has been really good, Lantz steady as usual, Wainwright flying. Anderson has been much better since coming back into the lineup, too.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Brilliant once again. Those first 15ish minutes we were all over them. Great end by Surzycia to keep it 4-1 before Sandis' beauty goal!

Also, Anderson!! Wow!! That line has been tremendous. Kyrou is toying with them it feels lol. Kid is a wizard with the puck at the line.

Not sure how that wasn't boarding on Ritchie, but we'll take the goal moments later haha. close this out boys!

Reactions: honeydripper

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Man, Vilmanis is such a beast. What a goal. His game continues to grow. Such a stud.

Fischer has had 600 turnovers. Brutal game by him. Kyrou just wants to score a goal, not much defense going on with him tonight.

Surzycia has been fantastic. Couple big saves that went the other way for goals. Hopefully close this out relatively easy without any issues.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Man, Vilmanis is such a beast. What a goal. His game continues to grow. Such a stud.

Fischer has had 600 turnovers. Brutal game by him. Kyrou just wants to score a goal, not much defense going on with him tonight.

Surzycia has been fantastic. Couple big saves that went the other way for goals. Hopefully close this out relatively easy without any issues.
Yah elevated to the top pair & u can tell a couple times he's been overwhelmed which is understandable.

Think he misses Dilly's calming presence next to him, too.

I think Kyrou, Pastujov & DBB are pushing a bit to hard to hit their milestone goals.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That's an atrocious call lol. Obvious glove pass & I'd say that is goalie interference lmao. Not sure how it stands but we'll take it.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Solid win! Controlled the entire game. OS couldn't handle our forecheck, board work, or speed.

Surzycia with a really solid outing. Loved how the depth lines played. Vilmanis easily the best player in the game. He's been a tank lately. Thought Doherty had another strong game, as did Campbell & Young.

Top guys all get 2 pts but are being too cute to try & get 36&73 to 40 goals. Hard to be mad just don't want it trickling into their game when it matters.

What a luxury to be able to sit the guys we did & still win convincingly. See what WSR does tomorrow before our home finale Friday!

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Friday’s game a sellout.
Amazing how the house fills up when there’s a quality product on the ice.
Best couple month stretch of crowds in years. Been so awesome to see. Now if only they'd release what day playoffs begin & start packing the arena for that one.. LDN&WSR have announced there's.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Best couple month stretch of crowds in years. Been so awesome to see. Now if only they'd release what day playoffs begin & start packing the arena for that one.. LDN&WSR have announced there's.

Thinking it's going to be March 31st for game 1, but hoping it's not as I've committed to a concert with the old lady that night :banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: StingUpdates

Dougie Daryl Clark

Nov 21, 2021
Solid win! Controlled the entire game. OS couldn't handle our forecheck, board work, or speed.

Surzycia with a really solid outing. Loved how the depth lines played. Vilmanis easily the best player in the game. He's been a tank lately. Thought Doherty had another strong game, as did Campbell & Young.

Top guys all get 2 pts but are being too cute to try & get 36&73 to 40 goals. Hard to be mad just don't want it trickling into their game when it matters.

What a luxury to be able to sit the guys we did & still win convincingly. See what WSR does tomorrow before our home finale Friday!
I've got to think they sit Voit for final games? He hit 100, so keep him in bubble wrap until playoffs :)

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I've got to think they sit Voit for final games? He hit 100, so keep him in bubble wrap until playoffs :)
See what happens with Windsor tonight. If they win they'll probably sit guys. Heck even if they win they might considering they did yesterday.

Teams tend to play their guys for the final home games for the fans but can't blame them if they play it safe.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Windsor gonna beat Guelph. Kitchener stays hot & beats Erie, so KIT&GUE tied for 6th (we are SO getting KIT lmao)

Interesting decision for Letang on who to play Friday.

Last edited:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Out of
Windsor gonna beat Guelph. Kitchener stays hot & beats Erie, so KIT&GUE tied for 6th (we are SO getting KIT lmao)

Interesting decision for Letang on who to play Friday.
the 4 teams we could play in the first round I’d prefer Owen sound the most I feel they are the weakest. Then probably Kitchener based on how we have played them all season. Then Guelph because they have been strong the last 20 games and gave us our last loss plus they have namestnikov and Romeo with an extra chip on their shoulder to beat us. I’d most want them to stay away from flint they have been real good the last 10-15 games and they are big and nasty and built for playoffs.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Out of

the 4 teams we could play in the first round I’d prefer Owen sound the most I feel they are the weakest. Then probably Kitchener based on how we have played them all season. Then Guelph because they have been strong the last 20 games and gave us our last loss plus they have namestnikov and Romeo with an extra chip on their shoulder to beat us. I’d most want them to stay away from flint they have been real good the last 10-15 games and they are big and nasty and built for playoffs.
Honestly I don't think any of them are 4 games sweeps. I could see all of them going 6 games at least.

KIT, FLT, GUE are playing their best hockey of the season. OS has been killed by injuries & are hopeful to get guys back.

Won't be easy. Here's how it looks:

5. FLT ~ 73 PTS ~ 2 games vs KIT & OS
T6. GUE ~ 71 PTS ~ 2 games vs ER & SAG
T6. KIT ~ 71 PTS ~ 2 games vs FLT & LDN
8. OS ~ 69 PTS ~ 3 games vs SAR, FLT & SAG

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
is the home playoff games schedule right for the sting? It says on the sting website we play our home games on Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th. Which means we play tomorrow at home then on the road Saturday and Sunday then back home for Monday and Tuesday. If that’s correct that is 5 games in a row and 3 in a row right before playoffs which is complete bullshit. I wouldn’t play anyone on Saturday or Sunday if that’s the case. Unless I’m missing something here.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
is the home playoff games schedule right for the sting? It says on the sting website we play our home games on Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th. Which means we play tomorrow at home then on the road Saturday and Sunday then back home for Monday and Tuesday. If that’s correct that is 5 games in a row and 3 in a row right before playoffs which is complete bullshit. I wouldn’t play anyone on Saturday or Sunday if that’s the case. Unless I’m missing something here.
The dates listed on the website are placeholder dates. They will announce the official home playoff dates after the regular season is over

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Honestly I don't think any of them are 4 games sweeps. I could see all of them going 6 games at least.

KIT, FLT, GUE are playing their best hockey of the season. OS has been killed by injuries & are hopeful to get guys back.

Won't be easy. Here's how it looks:

5. FLT ~ 73 PTS ~ 2 games vs KIT & OS
T6. GUE ~ 71 PTS ~ 2 games vs ER & SAG
T6. KIT ~ 71 PTS ~ 2 games vs FLT & LDN
8. OS ~ 69 PTS ~ 3 games vs SAR, FLT & SAG
Not sure if any of the 4 out for OS will be back this weekend .
The team is approaching 250 lost man-games this season.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Man oh man where has the season gone. Home finale day already. No clue who we are gonna dress, but it would definitely be nice to hit 40 wins at home.

Be an incredible achievement for this bunch with where they were at the break & all their injuries & how daunting their schedule looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna