Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
By the way, need to win at least 5 of the next 6.
1 win, 21 to go…. Teams with less than 40 wins don’t usually go very far in the playoffs

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Great to see. Attendance has been on a steady climb this season. Over 3K per game now. Which for us is really good, especially if u took out some of those Wednesday home games that usually only get 2000-2500. Could be closer to 3200 or 3300.

@Texcanuck most definitely. They gotta at least go 5-1 in the next 6 if not 6-0. Kitchener is the only team that even slightly worries me (Saginaw is sliding) but they have been a disaster. But can't deny how talented they are & if it all clicks on any given night they can win.

Playing a lot of iffy defensive teams so I expect Voit & L1 to bounce back. L2 if still together is primed for a big couple weeks too imo. With a full week under them I hope to see them be mostly on the same page as a team, especially structurally. Showed some great glimpses vs PBO&OTT of being an elite defensive team so now we gotta see it consistently.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Don't hate them. Don't overly love them. L2 is the one that leaves me undecided. Should be obnoxious as heck for forechecking & that stuff but can they generate consistently? We'll see.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Don't hate them. Don't overly love them. L2 is the one that leaves me undecided. Should be obnoxious as heck for forechecking & that stuff but can they generate consistently? We'll see.
Yeah that line 2 is a bit of a head scratcher. Guess ya don’t know til you try lol. Here’s hoping it’s not forced if it clearly doesn’t work.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Dillingham hit him right in the logo & they call blindsiding. Horrific.

Remember when hockey was a contact sport?

Great bounce back at the end. How about Anderson?? What a period from him wow!

Reactions: dirty12 and Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Idk what was worse. Our play that period or the fact that 2nd goal counted. What a joke. The reffing in hockey at every level is making this sport so much worse.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Idk what was worse. Our play that period or the fact that 2nd goal counted. What a joke. The reffing in hockey at every level is making this sport so much worse.
I’m not going to argue, but on the replay from home one of our players took the initial shot and Gaudreau went low. Our player in the crease was there for a rebound along with two Sting players, but they all stood there since Artichuk who was behind the play found the rebound and went high. Gaudreau didn’t get back on his skates in time. Our player in the crease didn’t touch Gaudreau to affect him from getting back in position.

Now, an argument could be made if it was just our guy in the crease and a skate was against the goaltenders. The two Sting players could’ve pushed our guy away from the crease or moved their body in front of ours to help Gaudreau.

I’m surprised something went our way for once since it seldomly happens.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Saved their best for last I guess. Unacceptable opening 2 periods. Especially that 2nd. Not good enough.

Captain Dillingham put the team on his back in that 3rd. Huge SHG then made some great plays on that 4 min PK. One of his best games in the O.

Del Mastro is such a tank lol. Seeing him live really showed how strong he is. Dudes go flying when he touches them. Huge block at the end.

Helluva game from the 4th line. Especially Anderson. Far, far & away our best line. Thought Kyrou was awesome again. On a team filled highly touted guys he always stands out. 3-74 were awesome as well. Gaudreau some huge stops in the 3rd.

They gotta be A LOT better than that if they wanna do anything this season. A lot. Fantastic crowd though which is nice. Haven't heard them give it to the refs like that since G6 vs wsr lol.

KIT will come in riding high after beating OTT tonight. Very intrigued to see them

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferda11

honeydripper

Mar 15, 2022
Nothing good to say so just gonna be happy with the two points and call er a night.
That was ugly, but at the end of the season they don’t go back and give any extra points for pretty wins. Back at it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
That was ugly, but at the end of the season they don’t go back and give any extra points for pretty wins. Back at it tomorrow.
For sure. I’m more looking at how that type of effort would guarantee a loss 9 times out of 10 against any other team in this league. They are lucky it was Erie last night. Only reason they won.

Reactions: honeydripper

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Managed to make the game last night.... good crowd. Sting looked very meh. Erie is awful and on a back to back ... Sarnia should have won like 7-2 or something....I thought the refs were awful too. Sarnia's top two lines are amazing then theres a big drop off.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I so badly wanna see Vilmanis with Voit. They haven't tried it once this year. Sandis being on L3 isn't working.

Voit isn't getting any space so giving him a bigger power forward like Vilmanis will be great. Then for 22 it gives him an elite passer & he doesn't have to do be the guy to carry it up, create all the chances.

Put Lantz with them in the middle then mix lines 2&3 whatever way u want. L4 was amazing so hopefully they keep that going. Need DBB to start scoring.

honeydripper

Mar 15, 2022
I so badly wanna see Vilmanis with Voit. They haven't tried it once this year. Sandis being on L3 isn't working.

Voit isn't getting any space so giving him a bigger power forward like Vilmanis will be great. Then for 22 it gives him an elite passer & he doesn't have to do be the guy to carry it up, create all the chances.

Put Lantz with them in the middle then mix lines 2&3 whatever way u want. L4 was amazing so hopefully they keep that going. Need DBB to start scoring.
I saw Voit get hit more last night than I did for the entire first half of the season. Which is a recipe for disaster.
I think they all need a shot of confidence, it’s as if they don’t know they’re supposed to be going for it !? Need to dominate out there like the big swinging D’s of the trade deadline, if not now when?!

I feel good about 77 shutting down the last 2 minutes of the game, impressive.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Back to last week's lines lol. I like Fischer & he played well so hard to argue, but MacDonald & Young deserve some ice time too imo.

Reactions: Sting4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad