Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Have to admit, I wasn't giving the Sting any credit at the start of the playoffs. They proved me wrong and gave the Knights their toughest challenge this season.

Don't be disappointed Sting fans, it was an excellent season.
Enough with this crap.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I have never been more confident in a Sting team than this one. Idk. Really thought they'd be the ones. We finally, finally got a break with Brochu getting hurt. Felt like a sign this was the season.

Got it to 2-2. Played their best period of the series in G5. The moment Barkey made it 2-1 seconds after we tied it the series was over & I just can't get over it.

That goal is what sent this team spiraling. Such a veteran heavy team. So many drafted players & they couldn't recover.

I wanna single out certain guy's cause I'm just so disappointed in there games, but I know a lot of players read these pages & I'm not gonna kick them while they are down.

Was a fun, unforgettable 4 months. Back to irrelevancy. 😔

Reactions: Ferda11

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
No one from sarnia would come on the knights page a congratulate them if Sarnia won. Just a superiority complex that knights fans have.
Well, I'm sure that's not true. It's called being a good fan. The Knights board had Attack and Ramger fans post their congratulations after their teams lost.

Just because you're a cranky old man doesn't mean the rest of the normal world behaves that way.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Well, I'm sure that's not true. It's called being a good fan. The Knights board had Attack and Ramger fans post their congratulations after their teams lost.

Just because you're a cranky old man doesn't mean the rest of the normal world behaves that way.
No one here cares. Good win. Congrats. Coming and congratulating a team for doing nothing is a weird thing to do. Congrats on losing ? Get outta here

• Haha
Reactions: Otto

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Just to hard to summarize this series, the season right now.

Was a fun ass yr with yall. Enjoyed our conversations, back & forth a lot. Thought just this one time we'd all be overjoyed as we watched this team hoist a trophy.

Think this will be the one that really breaks my will/hope for future teams. I know moron for believing in them now. It just felt different. It really did.

Enjoy the off season gents. See you, maybe in September for a big 15 win season.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Just to hard to summarize this series, the season right now.

Was a fun ass yr with yall. Enjoyed our conversations, back & forth a lot. Thought just this one time we'd all be overjoyed as we watched this team hoist a trophy.

Think this will be the one that really breaks my will/hope for future teams. I know moron for believing in them now. It just felt different. It really did.

Enjoy the off season gents. See you, maybe in September for a big 15 win season.
You're definitely not a moron... we all believed. Thanks for putting up with my dramatic outbursts I just truly wanted a winner this year... Lets hope were back sooner than later... I just hope coaching and management learn from this year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
You're definitely not a moron... we all believed. Thanks for putting up with my dramatic outbursts I just truly wanted a winner this year... Lets hope were back sooner than later... I just hope coaching and management learn from this year.
We all have our beliefs! I once thought Alex Hogue was gonna be a stud Dman for us LOL.

We all want the same thing. Gonna be a long & I mean long 2 years.

I have full belief in Seca as GM. I think he built a phenomenal team. Would do every trade over again. We disagree on Letang, but this should be a good learning experience for all 3 coaches. Hunter put on a masterclass.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
We all have our beliefs! I once thought Alex Hogue was gonna be a stud Dman for us LOL.

I have full belief in Seca as GM. I think he built a phenomenal team. Would do every trade over again. We disagree on Letang, but this should be a good learning experience for all 3 coaches. Hunter put on a masterclass.
Hunter is unreal but his game plan was to literally flick the puck up the ice and let Sarnia screw up....which we did repeatedly.IMO Letang was out coached in the first 2 rounds its just we had a far better team to notice. TBH looking back we should have tried to get only Del Mastro... Belluz was the beneficiary of Pastujov... I don't remember one time Belluz woking hard and creating his own opportunities.... most his goals were into empty nets and that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Hnddg

Oct 6, 2021
Ride is over- decent season as they made west finals- not sure if that was the vision at trade time ( seemed complacent) in playoffs- well maybe we can take this ride again in another 10 yrs- good conversing with everyone!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Well, I believed… I really did. Was looking into flights to Calgary, car to cross the mountains, rooms in Kamloops. Really thought we had the personnel to do it.
BUT
The best team won. Not necessarily the best players, but the best team. We were out-goaltended, out-defended, and outscored.
Knights exploited the fact that a good portion of the sting offense came from the “defense”. When the D-men turned over on the O-zone, Knights were quick to jump on opportunities.
Just so few scoring opportunities for the Sting’s supposedly powerful offense and our 3rd liners, who I expected to be contributors, contributed nothing. Like really nothing.
Oh well. I’m signed up to suffer through next year. Had lots of fun posting and reading this year. Have a great summer everyone.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Well, at least it looks like your GM understands the formula though. He didn’t half-ass it and had the ballz to go all in. It got you to the WCF this time. If you’re lucky, it’ll be full sell, watch the youngsters struggle and learn and then go all in again in 2-3 years. I’ll easily take that over consistent mediocrity and never any real chance at a title. I really thought Sarnia had the goaltending and roster to go all the way. I don’t really consider losing in the WCF a success, but if you’re in the Final Four I don’t consider that a failure either.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Disappointing end to a fun season. Ultimately, this game was very similar to GM6 against Kitchener in the 2018 playoffs. Congratulations to the Knights, they could have lost their heads after losing the two games in Sarnia but as always Dale Hunter kept his guys cool under pressure, especially Bowen who was excellent in the last two games of the series. I really enjoyed chatting with everyone again this season. It was a heck of a ride! Looking forward to seeing this team again next year. I think they may surprise some people in 23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad