Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting4ever

Sep 1, 2022
Was great to see Hoover back on D last night, hopefully he is good to go for playoffs. Feel bad for MacDonald, sadly sounds like his injury is an ongoing issue. Kid worked hard this year along with the other young ones, deserved to finish up the season on the ice.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Did not see the game last night but assumed it was just a case of resting the top guys for the most part.

Glad we are getting Guelph. Feel like that will be a good matchup that we should win, but also be tested at the same time. Can see this one going to 6 games. Reminds me of Sarnia going up against Windsor last year, but with the roles reversed this year with Sarnia being the clear favourite. Should be a good series to get the boys rolling.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Got hit from behind and went awkwardly into boards. Looked like he was in some pain. Right to the room.

Pastujov #40!! Beauty feed from DBB on the power play and rips it home! He needed that, big one for him heading into the post season.
Unbelievable. Poor kid. Can't catch 1 break. Love to see it. Filak, too! Two guys fighting it lately get it before playoffs.

Reactions: Ferda11

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Got hit from behind and went awkwardly into boards. Looked like he was in some pain. Right to the room.

Pastujov #40!! Beauty feed from DBB on the power play and rips it home! He needed that, big one for him heading into the post season.
Cool to see DBB feed Pastujov for his 40th today after Pastujov passed up the opportunity to get 40 and fed it to DBB for his 40th on Friday night

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I really do think Young is gonna be a good Dman in this league. Such a great skater & sees the ice really well.

Not bad in his own end, just needs to add muscle. Will get a lot of minutes next year.

How about Wainwright! What a pass to Vilmanis for his 20th! 7 points in Easton's last 8 games

And now Kyrou gets his 20th!! Everybody got their milestones!! Just like that it's 7-2 & Pastujov has 2. Usually when a sniper goes cold he goes on a tear when he breaks out..

Last edited:

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I really do think Young is gonna be a good Dman in this league. Such a great skater & sees the ice really well.

Not bad in his own end, just needs to add muscle. Will get a lot of minutes next year.

How about Wainwright! What a pass to Vilmanis for his 20th! 7 points in Easton's last 8 games

And now Kyrou gets his 20th!! Everybody got their milestones!!
Doherty gets his 1st OHL point with an assist on Kyrou's goal

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well that's certainly one way to end this season! Haha. Pastujov breaks out in a big way which is exactly what u wanna see. Same with Filak getting 2G.

How about Wainwright & Doucette getting 3 points apiece! Love to see that, especially for Tyson who never complains or puts in a half-ass performance.

Five guys finish with 75+ points. 10 with 40+. 13 with 30+. Top PP. 3rd ranked PK. 2nd best offense. 5th best goals against. Gaudreau been outstanding since JAN.

A special team that has the makings of one that could do the damn thing, but GUE will not be easy. Time to strap in for hopefully an unforgettable couple weeks, months.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Been a fun yr on here too! Been an active yr, a lot of fun discussions & even some disagreements but everyone was civil & chill about it just voicing their opinions.

Best attendance this team has had since 2011 which is so awesome to see. Hopefully, we can keep talking nonsense for quite awhile still! Can't wait for Friday.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Been a fun yr on here too! Been an active yr, a lot of fun discussions & even some disagreements but everyone was civil & chill about it just voicing their opinions.

Best attendance this team has had since 2011 which is so awesome to see. Hopefully, we can keep talking nonsense for quite awhile still! Can't wait for Friday.
Even when Sarnia was just meh at the start of the year the crowds were a decent size.... this town wants a winner so bad. Do you have an attendance number link you could share?

Reactions: StingUpdates

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020

I've really enjoyed talking with everyone on this board too. Really hoping this is the year of the long awaited deep playoff run

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Great season.
Now it’s time to get real. Guelph probably the best of the lower-4 teams in the conference. Sting will need to be on their game from first puck drop.
0 wins - 16 to go.
respectfully... I think Kitchener is.... Hunter playing his entire team because he doesn't want them round 1.

lol some dark dark times in Sarnia during the late 2000's and 2010's

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
respectfully... I think Kitchener is.... Hunter playing his entire team because he doesn't want them round 1.

lol some dark dark times in Sarnia during the late 2000's and 2010's
If this team doesn't go far it could get ugly again with how poor the team will be for at least the next 2 years.

GUE went 4-4-1 vs SAR, WSR, LDN in 2023. 24-12-1 in their last 37 games.

Been a major surprise after trading Pastujov & Zhilkin. Don't give up much for free. Seem disciplined & Potrais, Namestnikov & Bowman have been spectacular especially on the PP. Shut them down & it'll be a quick series. If they don't it'll go 6-7.

We haven't had any issues scoring on them. Goaltending seems iffy at best. Defense is good offensively so we gotta be aware of that. Our 2nd, 3rd & 4th lines should take advantage of favorable matchups.

I do agree though that if all 4 played their A-game KIT would be the scariest. They're just so inconsistent it's crazy. I'm stunned they are sitting guys today. Throwing away playing LDN (who I really do think they could beat) to play Windsor (if OS wins)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad