Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
TBH When Dilly tied it up I fully expected Sarnia to win.... Ben also needs to stop exchanging with London players.. literally eveytime he freezes the puck hes bickering with someone... he needs to chill ... let London talk. I haven't seen Bowen or Brochu bickering with Sarnia players. Ben seems somewhat hot-headed out there.
Agree. He has calmed down quite a bit over the season though. Don’t like seeing it creep back in during a time like this. He needs to be focused on stopping the puck only.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
yah wont cut it but like buzz controlled the play the entire game and finally scored then Ben puts on a show.... Backbreaking goals that you can't recover from. Ben hasn't been good in London which isnt' good because were eventually gonna need to win a game there. Ive never seen a goalie as big as him get beat clean by so many outside shots. Baffling.
Will Cranley.

Reactions: davewheeler

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That's a frustrating one. Holy. Couldn't of asked for a better first but they were trailing. 2nd was still good but couldn't score. Tie it up early 3rd & as Dave said it felt like we were about to take over completely & that Barkey goal just sinks you.

Went off our Ds stick but from that distance needs to be stopped. Then before we can even collect ourselves another one. Just brutal & so deflating.

A lot of good to take as that was our best game from a possession, territorialy standpoint, but man that was such a winnable game just like G2 was. If they can't win the next two, G2&G5 are gonna be games that haunt me for a long time.

Not gonna give up on them now. Just gotta find a way to win Sunday by any means necessary. Worry about G7 & winning in LDN on Monday.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
That's a frustrating one. Holy. Couldn't of asked for a better first but they were trailing. 2nd was still good but couldn't score. Tie it up early 3rd & as Dave said it felt like we were about to take over completely & that Barkey goal just sinks you.

Went off our Ds stick but from that distance needs to be stopped. Then before we can even collect ourselves another one. Just brutal & so deflating.

A lot of good to take as that was our best game from a possession, territorialy standpoint, but man that was such a winnable game just like G2 was. If they can't win the next two, G2&G5 are gonna be games that haunt me for a long time.

Not gonna give up on them now. Just gotta find a way to win Sunday by any means necessary. Worry about G7 & winning in LDN on Monday.
bingo... I still think they get it done... they have been the better team for the majority of this series... they deserve some puck luck coming here.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
bingo... I still think they get it done... they have been the better team for the majority of this series... they deserve some puck luck coming here.
London plays a lot like Florida does haha. Bend but don't break, kill u for your mistakes, great goaltending, special teams.

If you play hard & smart you'll beat them more times than not. But if u play cute, sloppy, lazy they'll pick u apart.

Reactions: All the Answers

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
A really disappointing finish to the game. Played so well for the first two periods and 40 seconds. Huge goal by the captain Dillingham to tie the game and quiet the crowd. Then Gaudreau lets in two outside shots that have to be stopped. Honestly, I've been disappointed by Gaudreau's play in this series. He's capable of a much higher level than this. Now has an .885 save percentage in this series. He's allowed London's agitators to get into his head. The penalty in GM4 when he tripped Sim is the perfect example of it. If the Sting want to win this series they need Gaudreau to calm down and play like he did in round 2 against Saginaw. I thought the offence had a pretty good night. Controlled possession and got some really good looks. Just didn't bury them

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Just gotta put it behind them now. Played a good road game, didn't execute around the net & Ben had 1 garbage minute out of 60 & it cost them.

There are still certain guys I'm super upset with, but still another game to bounce back & put their stamp on the series.

I've believed in this group all year. Can't stop at the first sign of legitimate adversity. Nobody said it would be easy & would we want it any other way. Leave it all on the ice Sunday & see where it takes you. Hopefully, the answer is back to London for a game I might just have a heart attack during.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
TBH When Dilly tied it up I fully expected Sarnia to win.... Ben also needs to stop exchanging with London players.. literally eveytime he freezes the puck hes bickering with someone... he needs to chill ... let London talk. I haven't seen Bowen or Brochu bickering with Sarnia players. Ben seems somewhat hot-headed out there.
I agree not sure why he even entertains its… London chirps and picks at guys in clouding Ben all game. Let them do that and show it doesn’t bother you.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Winning 3 or 4 straight against London would have been a tall order. Now have to win 2 straight, and guess what - we did that last week. Go Sting!

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well good for some of y’all who are optimistic about Sarnia coming back to take this still. I’ve seen nothing from Sarnia that’s shown that they are willing to do what it takes to win in London. So I really don’t see it happening realistically.

Not sure I can handle another game at the bud. If I would have saw who threw garbage at my head from behind me last night, I’d likely be sitting in a jail cell this morning still.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Well good for some of y’all who are optimistic about Sarnia coming back to take this still. I’ve seen nothing from Sarnia that’s shown that they are willing to do what it takes to win in London. So I really don’t see it happening realistically.

Not sure I can handle another game at the bud. If I would have saw who threw garbage at my head from behind me last night, I’d likely be sitting in a jail cell this morning still.
Sorry to hear that Ferda... sad to say Ive seen some things at the Bud this year.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sorry to hear that Ferda... sad to say Ive seen some things at the Bud this year.

I’m guessing it was a group of dumb college/university kids that were up a couple rows. I just can’t imagine having my team win the game, then celebrate by throwing shit at an opposing fan…seems backwards lol? I’m betting those clowns don’t go to many Knights games so I’m certainly not painting an entire fan base the same colour. Just pisses me off that I couldn’t do anything about it.

I’ve been strongly encouraged to return if there is a game 7. An older fella in front of me has claimed me as the knights good luck charm as they’ve won all 3 home games I’ve been at :help:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

Wouldn't say I'm optimistic I'm just not gonna give up on them. That sucks so much. I know a few ppl that went down last night & they said they weren't treated the best either.

When I went to G2 these guys on the way out were definitely pushes the envelope of what they could say before somebody would do something lol.

That's probably the biggest downside to teams really trying to get more college kids in attendance. They get some drinks in them & become complete morons.

Not that it bothers me but I've never gotten more tasteless, moronic tweets at me from one fan base than I have this week from London fans. Been pretty disappointing tbh. Makes potentially losing the series that much more annoying lol. Ik it's only the 1-2%. The rest have been very nice still just been a surprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’m guessing it was a group of dumb college/university kids that were up a couple rows. I just can’t imagine having my team win the game, then celebrate by throwing shit at an opposing fan…seems backwards lol? I’m betting those clowns don’t go to many Knights games so I’m certainly not painting an entire fan base the same colour. Just pisses me off that I couldn’t do anything about it.

I’ve been strongly encouraged to return if there is a game 7. An older fella in front of me has claimed me as the knights good luck charm as they’ve won all 3 home games I’ve been at :help:
I'm not gonna say you shouldn't go to game 7 but.... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Ferda11

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Wouldn't say I'm optimistic I'm just not gonna give up on them. That sucks so much. I know a few ppl that went down last night & they said they weren't treated the best either.

When I went to G2 these guys on the way out were definitely pushes the envelope of what they could say before somebody would do something lol.

That's probably the biggest downside to teams really trying to get more college kids in attendance. They get some drinks in them & become complete morons.

Not that it bothers me but I've never gotten more tasteless, moronic tweets at me from one fan base than I have this week from London fans. Been pretty disappointing tbh. Makes potentially losing the series that much more annoying lol. Ik it's only the 1-2%. The rest have been very nice still just been a surprise.
I hear ya the amount of idiots has seemed to increased exponentially at Bud Gardens post pandemic.
To the point where I'm not renewing my tickets and will go a few select times with my kid next year. Dealing with the people once/twice weekly is too much...

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Man just got back with tickets for game 6..... Buzz need to have a much better ticketing system.... thanks to the great buzz workers at the box office windows tho! I can't imagine how busy that was for them.

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
I hear ya the amount of idiots has seemed to increased exponentially at Bud Gardens post pandemic.
To the point where I'm not renewing my tickets and will go a few select times with my kid next year. Dealing with the people once/twice weekly is too much...
sounds like Windsor Spitfire fan antics of years gone by in the old arena. I understand there were some true jerks who would waste their beer on opposing fans . Too expensive to do that now

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
sounds like Windsor Spitfire fan antics of years gone by in the old arena. I understand there were some true jerks who would waste their beer on opposing fans . Too expensive to do that now
Went to a Red Wings game a couple years ago. My Flyers were playing & I wore my Konecny jersey. He scored the OT winner. As I stood up to cheer the goal I got a full slice of pizza right to the shoulder lol. Cheese & sauce all over it. I wanted to do something so badly but I'm in Detroit in the enemy's jersey lmfao.

I'll never understand ppl. If somebody is being a giant ass I get it somewhat, but ppl who throw food/drinks/objects are scum & shouldn't be allowed back.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Yes, I agree. Way too many people there for the drinking rather than watching or appreciating hockey. I think there are more people in general post pandemic who ruder, less considerate and more in your face. Still the minority, but seems like more than before. On behalf of a non-drinking Knights fan who goes to the Bud to enjoy the game, sorry to any Sarnia fans who have had a bad experience at the game. I am guessing you have your share of d**kheads as well from time to time.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
As a regular knights ticket holder I do not condone this ridiculous behaviour and condemn this in the strongest language possible.

I enjoy a few wobbly pops like the next guy, and I’m pretty sure these assholes would act like dopes regardless of their sobriety.

I’ll buy you beer @Ferda11 for game 7!!!

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Man just got back with tickets for game 6..... Buzz need to have a much better ticketing system.... thanks to the great buzz workers at the box office windows tho! I can't imagine how busy that was for them.
Gotta give them some slack, in that this is their first lengthy playoff run. That being said, other teams have developed systems and procedures for handling big volume ticket demands. The Sting business manager or box office manager would do well to learn from their experiences. I'm sure that help is available, if requested.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Gotta give them some slack, in that this is their first lengthy playoff run. That being said, other teams have developed systems and procedures for handling big volume ticket demands. The Sting business manager or box office manager would do well to learn from their experiences. I'm sure that help is available, if requested.
lol we've had like 20 years to get ready....

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
Yes, I agree. Way too many people there for the drinking rather than watching or appreciating hockey. I think there are more people in general post pandemic who ruder, less considerate and more in your face. Still the minority, but seems like more than before. On behalf of a non-drinking Knights fan who goes to the Bud to enjoy the game, sorry to any Sarnia fans who have had a bad experience at the game. I am guessing you have your share of d**kheads as well from time to time.
I’m going to give a shoutout to Sarnia… I’ve been there quite a few times wearing a spitfire jersey and have never had a problem there.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

Definitely not true Knights fans. I bet those guys couldn't name 1 player. Sorry you experienced that. We had 1 guy beside us last night who was a Knights 'fan' that annoyed the fu¢k out of us to the point we told him to shit the f up or leave. He chose to leave. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad