Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Do or die tomorrow. Gonna be another wild crowd. Need Gaudreau to put a stamp on this series with a big game. Need our best players to simply find a way to produce. Need some of our depth guys to make an impact.

Nothing to lose now. Leave it all on the ice & let the chips fall where they may. Don't want this ride to be over yet. Have had to much fun & there's more traveling to do. Got an entire city behind you. C'mon boys.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Ben also needs to stop exchanging with London players.. literally eveytime he freezes the puck hes bickering with someone... he needs to chill ... let London talk. I haven't seen Bowen or Brochu bickering with Sarnia players. Ben seems somewhat hot-headed out there.
In his day he made a pretty good NHL career out of chirping and getting into the oppositions heads. You hated to play against him but loved him on your team. Over 1000 games in the show ..... and as a coach his teams always seem to have that bit of an edge to them. Of course it's Dale I speak of ....

Do or die tomorrow. Gonna be another wild crowd. Need Gaudreau to put a stamp on this series with a big game. Need our best players to simply find a way to produce. Need some of our depth guys to make an impact.

Nothing to lose now. Leave it all on the ice & let the chips fall where they may. Don't want this ride to be over yet. Have had to much fun & there's more traveling to do. Got an entire city behind you. C'mon boys.
I will be shocked if there isn't a Game 7 back in London? So far home ice has been huge and at least you all will have maxed out your home dates?

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Good thing is the players have experience in facing elimination. Played facing elimination in GM5 and GM6 last year against Windsor. Played two pretty good games. Won 3-2 in OT in GM5 and lost 3-1 (late ENG) in GM6. Gaudreau has a .947 save percentage in 2 games when facing elimination

Reactions: Hnddg

Hnddg

Oct 6, 2021
Well it’s almost GO time! Great opportunity to see what they are made of! Game 6 second series- good luck boys and jay it on the line!

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Typical London goal. Don’t know how many times I’ve seen them score some sort of timely, late minute, momentum changing goal.

Seen it so often over the years I can almost feel it coming lol. PTSD?? Lol

Clutch is just somehow imparted into the players.

Last edited:

FatKid

Oct 5, 2006
Spotted this at the rink today.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 2

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Gonna go out like every other Sting team. With a whimper. NEVER been so disgusted with this team. Absolute joke. Congrats to London.
This intermission talk from the coach will tell if he can motivate his players. This game isn't yet lost, but the coach HAS TO inspire his players to play with everything they've got.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I blame this somewhat on the coaches. Literally no change in the game plan for the last 2 games. Dump and chase isn't working! Change it!

Give the puck to Kyrou, he gets it.

Reactions: Ferda11

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Well that’s it. Sorry to everyone who had to be there for that. Disappointing effort from the boys. Coaching staff gave them way too much leeway without making adjustments when they should.

End of the day, Sarnia ends up with the same amount of banners in the rafters as they did at the start of the year. I take the gambles on the trades again but to me, anything less then the league finals would be a disappointment so yah…here we are.

Have a good summer. Maybe see ya next year maybe not lol. Cheers :cheers:

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I blame this somewhat on the coaches. Literally no change in the game plan for the last 2 games. Dump and chase isn't working! Change it!

Give the puck to Kyrou, he gets it.
I agree, we were completely out coached and we knew that coming into the series. By far and away best coaching staff in the league vs a middle of the pack at best coaching staff.

I personally still think the sting should have grabbed another solid forward for extra depth. I mean we gave up our future and went damn near all in. Could have gave up another two more picks for a 40-50 pointer that can crash and bang.

Reactions: davewheeler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
My last comments of the year... complete dog shit effort from the team ... especially Belluz... I have no clue how that kid is gonna make it in the NHL. Ben probably needs to be traded this off-season... I've had enough of him... never makes a big save... plays deep in the net... angles bad..... always chirping, hot headed then gets hurt and leaves the ice... I don't know... pretty pathetic of him if you ask me. IMO he didnt wanna face London in the handshake line. coward. Letang is simply not it... got out-coached down 4-1 he keeps the goalie in the net for over 2 minutes while Sarnia has the puck in Londons zone.... People like Kyrou, I don't get it...gut cost us the second goal with an awful pinch.. every time London scores you'd look and see Kyrou in London's end... Anyone who says they're happy with this season is a joke. Hunter is the goat no question.... I'd give my left leg to have him running Sarnia.... Sarnia deserves better than what they got today...

Reactions: Ferda11

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I come in peace!
Congratulations to the Sting for a fantastic season. I personally thought Sarnia would win in 6 or 7. And then when Brochu went down I thought for sure the series was over, especially after Bowen's shaky starts in Games 3 and 4. Watching the Sting those 2 games I thought, 'Wow, no way we can compete with that firepower." Your top guys certainly came to play in Sarnia, especially Pastujov. Game 5 was a pivotal game. Sting started strong, but Knights weathered the storm. It seemed to me the Knights got to Benny as the series progressd, which is surprising considering his experience and poise all playoffs. Today's game could have gone either way. The first goal was huge, but giving up the tying goal with 1 second left seemed to deflate Sarnja a bit. The 2nd period was not kind to the Sting as they kind of fell into a rut. Not many chances and not much pushback. I can't help but feel that if their coaching staff was better, they probably would have made the adjustments and won this series. Not trying to be a homer, but with the talent the Sting had, if Dale and crew were coaching them, there is no way they don't win the OHL Championship. Anyway. Kudos again for a great season and a fairly successful post-season. The Battle of the 402 is officially alive and well. Have a great summer everyone. Cheers.

Reactions: robp1219

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I come in peace!
Congratulations to the Sting for a fantastic season. I personally thought Sarnia would win in 6 or 7. And then when Brochu went down I thought for sure the series was over, especially after Bowen's shaky starts in Games 3 and 4. Watching the Sting those 2 games I thought, 'Wow, no way we can compete with that firepower." Your top guys certainly came to play in Sarnia, especially Pastujov. Game 5 was a pivotal game. Sting started strong, but Knights weathered the storm. It seemed to me the Knights got to Benny as the series progressd, which is surprising considering his experience and poise all playoffs. Today's game could have gone either way. The first goal was huge, but giving up the tying goal with 1 second left seemed to deflate Sarnja a bit. The 2nd period was not kind to the Sting as they kind of fell into a rut. Not many chances and not much pushback. I can't help but feel that if their coaching staff was better, they probably would have made the adjustments and won this series. Not trying to be a homer, but with the talent the Sting had, if Dale and crew were coaching them, there is no way they don't win the OHL Championship. Anyway. Kudos again for a great season and a fairly successful post-season. The Battle of the 402 is officially alive and well. Have a great summer everyone. Cheers.
I know I said last comment in my last comment but I couldn't resist... I don't understand why ur surprised London got to Ben? He's been gotten his entire career in Sarnia. He was out-played in 4 of the 6 games? I am not surprised in the slightest that Ben didn't play good tonight. Thank you also for pointing out that Letang got his lunch handed to him... People in here think he's gods gift to the Sarnia Sting.

30 years just to watch London lift a trophy on our ice. Hockey gods probably rolled on the ground laughing when they wrote the script for this franchise.
Do you still think Letang is a good coach? not chirping just curious.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I know I said last comment in my last comment but I couldn't resist... I don't understand why ur surprised London got to Ben? He's been gotten his entire career in Sarnia. He was out-played in 4 of the 6 games? I am not surprised in the slightest that Ben didn't play good tonight. Thank you also for pointing out that Letang got his lunch handed to him... People in here think he's gods gift to the Sarnia Sting.

Do you still think Letang is a good coach? not chirping just curious.
I don't wanna get into blaming certain ppl or players. I think he's a fine coach. He can't put the skates on & go to the front of the net, win a board battle, block a shot or shoot the puck when he's in the slot instead of passing. He can't go in net & make a pivotal save at a big time.

He got out coached by Dale Hunter. Who hasn't. He doubles maybe triples our entire coaching staff combined in experience. Do I have issues with certain things sure, but I'm a lot more upset with 1G, 1G, 2G, 1A in our 4 losses with a F group that had three 40G guys, a 100PT player & multiple other NHL draft picks.

Reactions: deeferg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad