Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Yes, Rymsha and Kyrou were paired at the start. They were great but eventually slowed down. I was just thinking they should reunite the two along side Ang and see what that does. Take Ernst off the 4th line and put that lazy Slovak there and let the rookies out play him.

Wonder why Salinitri was a late scratch?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Just went over the gamesheet. Ever heard the phrase “your best players need to be your best players”? Have a look at the +/- column for our guys. Good Grief. Embarrassing!!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
[QUOTE="Ferda11, post: 142673949, member: 275869

Wonder why Salinitri was a late scratch?[/QUOTE]
Don’t know why, but Salinitri scratch resulted in Kyrou on PK. Reinforces what I was saying earlier - other gentlemen kill penalties and our scorer rests. That didn’t happen tonight

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Also... we have absolutely NO answer for Givani Smith. He just does whatever he wants out there and when we get in his way we get trampled.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
The game next week vs Kitchener will be telling... if the Sting lose that game and 3 in a row within a few weeks vs Kit thats troubling. Sting need to go out and win by 3 or 4 to get some confidence. Hopefully the barn is packed, loud and people stand for a goal and not give a clap and a yawn.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I do not like the trend that we have been seeing that last while. We have been giving up the first goal or two almost every game. We come out super slow in the first period. Our top guys play like garbage vs teams that are either ahead or on par with us in the standings. I've noticed how teams like SSM and KIT take away the middle of the ice from the Sting forwards and they do it to near perfection. The majority of the Sting goals recently have been coming from the outside or point. The Sting's presence in front of the oppositions net is almost non existent. What ever happened to playing the game with some simplicity and just getting pucks to the net? crash and bang? It is very evident that KIT and SSM can match our speed quite easily so if this team is to get past the 2nd round they will need to find a better style of play and adjust to their opponents. This team has the players on it to be aggressors, to hit and to strike a little fear into other teams. I don't claim the know all the answers but its quite clear that something needs to change.

Anything less then a western conference final appearance will be a MAJOR disappointment.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Smith should get at least 10 games for abuse of official. Surprised he didn’t get a penalty at the time. He should also been given a major for his cross check to the face. Refs were brutal

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Regarding the whole Smith thing...when I first saw it from the angle of the main tv camera I was shocked and was baffled how Smith was able to stay in that game. It literally looked like he threw the linesmen to the ice to get to Hatcher. Then I saw an angle that looked to be from the other side of the rink and it looked like the linesmen lost balance by tripping on a stick so I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is...im betting there isn't even a suspension. What did baffle me was how we somehow came out of that shorthanded. Hatcher in no way instigated that fight. He simply came over and gave Smith a little shove like EVERY player does after a whistle and then Smith went bananas and went at Hatcher. The officiating was complete BS last night in that game but it's not why Sarnia lost....Sarnia lost because they played like garbage. End of story.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
4 games left which goalie plays which games? Faz needs rest and Hughes needs more action incase he has to see ice in playoffs , do you play Hughes against Guelph and Kitchener? So he can get experience against possible playoff match ups? Thoughts?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I’d like to see Hughes get 3 of the 4 starts remaining. I think Fazio should get one of OS or KIT.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Fazio needs to be in net for Kitchener. Sting need that game to gain some sort of confidence going forward that they can beat a good team.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Tonight’s line up:

Ang-Sproviero-Kyrou
Pezzetta-Rymsha-Josling
Leufvenius-Ruzicka-Salinitri
Ernst-Rees-Guy

Hatcher-Calvas
Dineen-Eliot
Schlichting-Grima

Fazio

Thank you lord for keeping lazy Ruzicka off that top line!! Really looking forward to seeing 3 of the fastest skaters in Spro, Ang and Kyrou on the same line. Only change I’d make is swap Josling and Sali.

I’m betting the sting come out on top tonight by a couple
kinda of glad you don't make the lineups. it is not the players it is the coaching. further explanation if needed. Sprovero is not a first line centre. Rymsha has been invisible and Salinitri is streaky. On OA on your 4th line.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
kinda of glad you don't make the lineups. it is not the players it is the coaching. further explanation if needed. Sprovero is not a first line centre. Rymsha has been invisible and Salinitri is streaky. On OA on your 4th line.
I dont think Ferda made those lines up. I don't wanna speak for him but I am guessing he's a season ticket holder and gets an early look at the Sting lineup

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I dont think Ferda made those lines up. I don't wanna speak for him but I am guessing he's a season ticket holder and gets an early look at the Sting lineup

Correct, I just posted what was posted by the Sting twitter account. Sproviero earned that chance to play at the top. He’s the hardest working and most underrated player on this team. I don’t blame the coaching staff for trying to tinker with the lines to get the boys rolling after a few lack lustre performances. You never know what kind of spark you may find between certain guys.

You seem to have the all the answers Dansk55 so please grace us with your line up that you would ice.

Reactions: The Howler

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I feel like if we bumped Ang off the first line that would add more skill and speed to the second line creating more depth. Rymsha and Ang could be a decent pairing on the second line? Ang Rymsha and Salinitri could be a pretty good second line. I feel like whoever you put with Kyrou on the first line, that line will still be successful, kind of like how Pitt puts not the best players with Crosby. Maybe toss Pezetta on the first line with Kyrou to add a toughness dimension to that line and not all dancing around trying to be fancy.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I feel like if we bumped Ang off the first line that would add more skill and speed to the second line creating more depth. Rymsha and Ang could be a decent pairing on the second line? Ang Rymsha and Salinitri could be a pretty good second line. I feel like whoever you put with Kyrou on the first line, that line will still be successful, kind of like how Pitt puts not the best players with Crosby. Maybe toss Pezetta on the first line with Kyrou to add a toughness dimension to that line and not all dancing around trying to be fancy.

They had Ang-Rymsha-Sali as the second line for a good period of time and Pezetta with Kyrou. This team just needs to wake up and start playing to their ability. However I wouldn't mind seeing if Kyrou and Rymsha can recreate what they had going together at the start of the season.

Reactions: BoxerMax

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I was curious as to how the crowds have been panning out since deadline day so I did a little math.

In the 9 home games since the trade deadline the Sting have had 33,650 butts in the seats. On average the Sting have been getting 3,738 people per game. Highest attendance being on Steven Stamkos jersey retirement night which saw a sell out at 4,615 and lowest being a Wednesday night game at 2,783.

Not too bad considering the norm use to be 2800-3100 in the seats.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Nice. Yah I guess 3700 isn't bad ... looks like these next 2 home games will be close to sell outs. Hopefully they can feed off the packed barn and get 2 home wins, beat Kitchener and get some rest and confidence going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Ferda11

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Nice. Yah I guess 3700 isn't bad ... looks like these next 2 home games will be close to sell outs. Hopefully they can feed off the packed barn and get 2 home wins, beat Kitchener and get some rest and confidence going into the playoffs.

OHL wbsite says attendance for tonight was 4,004

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Wow 2-1 win over Guelph. I don’t think we will get out of first round. Let’s hope we can turn this around before playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad