Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Move Ernst back, too. Try it for a couple games after the break and see what happens. It could be a band-aid to stop the bleeding until a trade can be made for any D-men out there or it may work even better and inspire the team to play like they did the first couple of months of the season.

So you move Ernst back and then what.Cant stop using the younger D as they need the experience.I would go for that if they move Hatcher into the rotation of sitting Dmen but will never happen.Some mention on here about Franko.I like Franko's game but he is too small for a Dman.His talent is in the open ice and creating offensive chances not back on a blueline.I would also be concerned some of these teams with big forwards would cream him along the boards.Dont get me wrong,he plays huge but its different attacking than defending.I am not sure a 25-8-2 record could be described as stop the bleeding.As was descibed above,this record is much better than any of us would have thought.Could be interesting come trade deadline

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Great game by Kyrou so far.looking good
Adam,not so good

What is with all the empty seats.yikes

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Sting's defence were too busy watching the new screen.Watching the replays on the goals was painful.1st goal was a fluke but after that.Yikes.Windsor goalie proved why he is the best in the league last night although when u shoot with no one in front of the net in his mid section,he will stop that all night long.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
The new scoreboard sums up the feeling of all the Sting fans at last night's game
IMG_7010.JPG

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Trade options running out for a skilled Dman.Stillman gone
Day rumoured gone

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
It must be a tough call because, no matter what the move, I don’t think the Sting (or any other team for that matter) is beating the Soo this year.

That being said, a conference final appearance would still be a nice season, you still have to make a play at adding to the D IMO.

I’d dangle 2nds in ‘19 and ‘20, 4ths in ‘18 and ‘19, and 1 of the young(ish) D and see what sorts of returns are offered for a combination of or all of those assets. It might not bring back Dineen, but I still think a good middle pair D could be gotten.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
It must be a tough call because, no matter what the move, I don’t think the Sting (or any other team for that matter) is beating the Soo this year.

That being said, a conference final appearance would still be a nice season, you still have to make a play at adding to the D IMO.

I’d dangle 2nds in ‘19 and ‘20, 4ths in ‘18 and ‘19, and 1 of the young(ish) D and see what sorts of returns are offered for a combination of or all of those assets. It might not bring back Dineen, but I still think a good middle pair D could be gotten.

Would you take O/A McKenzie in a package with Dineen?

massey

Sep 5, 2012

My question is why bother if only going after one Dman.adding only one isnt going to help much.I agree that the Soo is going to be xtremely difficult to beat even if we get 2dmen.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Well what can u say.Terrible game by both teams yesterday.Passsing on the ice looked like the keystone cops.Speaking of cops,the black and white was brutal.To call a lame penality with under 2 min to go,very lame.Again Dale got the better of the refs today.Hatcher had every reason to be ugly at them.More official trades today.Day is gone for sure.Are you ready to sell at trade deadline yet.lol

What the hell is wrong with that arena staff.To have the ice making fans blowing from above on the fans yesterday when it is -20 outside is crazy.I thought going to the arena was suppose to be a pleasurable experience and not sit there with your gloves and hats on with the teeth chattering.Hell it was warmer at the outside game in Buffalo.Come on staff,get it right as some elderly fans left early yesterday and wont be back.Crap like that is why this team finds it hard to get the people to the arena

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
No I'm pretty sure the #1 reason is still the garbage product they put on the ice. Also charging an extra $10 to purchase tickets online as well as passing off authentic jerseys as "Game worn" in the team shop and raffle's. The team couldn't even sell out the game. People were giving away their tickets yesterday at the front of the building. The team refuses to hire proper staff including actual paramedics. Those who serve alcohol don't even have their Smart Serve. They also refuse to hire security.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
No I'm pretty sure the #1 reason is still the garbage product they put on the ice. Also charging an extra $10 to purchase tickets online as well as passing off authentic jerseys as "Game worn" in the team shop and raffle's. The team couldn't even sell out the game. People were giving away their tickets yesterday at the front of the building. The team refuses to hire proper staff including actual paramedics. Those who serve alcohol don't even have their Smart Serve. They also refuse to hire security.

I agree that the convience fee for buying on line tix is a ripoff.6 something a tix.Fill ur arena first then consider the fee.I quit bringing guest to games because we r out of towners and wont pay the xtra fee.
Not sure what the student paramedics and security guards have to do with filling the arena.I have never went to a hockey game and said"They had better have full time paramedics and security guards on staff or I am not going"

Reactions: dansk55

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
You Sarnia fans think there is a chance Gadjovich may be a Sting after the world juniors? To add some size alongside Kyrou as well as leadership?

massey

Sep 5, 2012
You Sarnia fans think there is a chance Gadjovich may be a Sting after the world juniors? To add some size alongside Kyrou as well as leadership?

Not a chance I would hope.We need 2 dmen long ahead of any forwards.The only way a forward would come is I would move Ernst back

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Hard to find anything positive to say about the team these days, but here goes... at least they’re playing like this now rather than late March. Perhaps they can find a way to at least partially resemble what we saw in the first 2 months.
After a month of no scoring, I’ll be really glad to see that guy that doesn’t back check but leads the team in career assists on the ice.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
On another topic, Rymsha looking like last year’s me-me-me guy. That embellishment/dive he took near the end of the 2nd on the Bouchard “cross check” was embarrassing. The hockey gods frown on such behavior and our guys could use a little puck luck right now. Personally I shut the tv off after the 2nd; couldn’t take it anymore.

dansk55

Jul 30, 2010
Well what can u say.Terrible game by both teams yesterday.Passsing on the ice looked like the keystone cops.Speaking of cops,the black and white was brutal.To call a lame penality with under 2 min to go,very lame.Again Dale got the better of the refs today.Hatcher had every reason to be ugly at them.More official trades today.Day is gone for sure.Are you ready to sell at trade deadline yet.lol

What the hell is wrong with that arena staff.To have the ice making fans blowing from above on the fans yesterday when it is -20 outside is crazy.I thought going to the arena was suppose to be a pleasurable experience and not sit there with your gloves and hats on with the teeth chattering.Hell it was warmer at the outside game in Buffalo.Come on staff,get it right as some elderly fans left early yesterday and wont be back.Crap like that is why this team finds it hard to get the people to the arena
i am thinking your first paragraph illustrates why people are not coming out.. i would assume it is for humidity control and not to irritate fans. The question should be what is going on with the players? Actually i thought after the first period it was very entertaining...

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Our shelves are bare for 2018 draft.Check it out on this board below

bobbygore

Jun 27, 2011
Our shelves are bare for 2018 draft.Check it out on this board below
Anyone know the status of the Number one pick from a couple of drafts back (Weiss) who didn't report ? Will the Sting get a makeup pick for that in 2018 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad