Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
If the price paid for Luchuk today is the going price there is no way we can pick up the 2 dmen we need. Nick,Dont get caught only picking up 1 dman,Stay put and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: Texcanuck

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I know the guy is an overager, but he’s 2nd in points In the league on a team struggling to score, he will be lights out in Barrie, I don’t think Barrie paid way too much for him... and also sting need legitimate top 4 defencemen not all star defencemen, and Luchuk is a first line player... you can’t really say a 1st line player and top of the league points guy will have the same price tag as a #2,3 defencemen

massey

Sep 5, 2012
I know the guy is an overager, but he’s 2nd in points In the league on a team struggling to score, he will be lights out in Barrie, I don’t think Barrie paid way too much for him... and also sting need legitimate top 4 defencemen not all star defencemen, and Luchuk is a first line player... you can’t really say a 1st line player and top of the league points guy will have the same price tag as a #2,3 defencemen

Waist of time and drafts if we are only going after a 2 or 3.unless it's a Day type player from Windsor not going to help. 2-4 Dman are still going to fetch a 2000 and at least 2 2nds minimum if they are any good because we can't use any O/A.If they aren't worth that,they won't get us any closer to beating the soo so let's go with what we have.Use the drafts for a goalie for next year as we will still have a decent team but appears we will be shy in net.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
Would not be surprised if he does not make the cut at the WJ tryouts - they look for a fully commited 200ft player, not sure that is him but he may dial it up for this tryout but can't see it, that would be a big setback for him - not sure how he would handle that.
As for Sarnia going out in the first or second round - Sarnia finishes 2nd, London finishes 7th, all bets are off.
Or not. LOL.

honey bee

Sep 29, 2011
Last night everyone played hard for 60 minutes. I thought they looked great, hope they can do it again tonight. A sweet win for sure.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Sting showed up at 8 oclock for a 7 oclock game.Flint was hungry and physical.Sting wasn't. End of story

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Been a bit quiet on here, mostly due to frustration lol.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas break. Cheers

Reactions: The Howler

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
If you were to say to me the Sting would be 25 - 8 - 2 and 2nd in the OHL at the Christmas break before the season started, I would have wondered what you were smoking. Yet here we sit and all I can think about is how many games the team has blown over the last 3 weeks. Hopefully they start off the second half like they did the beginning of the season and play that way for the rest of the year.

Good start boys, now you just have to finish strong.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
If you were to say to me the Sting would be 25 - 8 - 2 and 2nd in the OHL at the Christmas break before the season started, I would have wondered what you were smoking. Yet here we sit and all I can think about is how many games the team has blown over the last 3 weeks. Hopefully they start off the second half like they did the beginning of the season and play that way for the rest of the year.

Totally agree, but it’s been a bit like finding out there’s no Santa Claus. They had me REALLY BELIEVING, finding ways to win even when outshot badly, getting 6,7 goals on 25 shots, that sort of thing. So I pout a bit when they let Saggy come back, then can’t hardly score at all vs either Michigan team last week. (What’s Sting record vs Flint? Seems like they just have our number)
We will see how the second half pans out. I think we surprised a lot of teams early - that’s not going to happen in the 2nd half. Opponents get up for games vs Sarnia now so our guys will have to be 100% committed every shift. Should be fun to watch

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
No sell - would result in a fan rebellion. This town needs to see a second round (and perhaps a third round) playoff game other than on tv.
Stand pat? Let’s see how the next 3 games go. Win all 3 & maybe you do that...
Buy? Would almost have to be from Erie, London, Windsor. Why? Because they have players with at least a history of going all the way, and IMHO, this team needs to learn how to handle success. But all 3 are in same conference and less likely to deal with our guy. So maybe back to stand pat?

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Is it time for the Sting to put an end to the Ugly Christmas Sweaters? They are very nice designs IMO but they seem to be jinxed. 3 years, 3 losses. 2015 - Windsor 3 Sarnia 0, 2016- London 4 Sarnia 2 and 2017 Flint 5 Sarnia 2. I know the jersey auctions raise a lot of $ for the Inn of the Good Shepherd but maybe a change to a Family Day theme might end the holiday drought for the Sting. They would still make a good amount of money auctioning the jerseys as they get a decent crowd for Family Day.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX

Way beyond expectations and a huge feather in the cap for the Sting scouting staff and the coaches.
The big difference from what we've seen in the past is that the management is really focussing on skilled players.Developing a kid like Sproveiro is a great example. The kid is a great player and they are getting the most out of him. He would've been buried in Jr B in the past.
We're gonna find out very soon what this team is made of after the trade deadline. Typically, there's a big separation of teams after January between the real contenders and the also rans in the second half of the season. It will be really clear who's in or not.
IMO the Sting have got a legitimate chance to win it all because this is a highly skilled team but they need to tighten the bolts on the defensive side of the game and its all about the team that gets get hot at the right time. Think they need probably two shutdown d to have a legitimate chance to win the league.
They already have the hard part with a great goalie and tons of offence,
Having said that, I'm hoping like hell there will no Kocnecny or Nikoforov deals done where they screw the team for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Maybe we move Franco back to defense.
Move Ernst back, too. Try it for a couple games after the break and see what happens. It could be a band-aid to stop the bleeding until a trade can be made for any D-men out there or it may work even better and inspire the team to play like they did the first couple of months of the season.

Reactions: honey bee

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Lately, at home games anyway, problem’s been scoring goals, not keeping them out. Sproviero & Ernst are both needed up front. Boys just need to stop squeezing the stick too tight & hit some corners and pop some rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad