Recalled/Assigned: Sandin loaned to Sweden and Wins Best Defenseman Award

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
They both made the WJC all star team.

Both played really well, but Romanov is also older and more advanced as he turned 20 today making him one of the oldest in the tournament, so as far a prospects go he has had more experience and development time.

Romanov was also on last years WJC team as well and has 14 points in 14 games and set a new WJC record for being a +18. He was voted last years best Dman.. So he is a really good prospect as well.

Offensively in this tournament Sandin outplayed him and came on really strong in the playoff rounds scoring 3 goals in the last 2 games and finished as the tournaments leading Dman scorer with 10 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menzinger

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Their age difference is 2 months. But Sandin has shown he has a mind for the game at the NHL level, Romanov has not proven that yet.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Hes really smooth on the PP, i think we all knew that but his shooting was very impressive in this tourny. He could be our top PP d man over Rielly because of how smart and smooth he is along with a good one timer.
Sandin will be a better player than Rielly IMO.. He is just much, much smarter and that will trump Rielly's athleticism

Reactions: Wendelstache

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Looks soft, I’d like to resign muzzin
Depends on whats hes asking. That may also require moving both Johnsson and Kap this summer.

Hyman Matthews Marner
Kerf Tavares Nylander
Mik Engvall ------------
Brooks Goat Moore
Marchment/Spezza

Rielly (5) - Pietrangelo (10)
Muzzin (5) - Holl (2)
Sandin (894,167) -Liljegren (863,333)

$23,757,500 (An increase of $5,969,167 on our current D. Cap covered by Johnsson and Kapanens combined $6.6m outgoing salary).

Andersen
Backup

Trade Johnsson, Kap, Dermott, Bracco for picks/prospects on entry level deals.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Hmmmmm....

While I agree his development, and all young players development is key, but sometimes you have to just get your feet wet further.

I think Lily and Sandin should be in the lineup, they eventually have to be NHL D. Yes the cap and the fact we are trying to win are factors, but the same factors will be there next year.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I'm fine with it. I don't think the difference between Sandin and Marincin this year out-weighs him being on an ELC in 2022-23.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad