Samuel Morin's progress

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Morin has high value. If he was on the pk and just taking the body with the way he can skate he has more value then lots of dman. He should be on this team adding some more f***ing pop to the lineup and keep Manning in and get rid of Mac.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Morin has high value. If he was on the pk and just taking the body with the way he can skate he has more value then lots of dman. He should be on this team adding some more ****ing pop to the lineup and keep Manning in and get rid of Mac.
I am with you Hatcher! Unleash the beast!!!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Scott Laughton showed us that a player being in the AHL at age 22 doesn't mean the Flyers have given up on them and want to trade them. And, unlike Laughton last year, Morin would have already played 10+ games for the Flyers in 17-18 if not for untimely injuries.

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Is there any update on his injury. Its been quiet for weeks
Coming directly (almost) straight from the Morin's family during Christmas break:
1. Injury was to the groin and was not severe.
2. Relationship between Samuel and the Flyers is not trending in the right direction.

Reactions: Curufinwe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Scoot Laughton showed us that a player being in the AHL at age 22 doesn't mean the Flyers have given up on them and want to trade them. And, unlike Laughton last year, Morin would have already played 10+ games for the Flyers in 17-18 if not for untimely injuries.

It's not giving up, but is Laughton a beacon of shining hope given Hextall's preseason comments?

Maybe a more fair way to say it would be it's a sign they see limited upside rather than giving up?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Coming directly (almost) straight from the Morin's family during Christmas break:
1. Injury was to the groin and was not severe.
2. Relationship between Samuel and the Flyers is not trending in the right direction.

I can totally understand that. It would be sad to see him ask a trade, but I wouldn't be mad at him at all considering the way he's been treated. Should be in the NHL now, and would be with most teams.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I explained the weird circumstances somewhere earlier. My brother (a big Philly fan) gives his son a Phantoms jersey. He wears it at school and oddly enough his locker neighbor is Samuel's cousin. She asks him why the jersey and so on. He asks her what is going on with Samuel re the mystery injury. She said she would get info. Back from the Christmas break she said her father talked to him and that he is not happy and not really injured to his groin all that much. Puzzling.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He can demand a trade all he wants, he has no leverage. Which is why it would be a stupid thing to do.

Laughton got into Hextall's good graces by going back to the AHL and working hard on his deficiencies, and then taking those lessons back to Philly and embracing his fourth line role.

Once problem may be watching someone like Provorov get a major role at 19 and chafe at being asked to go back to the AHL instead of treating it like a wake up call. Even if Hextall doesn't like Morin and wants to trade him, he still wants the kid to force his way into the lineup and raise his trade value.

The reason Hextall doesn't put too much weight on preseason is simple, it's a few games, with adrenalin and rest, against inferior competition (young players and veterans gliding), where you can shine with talent. The regular season is higher intensity and a grind. Obviously, he didn't see what he wanted from Morin. Then Morin tried to hide his injury, which didn't make Hextall happy. But he was still ticketed for a 10 game tryout which would have given him a fair shot at showing he belonged. Opportunity knocks, you'd better answer.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I explained the weird circumstances somewhere earlier. My brother (a big Philly fan) gives his son a Phantoms jersey. He wears it at school and oddly enough his locker neighbor is Samuel's cousin. She asks him why the jersey and so on. He asks her what is going on with Samuel re the mystery injury. She said she would get info. Back from the Christmas break she said her father talked to him and that he is not happy and not really injured to his groin all that much. Puzzling.
I was worried this was the case. I suspected it may be going south and the injury wasnt that big. that being said I could also see hextall wanting him to sit till it is completely fine so because they have the luxury to do so

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If there was truth to the rumor that Morin lied about an injury that would have put him in the spot he is also. Some teams would dump you for that and that might be us.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
not buying it.
Not selling it! Barely passing along funny way i got the info. I read about the hiding injury stuff. Have no clue but it happens all the time when a guy is eager for a shot. Samuel is a bright guy generally speaking. I hope the 2 kids date so i will try to know more! Apparently she is like 6' and only 15. Good thing nephew is 6'2 same age.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
not buying it.
The fact that this information was gathered by the posters brother's 15 year old son who spoke with Morin's 15 year old cousin who got the information from Morin's dad at Christmas, I'll have to agree that there's a bit too much whisper down the lane to say this is legit. I'm not doubting that the relationship may not be the best considering multiple defenseman drafted after Morin are now on the roster but this is literally third hand knowledge delivered by a third hand source.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Some players sulk, some take it as a challenge.

How a player takes it is one factor that decides their future, because mental toughness is one of those intangibles that matters - every player goes through funks, how they respond often defines their career.

Reactions: hatcher

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I wouldn't be surprised if Morin's nose is out of joint over his season to date; however, the injury is the main thing right now and I am very hopeful that once he is back to 100%, he will get some NHL games. Then, once he has Andrew MacDonald's head on a stake beside his locker and is playing regular minutes, all will be roses between him and the Flyers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah I'm sure he's thrilled spending a 3rd year in the AHL making a tenth of what he should be making while his peer is playing top 4 minutes in the NHL. :loony:

There's a 100% chance he's not happy about being in the AHL. I'm sure Lindblom isn't, either, and right now he has a better claim for an immediate call up than Morin. (Vecchione also won't be happy, but he's not being disadvantaged financially.) However, there's a huge gap between a prospect thinking they should be in the NHL and a prospect asking to be moved.

Reactions: Tripod and Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's a 100% chance he's not happy about being in the AHL. I'm sure Lindblom isn't, either, and right now he has a better claim for an immediate call up than Morin. (Vecchione also won't be happy, but he's not being disadvantaged financially.) However, there's a huge gap between a prospect thinking they should be in the NHL and a prospect asking to be moved.
Yep.

Frustrated? Definitely.

A real problem between him and the organization? Doubt it.

Reactions: GoneFullHextall

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
There's a 100% chance he's not happy about being in the AHL. I'm sure Lindblom isn't, either, and right now he has a better claim for an immediate call up than Morin. But there's a huge gap between a prospect thinking they should be in the NHL and a prospect asking to be moved.
I, nor the OP, mentioned nothing about a trade (I mean really what could he be worth that would motivate the Flyers to move him?). "Relationship between Samuel and the Flyers is not trending in the right direction" was the quote. I don't see what is so unbelievable about that claim. It doesn't mean he requested a trade or he is going to pout or be combative. But I'm sure if you asked Sam off the record about his feelings, they wouldn't be complimentary about how he has been handled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad