Prospect Info: Sam Rinzel D Chaska High School-Minnesota 25th overall

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I don't like him because I thought the trade stunk. 3.8x2 to move up 13 spots in the "probably not going to help much land" of the draft board.

It's an irrational take but I get to keep it. If I could scout teens worth a damn, I may reconsider.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't like him because I thought the trade stunk. 3.8x2 to move up 13 spots in the "probably not going to help much land" of the draft board.

It's an irrational take but I get to keep it. If I could scout teens worth a damn, I may reconsider.
You're ignoring the fact that Mrazek is giving us the best odds at Connor Bedard

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site

Not as bad when you consider we would have to pay a goalie anyway if did nto land Mrazek, A vet would prob cost over a million so say 1.5 million. So your only paying an additional 2.5 million x 2

And noone on this team has done more for the tank than Mrazek so I say it is a great trade.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Not as bad when you consider we would have to pay a goalie anyway if did nto land Mrazek, A vet would prob cost over a million so say 1.5 million. So your only paying an additional 2.5 million x 2

And noone on this team has done more for the tank than Mrazek so I say it is a great trade.
Toews and Kane have a combined 18 goals for a quarter of the cap...that's tank clutch.

Mrazek was a wasted trade, doesn't see the ice, 9 of his 14 games Hawks scored 2 or less. Could have literally anybody there. Those early wins against Detroit and SJ are not helpful he needed to be worse.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Toews and Kane have a combined 18 goals for a quarter of the cap...that's tank clutch.

Mrazek was a wasted trade, doesn't see the ice, 9 of his 14 games Hawks scored 2 or less. Could have literally anybody there. Those early wins against Detroit and SJ are not helpful he needed to be worse.
Stalock is playing in front of the same team as Mrazek and is over .500. Mrzaek is as bad as they come, especially since coming back from the injury. He started out ok

Reactions: jls24

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

He has the worst gsaa in the league. He's been key by design. Sticking to this trade being bad and complaining about it not being enough for the cap, when he provides what you wanted, is misguided.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He has the worst gsaa in the league. He's been key by design. Sticking to this trade being bad and complaining about it not being enough for the cap, when he provides what you wanted, is misguided.
It was bad value from a desperate team.
He has 14gp and even might have stole a couple points. Him being bad doesn't change anything.

Glad you like the trade, but it's not going to change the standings and not going to change that KD made a bad trade just to get a first instead of playing the numbers in a long game.

If the kid works out, I'll take my crow medium rare.

Stalock is playing in front of the same team as Mrazek and is over .500. Mrzaek is as bad as they come, especially since coming back from the injury. He started out ok
Yes, but the "Stalock is playing in front" thing just furthers my point.

Stalock isn't hurting the tank and neither would any goalie in back of these skaters and this coaching staff.

If Mrazek slaps half a dozen Dallas games together, I'll say he mattered. When the team in front of him can't score, a bad goalie is irrelevant.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Listed at 6'4 and 180lbs is insanely skinny. Hopefully, he fills out and can add some more gritty thicky-thicc girth to his game.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
I watched him in the World Jr A final against Canada East. He was listed at 6'5" at the tourney and he looked all of that. Looks heavier than 185 but it's hard to tell with all that equipment on. He didn't display much physicality in that particular game but maybe he has more in him. He's a terrific skater and defends not badly at all with his extra long reach. He's got good hands and a pretty heavy shot. He protects the puck very well using that big body and long stick. His height allowed him to see where everyone is on the ice and distributed the puck effectively. He looked like he could be a scoring threat at that Jr A level everytime he touched the puck but he played a bit conservatively. He took a few hits but absorbed them without a problem. It'd be great if he dished out some of his own hits at a fairly consistent frequency. It's going to be a few years before we see his full potential but I'm pleased with his progress up to this point.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I watched him in the World Jr A final against Canada East. He was listed at 6'5" at the tourney and he looked all of that. Looks heavier than 185 but it's hard to tell with all that equipment on. He didn't display much physicality in that particular game but maybe he has more in him. He's a terrific skater and defends not badly at all with his extra long reach. He's got good hands and a pretty heavy shot. He protects the puck very well using that big body and long stick. His height allowed him to see where everyone is on the ice and distributed the puck effectively. He looked like he could be a scoring threat at that Jr A level everytime he touched the puck but he played a bit conservatively. He took a few hits but absorbed them without a problem. It'd be great if he dished out some of his own hits at a fairly consistent frequency. It's going to be a few years before we see his full potential but I'm pleased with his progress up to this point.

Thanks for the update and I'm happy to hear it be positive.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Every non-Rinzel post should be eradicated....I think I read that his brother is a workout fiend.....he may not be the 2nd coming of Scott Stevens ever, but I think when he's done developing, no one will have an issue with size, weight and skill.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Blackhawks hasnt even seen him play, and is just saying what he said so he can come back in 5 years and say, "see, I told you he was garbage"...taking the 95% chance he doesnt turn out, like most late 1st round picks and beyond.
Meh I couldn’t care less about me being right or wrong about some late 1st round pick. This team has been destroyed and I was right on SO many calls while most here including the plethora liking your post were absolutely clueless and thought were great moves, it’s just pure hating at this point. Saying this is similar to the kind of calls I have made in the past is pathetic. I rarely if ever comment on draft picks. This is not a prediction…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad