Value of: Sam Bennett

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Buffalo - Calgary is intriguing.
What's Bennett's speed like?
How are is hands?

Bennett is very fast, he has good hands as well, which is why he is good at scoring. His main issue is thinking the game at a high level at center at least, and sometimes he tries too much physical play. He also has an issue in regards to communicating with team mates, albeit that's mostly because of who he has to play with (Brouwer lol), he's done very well with other skilled players, even if he doesn't produce. Another big issue is his penalties, as he is usually caught 1 step behind.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Bennett is very fast, he has good hands as well, which is why he is good at scoring. His main issue is thinking the game at a high level at center at least, and sometimes he tries too much physical play. He also has an issue in regards to communicating with team mates, albeit that's mostly because of who he has to play with (Brouwer lol), he's done very well with other skilled players, even if he doesn't produce. Another big issue is his penalties, as he is usually caught 1 step behind.
Thanks.
Ok, I think we can fill immediate needs for each other and make it a win/win.
No harm in talking shop.
Buffalo needs D, either a Lefty or Righty, but we also need a speedy LHS winger. Bennett appears to fit that description.
Buffalo also has 2 right hand shot right wingers on the cusp of nhl duty. They could've stepped in this season, but we're RW contract heavy vet wise. Baptiste and Fasching. Both projected as power forwards early on, but I view Baptiste, who is faster, as a two way.

You need a center, Sam fills that roll, what do you have young defenceman wise you'd see potentially as a move piece?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
How's Kylingtons development coming along?

I think he needs to keep adding strength is his biggest issue. But what he can do with the puck, skate out of trouble and control the blue line is very good. He gets himself into trouble in his own end at times, but I think he’ll play at some point.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think he needs to keep adding strength is his biggest issue. But what he can do with the puck, skate out of trouble and control the blue line is very good. He gets himself into trouble in his own end at times, but I think he’ll play at some point.
I take it you know what Housley and Boterill are trying to build here in Buffalo? Speed game.
Let me ask, does Bennett look a fit for Jacks LW? And the reason I ask is Kane most likely doesn't get an extension here in Buffalo. Great player, but Murray's tenure has saddled us for another year or so with a couple inflated contracts.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
we need a centre to replace Bennett in the lineup...

I got an idea. We replace Sam Bennett with a Sam Bennett with a normalized OiSH%.

AKA not being trigger-happy dummies 8 games into the season.

Buffalo - Calgary is intriguing.
What's Bennett's speed like?
How are is hands?

Speed is top 15-20 percentile in the league.

Hands?

Like that.

Deceptiveness?

Like that.

Vision?

Like that.

Puts it all together?

Like that.

Faceoffs? Only 55% so far this season.

Hopefully we can get a decent 10 goal winger for him. Maybe even someone who didn't make the NHL until they were 24 years old, and didn't break out until they were 26. That'd be just swell.

How's Kylingtons development coming along?

As a 20 year old he's only got 1G 4A +6 in 6GP in the A which means that like Sam Bennett he is clearly a low IQ bust unlike the great stud Rasmus Andersson.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I take it you know what Housley and Boterill are trying to build here in Buffalo? Speed game.
Let me ask, does Bennett look a fit for Jacks LW? And the reason I ask is Kane most likely doesn't get an extension here in Buffalo. Great player, but Murray's tenure has saddled us for another year or so with a couple inflated contracts.

I think he’s a long term C, but right now his confidence is so shot. I think he would thrive playing with a skilled player like Eichel. His best production has come from with playing wing with Backlund.

How does Kane get added to the deal?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
How do we get him on the Rangers? We need a C in the worst way and I'd be more than happy to buy low on Bennett and try to build on his talent.

Nick Holden, Boo Nieves and a mid-round pick?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Flames don’t want to sell low on Bennett. Something like a Reinhart for Bennett swap would be more along the lines of a deal.

I still prefer Bennett because I love his playing style. But I wouldn’t hate getting Reinhart, he seems like a Flame type of player.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think he’s a long term C, but right now his confidence is so shot. I think he would thrive playing with a skilled player like Eichel. His best production has come from with playing wing with Backlund.

How does Kane get added to the deal?
Kane doesn't. Just explaining why the need from the Sabres perspective. Most fans here think Kane is moved at the deadline, based on the possible ask in price for an extension. Hence the possible need of a high end LW'er to Buffalo. Unfortunetly our prospect pool and roster are filled with RHS. RW'ers.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah keep blaming others for his failure.

Fact is the NHL is too advance for his brain. He is normally several steps behind the pace.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
He's worth nothing right now but has the potential to be amazing.

Make's no sense to trade him. Move him to the wing and bring up big Jankowski

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
They are rivals so I doubt it would happen, but I think Yamamoto for Bennett makes some sense.

Yamamoto is a RHS winger, who could fit very nicely in their top 6, and he is young and under team control for a while.

Bennett on the other hand plays with that sandpaper aspect which Chia loves, is a friend of McDavids, and has some talent that could shine through if he was given time in the top 6 next to McDavid or Drai. If not, he'd be a solid option longterm at 3C.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks.
Ok, I think we can fill immediate needs for each other and make it a win/win.
No harm in talking shop.
Buffalo needs D, either a Lefty or Righty, but we also need a speedy LHS winger. Bennett appears to fit that description.
Buffalo also has 2 right hand shot right wingers on the cusp of nhl duty. They could've stepped in this season, but we're RW contract heavy vet wise. Baptiste and Fasching. Both projected as power forwards early on, but I view Baptiste, who is faster, as a two way.

You need a center, Sam fills that roll, what do you have young defenceman wise you'd see potentially as a move piece?
Kylington is the organization best defensive prospect and could make the team as early as next season. But Andersson could be available. Lots of Flames fans are digging their heads in the sand over this but there's no room for him on the right side with Hamilton, Hamonic and Stone locked up for the next 3 years. He's NHL ready but there's just no room. But Andersson+Bennett is an overpayment for just Reinhart. Maybe Reinhart+Baptiste.

Such a young guy with such a high ceiling...patience will pay off Flames.
Patience and Flames fans don't mix well together. Vast majority of Flames fans just want their instant gratification.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kylington is the organization best defensive prospect and could make the team as early as next season. But Andersson could be available. Lots of Flames fans are digging their heads in the sand over this but there's no room for him on the right side with Hamilton, Hamonic and Stone locked up for the next 3 years. He's NHL ready but there's just no room. But Andersson+Bennett is an overpayment for just Reinhart. Maybe Reinhart+Baptiste.

That is what I was thinking as well. Fills needs.
Read up on kylington, didn't have a chance on Andersson. Can you fill me in a bit on what type of d man he is, thanks

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island

Patience and Flames fans don't mix well together. Vast majority of Flames fans just want their instant gratification.
No he isn't.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I got an idea. We replace Sam Bennett with a Sam Bennett with a normalized OiSH%.

I am a huge fan of Bennett as well and have not given up on him at all like some impatient Flames fans have, but there's no denying his awful start to the season.

His oiSH% is currently sitting at 8.6%, which is the highest it's been in any of his 3 full seasons. His PDO (100.1) is also the highest it has ever been. His possession numbers have also been just plain awful early on. He couldn't have had a worse start.

Like I said, I am still a huge fan of him even though he's been frustrating to watch early on but we have to be honest with ourselves and accept the fact he's been horrible early on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad