Value of: Sam Bennett

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Sam just can't put it together in calgary. Very frustrating as the talent is visible but only in spurts. He might have success on another team with less expectations and pressure but he's lost here.

Looking for a good winger with potential. We could add for the right piece.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
At this point his value is too low to deal. The potential is there, but guessing GMs wouldn't offer up enough until he sorts himself out.

As a leaf fan, would I flip Kapanen for him? Even with a small plus? My guess, Leaf fans say no and Flames fans absolutely say no. I was extremely high on Bennett pre-draft, so I have high hopes, but he needs to figure it out..

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
At this point his value is too low to deal. The potential is there, but guessing GMs wouldn't offer up enough until he sorts himself out.

As a leaf fan, would I flip Kapanen for him? Even with a small plus? My guess, Leaf fans say no and Flames fans absolutely say no. I was extremely high on Bennett pre-draft, so I have high hopes, but he needs to figure it out..

I say yes 10,000x fold. Eastern conference team is enough to say yes.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I would love him on the Sharks. Don’t know what we could give up. As a fan though, maybe something like Bennett+D+1st+depending on the D for Pavelski

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I would add for marner. Any prospect not named jankowski. Leafs need more Swedish d? Lol

Lol, "any prospect not named Jankowski". And so the Circle of Life begins anew in Calgary- one overrated young player replaced by another. I look forward to 3+ years of posts declaring him untouchable and a future star.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Galchenyuk. Two high draft pedigree players who have shown streaks of their talent.

Also, I think it has to be done just to tempt the universe into making a downright hilarious joke of seeing Galchenyuk flourish as a C and Bennett as a LW after the trade.
As a huge fan of both teams, this is about as ideal as a transaction gets. Doubly happy if both teams improve a lot from it.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I would love him on the Sharks. Don’t know what we could give up. As a fan though, maybe something like Bennett+D+1st+depending on the D for Pavelski

Pavelski's age and Bennett still being in the division makes me iffy. If we areto trade Bennett within the division, I'd rather get a player like Silfverberg, Rakell, Toffoli, etc. over Pavelski. And yes extreme pipedream I realize that, but I'm just saying I have zero hesitation for the 3 younger mentioned players, but I do have some hesitation to trade for Pavelski.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I posted it half in jest, although it was in response to a high draft pick underwhelming, and perhaps needing a change of scenery, which was Nino's case, and the fact Foligno is a physical player, like Clutterbuck.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I posted it half in jest, although it was in response to a high draft pick underwhelming, and perhaps needing a change of scenery, which was Nino's case, and the fact Foligno is a physical player, like Clutterbuck.

Still if you actually want Bennett, what would you offer? Remember RHS winger that can contribute at worst a 3rd line role and can be useful in all 3 zones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad