Proposal: Sam Bennett for Eric Staal + 3rd

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Why are we trading for Bennett? Can be had for free in summer.

I'm guessing we get a couple of lesser picks or 2nd for Staal which is much more useful.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Terrible proposal followed by a bunch of defensiveness and criticisms unrelated to the actual trade. Cool.

We don’t want Bennett. There’s no reason to do this. Buffalo’s many other failures in no way make this any less of a terrible offer.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
That's a steal for Bennett. I'm not sure any of you actually understand the offer or seen Bennett play. It's not like he's James Neal.

You're right. Neal better numbers. 6 points in 16 games and an even 0 plus minus. Bennett 6 points in 25 games and a minus 10. It scares me that I'd rather have Neal on the ice during the regular season. In the playoffs Bennett channels his inner Raffi Torres so he does bring that, but if he can't help his team get to the playoffs...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hall is a flashy player. Skinner is a flashy player. Bennett will dig out the puck in the corners. Buffalo figure skaters,

except Buffalo has other players next year like Girgensons and some younger players.

Bennett isn’t a need

youstill have failed to even address the flat cap and him not getting a QO as like what happened last year where many weren’t given a QO.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
We already have Girgensons. Bennett and Girgs are very comparable. High picks that didn't pan out as scorers and reinvented themselves as bottom 6 wingers w/ some physicality. I like both players but don't really see room for both. Makes for a VERY expensive 4th line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe I am mistaken, but I don't see how Bennett is worth more than a mid round pick. His career has been one big disappointment.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can a mod just close this? We aren't getting anywhere here. I obviously overvalue Bennett and Sabres fans are in love with draft picks so...

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Bennett has looked good so far with his new linemates and coach. He’s playing on the penalty kill too now so I’m starting to think that the trade request stuff will disappear at least until the off season. That would be ideal as he can give the playoffs one last big playoffs (assuming they make it) and he can be exposed in the expansion draft and taken by Seattle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad