GDT: ECQF Game 4: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Leafs:, | 8pm, | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Everyone knows they need better defense and goalie yr after yr they get bounced ..still leafs management hoping and expecting different results with same avg defense/goalie

Also doesnt help leafs core dont deliver in the playoffs

Reactions: Summer Rose

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lmao Dwight King.. there's a name thats been a while

Don't get me wrong I don't think Bergevin is amazing. But there's a helluva lot worse GMs are out there still employed even.
That I can agree with as Bergevin has his moments.

As weird as it is I I Bergevin could have helped Toronto. He can't find the high-end talent, but he was pretty adept at finding good bottom 6 players and bottom pairing dmen, which is what Toronto needed.

Now, I think their spirit is broken. This team is looking defeated mentally. I'm not so sure it's just Boston, but rather playoffs and being down

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
Pasternak is so f*ing good,
The players can care all they want ..collectively they aint that good a team.
They are good enough skill wise, i just don't see the desire to do whatever it takes to win. If they really cared about winning it would be a lot more evident. If the top 4 played with as much heart as some other superstars like Stamkos they might have a cup by now.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Marner is just a giant whiner, reminds me of a leas likable Johnny hockey.

He needs to stop bitching to the media and just play well
You simply cannot win with him on your roster. He has never shown up in the playoffs despite what the stat watchers will tell you. I would not bring him back at 5M, not even joking, you just cannot win with losers like that. Negative mentality and piss poor work ethic.

Major changes need to happen.

Keefe and the entire coaching staff, Tavares, Marner all absolutely need to go

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Not gonna be able to move Tavares, but the Leafs need to consider moving Marner (He's almost certainly available for trade if this continues), Matthews or Nylander

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
IMG-0944.gif

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Everyone knows they need better defense and goalie yr after yr they get bounced ..still leafs management hoping and expecting different results with same avg defense/goalie

Also doesnt help leafs core dont deliver in the playoffs
They couldn't score at all last year or this year. They actually haven't let in that many goals last 2 yrs.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Exactly. You can always predict they'll make the wrong moves and then fail in the playoffs. I don't understand how they can't see it. Their management needs to go.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I could only imagine all the shit he's getting from Toronto media for being out with a 'headache' is probably causing a ton of pressure.
nah. everybody understands migraines.
Its Marner thats getting trashed for being junk.
When you are front page "INVISIBLE MAN" on your own cities major newspapers front page .....and you remain invisible the rest of the way??
Yikes
Somewhere Mike Babcock is grinning

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
That I can agree with as Bergevin has his moments.

As weird as it is I I Bergevin could have helped Toronto. He can't find the high-end talent, but he was pretty adept at finding good bottom 6 players and bottom pairing dmen, which is what Toronto needed.

Now, I think their spirit is broken. This team is looking defeated mentally. I'm not so sure it's just Boston, but rather playoffs and being down
Oh I agree completely. Bergevin rarely brought in the sexy names but he had some great depth moves as far as players that play winning hockey. Those guys still had to get'r done in front of Price, and the Leafs certainly would've benefitted from those types a few years ago.

Unfortunately the core 4 are just too far gone at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad