Proposal: Sam Bennett for Eric Staal + 3rd

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I disagree there, I think you might be over valuing Bennet a little bit. Just my opinion

It's an expiring contract in Staal and 3rd for Bennett. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. Must just be stat watchers.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Treliving trades Bennett it will more likely be a trade piece for someone of the caliber of 27 year old RW/RHS Viktor Arvidsson... not a 36 year old C/LHS Eric Staal.
Trading 24 year old Bennett for Staal just doesn't make sense for the Flames.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If Treliving trades Bennett it will more likely be a trade piece for someone of the caliber of 27 year old RW/RHS Viktor Arvidsson... not a 36 year old C/LHS Eric Staal.
Trading 24 year old Bennett for Staal just doesn't make sense for the Flames.

It does if you want to win a cup.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
You get to keep Bennett though (probably).... This conversation is so ridiculous. Take the mystery box I guess.

I will take the $2.55 million minimum plus the 2nd or 3rd rounder for Staal and the high 3rd rounder than have Bennett. $2.55 million will get a better player in Ufa than Bennett plus 2 more draft picks that could be traded for a player or just use the picks.

Bennett is not an almost or maybe more than a $3 million player. For the right price he would be a great pick up as a rental for Tampa or Boston or Vegas or most playoff bound teams. He is useless for a team that has no chance of the playoffs this year ie Buffalo.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I will take the $2.55 million minimum plus the 2nd or 3rd rounder for Staal and the high 3rd rounder than have Bennett. $2.55 million will get a better player in Ufa than Bennett plus 2 more draft picks that could be traded for a player or just use the picks.

Bennett is not an almost or maybe more than a $3 million player. For the right price he would be a great pick up as a rental for Tampa or Boston or Vegas or most playoff bound teams. He is useless for a team that has no chance of the playoffs this year ie Buffalo.

Would Buffalo fans even do Lindholm for a 3rd? Like wow.

giphy.gif

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Would Buffalo fans even do Lindholm for a 3rd? Like wow.

giphy.gif

Buffalo is not trading picks for a rental. Bennett is either a rental or an overpaid 4th line center. Neither of what Buffalo needs.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Buffalo is not trading picks for a rental. Bennett is either a rental or an overpaid 4th line center. Neither of what Buffalo needs.

How many more picks do you need? You are dead last in the league after having years and years of top 10 picks. I just don't get why you would not want an effective player.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
How many more picks do you need? You are dead last in the league after having years and years of top 10 picks. I just don't get why you would not want an effective player.
It's not whether we need him or not, Bennett is not worth Staal + 3rd.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
pick is on the wrong side. All respect to OP. Sabres can flip Stall for a 1st,2nd or 3rd alone. (depending on the market). No way the Sabres sell him for a low pick and give him away essentially for free for the same level pick you want back.

Sam for Eric across seems right. yall can have like a 6th if you want.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

that’s debatable....

as I said...he’s a LE?.buffalo has LW depth...they have Skinner, Olofsson, and Girgensons under contract next year. If they resignHall thats 4.

Bennett is arbitration becomes an overpaid bottom 6 player and takes away space to resign Hall.

Brnnett is the type of players teams won’t QO this summer and just resign him ata lower cost for his role.

Bennet doesn’t do anything for Buffalo.

as others said he’s a better fir for a playoff team

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
that’s debatable....

as I said...he’s a LE?.buffalo has LW depth...they have Skinner, Olofsson, and Girgensons under contract next year. If they resignHall thats 4.

Bennett is arbitration becomes an overpaid bottom 6 player and takes away space to resign Hall.

Brnnett is the type of players teams won’t QO this summer and just resign him ata lower cost for his role.

Bennet doesn’t do anything for Buffalo.

as others said he’s a better fir for a playoff team

Hall is a flashy player. Skinner is a flashy player. Bennett will dig out the puck in the corners. Buffalo figure skaters,

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I'd rather see how Bennett does under Sutter before making any rash decisions. Also, I don't know where Staal fits into the lineup, he isn't taking the 3rd line spot from Backlund. If we have to expose Bennett in the expansion draft so be it, we're going to lose a player no matter what.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I'm no Buffalo fan and think this is a gross overestimation of Bennetts value.

Sure, Staal isn't great either, but wouldn't surprise me if he got a 2nd on the deadline. Is Bennett worth a 2nd? No way.

And that's not even getting in to the 3rd round pick that seems to be on the wrong side of the deal here.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I think I shot low on the offer. These Buffalo fans are delusional imo. They want to hoard picks and never win.

I think it’s less to do with Buffalo fans and more to do with your valuation of the assets in your proposal.

Staal is worth more than Bennett.

And to many teams a 3rd is as well.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015

If he is that effective Calgary can keep him and Buffalo will trade you Staal @50 percent for your second in 2022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad