Proposal: Sam Bennett for Eric Staal + 3rd

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Could something be worked out there at the deadline if Bennett truly wants out? I think Staal would work well in Calgary's system and comes with pedigree. Sutter wants to win cups and Staal is his type of player. Buffalo gets a cost controlled Bennett that fits in with their young core.

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Calgary will have to likely expose him in the expansion draft.
Fair, I didn’t take that into consideration, I still think they would rather get picks/prospects. You’re basically giving up Bennett for nothing because staal is a UFA and there’s no guarantee he reups in Calgary.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Stasl gets a 2nd at the deadline

Bennett is not a need in Buffalo long term. If they resign hall they have him Skinner and Olofsson on left side.

if they resign Hall they won’t have the cap space for Bennett

brnnet does not have that value of 2+3

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Bennett wil be a Ufa. No team is going to qualify him at almost $3 million. Buffalo will just trade Staal for the highest draft pick.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I didn't even offer Bennett for a 2nd + 3rd. Staal is probably worth a 4th, but thanks for railroading the offer.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Yes but he will have to be qualified at $2.55 million or he will become a Ufa. I doubt Calgary or any team will do that.

That's a steal for Bennett. I'm not sure any of you actually understand the offer or seen Bennett play. It's not like he's James Neal.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
That's a steal for Bennett. I'm not sure any of you actually understand the offer or seen Bennett play. It's not like he's James Neal.

A 25 point 3 or 4th liner? Who for most of the regular season is invisible. He does show up for the playoffs. I will give you that.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
A 25 point 3 or 4th liner? Who for most of the regular season is invisible. He does show up for the playoffs. I will give you that.

Buffalo wouldn't know anything about that though eh?

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Buffalo wouldn't know anything about that though eh?

No they don't. That's why this trade proposal makes no sense. They are not trading a draft pick plus Staal which will be traded for another draft pick for a rental.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
No they don't. That's why this trade proposal makes no sense. They are not trading a draft pick plus Staal which will be traded for another draft pick for a rental.

You get to keep Bennett though (probably).... This conversation is so ridiculous. Take the mystery box I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad