Salary Cap: Salary Cap Crunch Part 4: The Hawks Won the Cup... and a $71.4 M cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Winning does make it easier to live thru cap purges

Sharp will be first core member to be moved by Bowman. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded at draft to Dale

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Trade Sharp, opens up a spot for Tera in the top 6. Dump Bickell, attach pick or prospect if you have to, that creates around 9.5 million in cap room.

Other fan bases are really overrating the cap crunch. I mean we still got some solid guys coming up like Pokka, Johns, Paliotta, McNeill, Hartman and Schmaltz. Teravainen was just the first to come.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Trade Sharp, Crawford, and Bickell and I am throwing my money on the Hawks again next year. With 16M in cap money to spend, we are back on top of the league babyyyyyy BOYYAAKASSHHAAA

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
He's been solid both runs, minus R1 this year, and I'm not even sure the last time a team traded the cup winning goalie right after winning. Bowman would face a lot of public backlash.

The Hawks let Niemi go after he won the cup in 2010 and would not accept the Hawks' offer. So, there is a precedent for it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I think most people that dont want Crawford traded dont really understand how the cap works, see if Crawford is not traded then there is no money for a decent center this year, if he is not traded by next year then we are losing Seabrook. I would rather trade him now while value is high, you never know what happens in a year.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Trade Sharp, opens up a spot for Tera in the top 6. Dump Bickell, attach pick or prospect if you have to, that creates around 9.5 million in cap room.

Other fan bases are really overrating the cap crunch. I mean we still got some solid guys coming up like Pokka, Johns, Paliotta, McNeill, Hartman and Schmaltz. Teravainen was just the first to come.

I was poking around a few other teams boards last night. Someone made a comment that the team will be decimated by the cap hell coming up. Someone replied to them - we've been saying that for 6 years and it never happens.

That about sums it up,. Stan always seems to find a way.With whoever leaves, they plug it up. Might lose a year, but they figure it out.

I will say this...I'd love for them to figure out a way to keep Vermette. If we lose Vermette and Richards, we're back to square one for having no centers after Toews.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I'll repost this from the goalie discussion thread since it's just as relevant here.

Corey's not going anywhere, nor should he. Two-time Cup-winning goalies are worth the money.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I think most people that dont want Crawford traded dont really understand how the cap works, see if Crawford is not traded then there is no money for a decent center this year, if he is not traded by next year then we are losing Seabrook. I would rather trade him now while value is high, you never know what happens in a year.

I think most people that want Crawford traded don't understand who fantastic of a goalie he is and how important to the team he is

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I was poking around a few other teams boards last night. Someone made a comment that the team will be decimated by the cap hell coming up. Someone replied to them - we've been saying that for 6 years and it never happens.

That about sums it up,. Stan always seems to find a way.With whoever leaves, they plug it up. Might lose a year, but they figure it out.

I will say this...I'd love for them to figure out a way to keep Vermette. If we lose Vermette and Richards, we're back to square one for having no centers after Toews.

Yeah, this is what worries me the most. I really hope one of Vermette or Richards will stick around for one more year, and it'd be awesome if one of them took a slight paycut to do it. But if we have to fill both of their slots in, that is going to suck. I really don't want to see Andrew Shaw back in a #2 or #3 center role. Please god no.

I'd also like to see TT stay on a wing, at least for now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I still think it would be best for TT to play RW next year and build 3 scoring lines ,, Hard to fit people for TT on 3rd line though (Hartman can play LW I believe but 2 kids on same line probably wouldn't fly with Q)

Panarin-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Trocheck-Kane
?-?-TT

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I'll repost this from the goalie discussion thread since it's just as relevant here.

Corey's not going anywhere, nor should he. Two-time Cup-winning goalies are worth the money.

They just won the cup, do you think he is gonna be announcing that he is trading Crawford? Come on now... He is gonna tell Crawford first before he announces it lol

needle

Apr 30, 2012
Bowman has to get more than he got in 2010.

Byfuglien: Morin (bust), Kayes (didn't sign)
Ladd: Vishnevskiy (left for KHL), Clendening (traded)
Niemi: Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad