GDT: Sabres @ Wild 5PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
A fun little stat:

We have more regulation wins....and the same number of regulation/OT wins as the Leafs...but 12 fewer points.

We have the same number of regulation wins and one fewer regulation/OT wins than the Flyers.....but 13 fewer points.

Well the one positive about this team is that they win or lose in 60. They want nothing to do with extra curriculars

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

- Road win!
- Coming from behind!
- Homecoming redemption goal from Greenway.
- Tuch's pass and Jokiharju's finish in OT.
- Mitts and his line were good.
- Robinson back in and the 4th line out shot and out chanced their opposition.
- Luukkonen. Again.

Bad:

- The disallowed PP goal is a piece of why the NHL product is crap. A fraction of the puck, outside the bounds of human sight while live, takes a beauty off the board.
- Clifton's stick foul.
- Bryson and JJ just avoiding playing defense against EK.

Ugly:

- Mike Russo hanging onto the Pominville thing for ELEVEN YEARS.
- Tage's line outshot and outchanced all night, with a 5-0 deficit at high danger chances.
- Skinner AWOL again.

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Don't worry, he'll have a bad year when the rest of the team is competetive again.

Joke aside I hope they play for UPL the rest of the season. His effort deserves a better team.
Maybe 2025 is the year the goaltending and offense get on the same page.

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
UPL emerging as a legit starter is a nice consolation prize on the season. I was a doubter of his.

I agree, though I was never a doubter. I've been all over Luukkonen as a fan since he dominated the OHL with Sudbury back in 2018-19.

I really like the fact that Sabres have impoved defensively this season -- Luukkonen's play being a big reason.

166 goals against through 54 games this year.
187 GA at the same stage last season.

While I'd much rather Buffalo win 7-6 than lose 2-1, the way the Sabres played last season isn't long-term success-sustainable, IMO.

A Luukkonen-Levi goalie duo going forward has me much more optimistic than last year when the Sabres were in better shape to earn a playoff berth.

Just my 2p.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Guys, in case you didn’t hear, I have officially broken up with Jeff Skinner. We’ve been separated for months, almost the entire season really. I’m just making it official. He’s all yours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad