GDT: Sabres @ Wild 5PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see Faber got the "best defenseman on my team so I'm on for all the important stuff" -3 tonight. As a Sabre fan, we know all about that with Risto and Dahlin.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This just in: The furious Giraffe Gods have taken their vengeance on John Hynes for taking a goal away from Tage by smiting him with a canker sore.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Time for TT to be off PP1. We saw what going to net does and not just tonight. The PP should be 22 89 and 24 crashing the net with 2 of whoever getting pucks into the house. The perimeter nature of the flow w TT out there for the onetimer is killing the PP. It also bleeds into 5v5. Toe Blake Eddie Shore

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
BTW, those North Stars throwbacks were sensational.

Denis Maruk flashback
1708220239528.png

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Time for TT to be off PP1. We saw what going to net does and not just tonight. The PP should be 22 89 and 24 crashing the net with 2 of whoever getting pucks into the house. The perimeter nature of the flow w TT out there for the onetimer is killing the PP. It also bleeds into 5v5. Toe Blake Eddie Shore
Well, that’s certainly a hot take.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
BTW, those North Stars throwbacks were sensational.
That made for a GREAT looking game.
I consider the Sabres road (white) set the best of the non-Orginal Six team sets.

Damnit, I came here to post the same exact thing!

Also, between the jerseys at the Stadium Series tonight and that Wild/Sabres pairing, I'm getting the most aesthetically pleasing (well at least for the jerseys) day of hockey in a long time.

Reactions: thewookie1

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Anyone have UPL's numbers in his last 10 ? They must be pretty damn good (top 5) right ?
It will take more effort than I want to give to determine the top 5 question, but what I did find out ...

Since giving up four goals to the NYR on December 23, Luukkonen hasn't given up more than three in a game since. And he give up three goals only three times.

That covers 13 games. All starts.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Hate that Cozens stole that one from Greener, but of course I want us hammering it in every time. Our Minnesota boys deserved the goals.

Only watched the 1st and 2nd before literally falling asleep 👴🏼

UPL very well could be playing in the Olympics in two years.
So he didn't score and we still have the 27th ranked poerplay. Got it.
Well, you were talking about effectiveness. And challenge or not, the play happened with MIN trying their best to stop it. So it's a particularly strange night to advocate for Tage's removal from PP1 when we saw an example of how effective it can be with some actual puck movement.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Not really. The Ovie office crap doesn't work. The league hss adjusted. Yet they keep trying it instead of exploiting a size advantage to work pucks low.
So your take to fix the pp is to take Thompson off of it? I can think of two other people to maybe take off of pp1 that would remove some of the overplaying on Thompson. Better puck movement would help too.

Taking Thompson off of pp1 is well down the list of options to improve it, so yes, it is a hot take.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm still pretty effing sour about everything in the damn world. The Sabres late asspull changed my permafrown briefly into a surly grimace.

Benson had a pretty rough 3rd from what I saw. I hope UPL lives to spite me claiming he'll never be a quality NHL goalie.

Now get off my lawn. Life is pain.

So your take to fix the pp is to take Thompson off of it? I can think of two other people to maybe take off of pp1 that would remove some of the overplaying on Thompson. Better puck movement would help too.

Taking Thompson off of pp1 is well down the list of options to improve it, so yes, it is a hot take.

S.E.P:

Skinner Ends Possession

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad