GDT: Sabres @ Hawks 6pm 11/19/23 NBC sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Forever rebuild? This team just won 3 Cups and is in year 2 of the rebuild. To quote my favorite character on Shoresy, ”settle down”.
You can call the last Bowman years whatever you want but the Hawks have been a lousy team for the past 6 years with several more to come. NHL draft picks, no matter where they are picked, are crap shoots that take many years to develop into quality NHL players if they even do. And I also referred to all Chicago teams, which are all pretty much trash and trying to rebuild. And the Hawks won the cup 9 seasons ago, that does not qualify as just won.

Reactions: Jimmy2Times

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
The only 3 forwards that the team should continue to employ for the next 5 seasons play on the same line.

Kind of ironic.

Reactions: ray c

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Blackhawks will have a top five pick this summer…hopefully sign Nylander and Reinhart…a compete next year for a playoff spot

Reactions: ray c

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I know some people seem to enjoy watching games and rooting for losses, I am sick of losing. It seems like every Chicago team is awful, in a forever rebuild, and where fans want them to lose for draft picks. Tired of losing, it sucks.

You might be tired of losing but there’s a lot more L’s coming. And frankly, I don’t see next years team being a playoff squad yet either.

I think year three of Bedard is when we can start talking playoffs.

At this rate the hawks will almost certainly have another top 5 pick this coming summer.

Reactions: d rake and Idionym

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
You might be tired of losing but there’s a lot more L’s coming. And frankly, I don’t see next years team being a playoff squad yet either.

At this rate the hawks will almost certainly have another top 5 pick this coming summer.

I think year 3 of Bedard is when we'll start to see a turnaround as well.

I feel like once they surround him with some more top 6 talent and trim some of the fat off this roster as a result they'll be right in the thick of it.

Here's hoping that Commesso (or someone else) comes to the NHL and plays like a stud in nets for them and the young defensemen mature in to the roles they were drafted for.

There's light at the end of this tunnel, but much like last year, they need the best first round pick they can get. Top 5 pick, let's go.

Reactions: HawksDub89

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Amen. We are in sports hell in Chicago. I have no idea when the Hawks will be good again. I think the Bears are just a horribly run organization and will always be bad. At some point I’d like rooting for them to lose for better picks which won’t take matter in the grand scheme to not be a thing

The best character on the Shoresy doesn’t speak. And that’s the Policetti Brothers. Remy Nadeau who does the plays by play comes in second
your avatar looks like a graphic design where someone tried to hide a swastica.

You can call the last Bowman years whatever you want but the Hawks have been a lousy team for the past 6 years with several more to come. NHL draft picks, no matter where they are picked, are crap shoots that take many years to develop into quality NHL players if they even do. And I also referred to all Chicago teams, which are all pretty much trash and trying to rebuild. And the Hawks won the cup 9 seasons ago, that does not qualify as just won.
yes it does to any true blue Chicago sports fan who's lived through MUCH longer droughts than that.

Reactions: Pez68

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
His role? Lol he's not a third pairing D. He’s going to be on the ice in most situations.

Your issue with Jones is weird as hell. Honestly what specifically don’t you like?

Give me specifics beyond “he’s trying to be HIM” lol

You don’t like him on the PP? Great me either, be mad at Richardson.

100% correct.
It's seriously just memes and nonsense at this point. Everyone is on board with losing yet they expect Jones to play like a top 15 defenseman. He's doing exactly what a team going nowhere needs--someone to eat minutes and make appearances at inner city schools and grow the game of hockey with minorities--oops, that last part should be inferred in his value, not actually put into words.

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
It's seriously just memes and nonsense at this point. Everyone is on board with losing yet they expect Jones to play like a top 15 defenseman. He's doing exactly what a team going nowhere needs--someone to eat minutes and make appearances at inner city schools and grow the game of hockey with minorities--oops, that last part should be inferred in his value, not actually put into words.
weird post

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
You don't think there's value off the ice in choosing a minutes-eater on a team going nowhere to also grow the game with a demographic that the entire league has made a focus on marketing the game toward being more open and welcoming?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You don't think there's value off the ice in choosing a minutes-eater on a team going nowhere to also grow the game with a demographic that the entire league has made a focus on marketing the game toward being more open and welcoming?
The only way to make the game more open and welcoming is to make the equipment and cost to play it waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But cable ecer cobtend until Seth Jones is off the books?

He is slightly improved defensively ...so far at ONLY 3.5 GA/60 minutes....down from last year at a whipoingc3.9GA per 60 minutes played...

But compare to an elite 1D :

Charlie McAvoy only 1.7 GA/60 minutes...

So Seth more than 2 times worse than the ecljent McAvoy.

If we are paying SJ $9.5,McAvoy must be a $19 million value.

With an albatross like SJ can this team ever really get to the top again?
Stuck with SJ till end of 29/30 season.
OMG...

Al gon...long...long wait till excellence or the removal of the garbage.

P.S. I do nktcexoect SJ to maintain the lofty heights of 3.5 GA/60...HE will creep bsck to his 3.9 /60 inGA by season end..
Seth beibg Seth

No expense by eitgerceyectest or actual stats.Ge just has no instinctfor defending efficiently...Nor for mitigating that by orividibg imoactful consistent and dangerous to opos offense.. It just is not there..

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
But cable ecer cobtend until Seth Jones is off the books?

He is slightly improved defensively ...so far at ONLY 3.5 GA/60 minutes....down from last year at a whipoingc3.9GA per 60 minutes played...

But compare to an elite 1D :

Charlie McAvoy only 1.7 GA/60 minutes...

So Seth more than 2 times worse than the ecljent McAvoy.

If we are paying SJ $9.5,McAvoy must be a $19 million value.

With an albatross like SJ can this team ever really get to the top again?
Stuck with SJ till end of 29/30 season.
OMG...

Al gon...long...long wait till excellence or the removal of the garbage.

P.S. I do nktcexoect SJ to maintain the lofty heights of 3.5 GA/60...HE will creep bsck to his 3.9 /60 inGA by season end..
Seth beibg Seth

No expense by eitgerceyectest or actual stats.Ge just has no instinctfor defending efficiently...Nor for mitigating that by orividibg imoactful consistent and dangerous to opos offense.. It just is not there..
English classes bud it helps

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

I get it, just sick of it. Chicago throughout is the city of tanking for draft picks

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I get it, just sick of it. Chicago throughout is the city of tanking for draft picks

The Bears got a steal when they got Carolina's first 9th overall, DJ Moore + for the 1st overall selection last year.

Now, do they keep Fields or use Carolina's pick to take Williams or Maye? Marvin Harrison Jr. looks like he's going to be an absolute beast.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
The Bears got a steal when they got Carolina's first 9th overall, DJ Moore + for the 1st overall selection last year.

Now, do they keep Fields or use Carolina's pick to take Williams or Maye? Marvin Harrison Jr. looks like he's going to be an absolute beast.
I think Fields's floor is high enough that you wait a little longer to see if everything clicks. He's insanely talented. I'd take MHJ, pick up the 5th year option and give him 2 more years to figure things out.

I've come around on him being average right now.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Dude….WE LITERALLY JUST DRAFTED A GENERATIONAL CORNERSTONE WHO JUST TURNED 18!!!

We are FIFTEEN GAMES into YEAR 1AB….

….and you’re sick and tired of waiting/losing?!?!?!

Not to even mention the whole ya kno 3 championships in 6 years thing we JUST WENT THROUGH….and now we luck into landing a talent like 98 the very second Toews/Kane are gone…..AND YOURE COMPLAINING?!?!?!?

Unreal

Smh

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
The blackhawks are the Chicago team I am least worried about. They're the one team not looking like their future is being a fringe playoff team. Watching my teams suck and then pick 7-15 is truly hell. I'd rather be god awful and then (hopefully) really good than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad