Kaiser Phillips
Zaitsev

Mrazek/Soderblom

Injured: Blackwell Tinordi

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anyone else here just never liked Connor Murphy while he's been here? I'm definitely not watching all 82 games a year the last 4 or so seasons but I've been very underwhelmed by his talents, especially with his 6'4" frame. We traded Hjlamarsson away for him, granted Hjalmarsson was older and past his prime at that point, but I thought we'd be getting a defensively effective #3 guy here and I'm not sure we've seen that from him for the vast majority of his tenure as a Hawk.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anyone else here just never liked Connor Murphy while he's been here? I'm definitely not watching all 82 games a year the last 4 or so seasons but I've been very underwhelmed by his talents, especially with his 6'4" frame. We traded Hjlamarsson away for him, granted Hjalmarsson was older and past his prime at that point, but I thought we'd be getting a defensively effective #3 guy here and I'm not sure we've seen that from him for the vast majority of his tenure as a Hawk.
I liked Murphy a lot in his first few years in Chicago. I think he's fallen off, though I still appreciate him as a veteran and the leadership he provides.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yep. It was Stan at his best. There was a lot of wishful thinking that he was a younger version of Hammer. In a pig's eye.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Hopefully things pick up. Through 12 games I was on the team is fun to watch again bandwagon. Getting 5 wins their first 12 games with the ridiculous schedule they had was overachieving, they were playing a scrappy game with a good level of enjoyment is spite of losses. The last few games the compete level and energy has dropped considerably and the fun to watch thing has dissipated a bit (and I attended the game yesterday which was very underwhelming). They need to get back to the effort and energy level they had the first 10 games or so, it looks the last few games like they are running out of gas.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
It took me awhile to get over who he was traded for and comparing Murphy to him. That wasn't fair to Murphy though. Hammer was a legend.

In his time here Murphy has been well above a replacement level player imo.

He looks like he has lost half a step this season though. He does play a rugged style. Maybe it has caught up to him?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

His second year here up through the JC years he was solid. And, being how bad the forwards played under JC, Murphy was a big stand out for those seasons. Most of those games had to be a nightmare for the D-men and thus the D as a whole took way more blame than they deserved game to game...they were constantly hung out to dry.

Really, this kinda began before JC though. In '17/'18 the team fell off a cliff and just tried to score goals. Hossa gone, Toews was just trying to play offense, a bunch of other soft forwards (Schmaltz, Hino, Cat was better but still learning to play on the walls), etc etc. Our team defense just imploded. Keith was a -29 that season.

I think in Murphy's prime he could have blended in easily as a solid second pair dude on much better teams.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

Why break up the Foligno-Bedard-Kurashev line? That new top line is going to get caved in with the way it’s constructed

Reactions: d rake

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Because if you’re going to take Reichel off center it makes sense to put you best players together. It might struggle but it’s worth a shot.

I asked for this line last game:
I mean I appreciate the sentiment of wanting to play your most naturally gifted players together but they’re essentially asking Kurashev to do all of the dirty work on that line and I think that’ll end up being a disaster

Reactions: d rake

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Line 1 was getting caved anyways. So not like it makes a difference. Plus Reichel and Kurashev have the whole German connection going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad