Proposal: Sabres - Bluejackets blockbuster

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is pretty much the exact polar opposite of what the Jackets need. We need more established NHL guys for the kids to learn from, not Even More Kids. Even if they're really really awesome looking kids.

Reactions: Play

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I dont care how they look, I want good hockey players

1707144609817.png

Hold my beer!

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
They want more vets. Why would they trade their Captain and one of their only vets?
Well, I don't know why Buffalo is giving up so much on this. Power is all of 21 and for all the abuse he gets in Sabreland he is having a decent sophomore year. He's put up some point, he's a plus player, and he's locked down for what will be a decent contract at $8.3 as the term evolves. He's 6'6", but he's not going to be Chris Pronger, which is why people get down on him. Werenski is a better player today but not by a ton. He also has less term and more cap. Doesn't move the needle at all for me.

Now Jenner is a nice heavy forward, who can hit and take a faceoff. He's a guy Buffalo needs but two years of term isn't ideal. Why does Columbus trade him? I don't know if Columbus wants high-end draft talent, which is what Buffalo has to offer today. Is the team competing? Does it need scoring? Caset Mittlestaedt has more offensive upside. The garbage about not doing a pullup is nonsense -- he is strong on the puck. He also has 1.25 years of team control so that might not fit Columbus's needs.

I honestly have no sense whether Columbus is competing for now or trying o build.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Why would Buffalo trade Mittlestadt when he's their only center playing close to a 200' game? They also don't need another offense leaning left-handed dman. A kids for kids trade would be interesting though,

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well, I don't know why Buffalo is giving up so much on this. Power is all of 21 and for all the abuse he gets in Sabreland he is having a decent sophomore year. He's put up some point, he's a plus player, and he's locked down for what will be a decent contract at $8.3 as the term evolves. He's 6'6", but he's not going to be Chris Pronger, which is why people get down on him. Werenski is a better player today but not by a ton. He also has less term and more cap. Doesn't move the needle at all for me.

Now Jenner is a nice heavy forward, who can hit and take a faceoff. He's a guy Buffalo needs but two years of term isn't ideal. Why does Columbus trade him? I don't know if Columbus wants high-end draft talent, which is what Buffalo has to offer today. Is the team competing? Does it need scoring? Caset Mittlestaedt has more offensive upside. The garbage about not doing a pullup is nonsense -- he is strong on the puck. He also has 1.25 years of team control so that might not fit Columbus's needs.

I honestly have no sense whether Columbus is competing for now or trying o build.
Columbus is trying to develop the kids that have already been acquired, and so to the extent that anything other than time and patience are necessary we need quality skilled veteran mentors. Too many of the ones we have aren't helping very much.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Columbus is trying to develop the kids that have already been acquired, and so to the extent that anything other than time and patience are necessary we need quality skilled veteran mentors. Too many of the ones we have aren't helping very much.

I think lost in all of this is how Jenner is very much the sort of well-respected 200' veteran players who can show the younger players the way and THAT has intrinsic value beyond just acquiring more picks or prospects. Buffalo fans should understand that if no one else does - that youth will not always ripen well when there isn't guidance in their locker room.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think lost in all of this is how Jenner is very much the sort of well-respected 200' veteran players who can show the younger players the way and THAT has intrinsic value beyond just acquiring more picks or prospects. Buffalo fans should understand that if no one else does - that youth will not always ripen well when there isn't guidance in their locker room.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. You get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

Now could you do us a favor and explain that to the Avs fans as well? They've been f***ing relentless... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad