GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 7PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It seems like ppl are just dead set on not liking Krebs... Very similar to a lot of the negative comments mitts got last year. Playing with Okposo and Gus isn't going to improve your offensive abilities

And it's a full house tonight...
Peyton is extremely likeable...what is apparent is he is not the hidden gem in the trade. Can he be useful? Absolutely. In the same way Johan Larsson was useful. But let's not wait for tne flower to bloom before we make affirmative moves to crawl out of mediocrity. If he can help, great, if not get someone who can. BUT DO IT NOW.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'll say this - I think Columbus has enough there, the skeleton of a good young team that with a quality coach is going to get much better quickly. That Russian line is excellent 5-on-5 (okay, it's Voronkov who makes that go but still) and if they can sort out their prospects into legit players, I like where they are poised to go. It only takes a strong, prepared voice behind the bench and I think they will make a jump.

I like their forwards. My concern for them is -- who can actually play solid defense there? Severson and Provorov haven't ever really been known as defensive stalwarts. And their goalie situation is UGLY.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Shouldn't Mitts be given a goal on that play because the net was empty?

Gonna start to hear whispers of Luukkonen and the Vezina if he keeps this up.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
And just like that, the Sabres have won 3 of their last 4 (and I would argue were the better team vs the Ducks, but there was a goaltending disparity in that one).

Just don't look at who their opponents are for their next 6 games...
The schedule will season them for 2024-25.....

High expectations sell season tickets, ya know???? Terry's already sent the memo to KA!!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He's been just fine in this stretch of games. Maybe he's finally learned what he is as a hockey player and has embraced it?

As in, a smooth-skating, defense-first, positionally-sound guy.

Maybe.....just maybe.....he can have a long career as a 6/7 guy.
I haven't had a problem with his play but he really should not be out on the ice in the final minute of a 1 goal game

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
He's been just fine in this stretch of games. Maybe he's finally learned what he is as a hockey player and has embraced it?

As in, a smooth-skating, defense-first, positionally-sound guy.

Maybe.....just maybe.....he can have a long career as a 6/7 guy.
Ya I mean look at mitts and Thompson, can’t give up on Bryson too early

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like their forwards. My concern for them is -- who can actually play solid defense there? Severson and Provorov haven't ever really been known as defensive stalwarts. And their goalie situation is UGLY.

It's going to be a lot more uptempo with Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Playoffs back in sight
Interestingly, the 8th best win percentage in the East is .560. That is a sub-92 point pace.

To get to 92 points, the Sabres need 36 points in their last 25 games. So 18-7 or equivalent.

So it's not strictly impossible. They play the Lightning 2X, Red Wings 3X, Capitals 2X, so in some ways they control their fate.

But the schedule looks very hard in general. Not many teams below them in the standings to feast on like we have been for our last 15 games. In fact of our last 25 games, only team below us we play is Ottawa. 1/25.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think the NHL is overplaying its hand. Eventually the NFL and maybe even the NBA can demand a per viewing fee. The NHL will never be able to do that so why not inundate the streams with as many games as possible? More eyeballs. More ad revenue. The pay per view is a reach in my book. It is just not that good of a product and could get worse if they expand
They absolutely are. Hockey is the third most viewed major sport. They have way to many ways block people from watching, NHL Network is incredibly irrelevant, they had/have? center ice, ESPN+, Hulu, regional sports providers and blackout for the paid subscription. It's madness

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
You know these guys are gonna string a bunch of wins together now that the playoffs are a distant possibility.
I hope they do. A lot of people forked over hard earned cash for season tickets and if they can get some enjoyment out of the investment I am all for it. Hey they can even pull a miracle Mets and make the playoffs even better. I often forget that I am a fan from afar. Left WNY in the early 90’s. Never stopped being a fan, butnhose boots on the ground are paying the price for my enjoyment. Rip off 10-15 in a row and let the town rock!

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Going to watch Miracle this weekend on the 44th Anniversary of The Miracle On Ice this weekend.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I hope they do. A lot of people forked over hard earned cash for season tickets and if they can get some enjoyment out of the investment I am all for it. Hey they can even pull a miracle Mets and make the playoffs even better. I often forget that I am a fan from afar. Left WNY in the early 90’s. Never stopped being a fan, butnhose boots on the ground are paying the price for my enjoyment. Rip off 10-15 in a row and let the town rock!
No arguments here. Win baby, win.

Reactions: pf8363

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad