Player Discussion Ryan Strome

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why not? I mean Strome is sooo goood at possession and defensive hockey hur durrr.. means absolutely jack **** when he can't contribute offensively.
Still better than guys like Pulju who gives up far more than he creates. I rather a guy who scores 2 goals and allows 2 goals than a guy who scores 10 and allows 20

space321

May 11, 2011
If we are ****ting on Strome for getting **** on by Crosby then Ryan Sutter and Drew Doughty are absolute ****ters for getting wrecked by McDavid

I'd agree if you didn't look at the context. Crosby was not at full speed vs a flat footed defenseman. Strome had plenty of time to take the body but just got walked instead.

Whatever, I can chalk it up to Crosby being Crosby. Care to comment on the other realities facing you?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If we are ****ting on Strome for getting **** on by Crosby then Ryan Sutter and Drew Doughty are absolute ****ters for getting wrecked by McDavid
I'm shitting on him for being completely ineffective offensively and a waste of money.

And it has nothing to do with anyone else. He just sucks all on his own. Good penalty today, though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, that whopping 0 points sure shows it. Not like Connor McDavid hasn't been the major factor on the wins. More of Strome and his selke level of puck possession derp derp.
Yeah, he has zero points and is still a more effective hockey player than Puljujarvi cause he doesn't bleed high quality chances and allow far more than he creates.

I never once called Strome Selke level but continue sounding like a Trumptard

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Strome 93gp 12-21-34
Eberle 92gp 28-37-65

Strome > Eberle because he's so good at puck possession and the defensive side of the game mustering 0 points so far to this season, woohoo.

Reactions: IAGTTAYM

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, he has zero points and is still a more effective hockey player than Puljujarvi cause he doesn't bleed high quality chances and allow far more than he creates.

I never once called Strome Selke level but continue sounding like a Trumptard

Yeah okay, keep telling yourself that. JP sitting in the pressbox eating hot dogs still has contributed more points than Ryan selke Strome, bahaha!!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah okay, keep telling yourself that. JP sitting in the pressbox eating hot dogs still has contributed more points than Ryan selke Strome, bahaha!!
I think you literally don't understand hockey so I guess I'm done here.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think you literally don't understand hockey so I guess I'm done here.

Maybe the team can hire you too then. Because Strome being brought in was apparently to be a puck possession defensive hockey expert.

Want to know an actual good bottom 6 C that's also good in puck possession and the defensive side of the game? Flames good ol Backlund. Keep trying to defend Strome though, its rather amusing.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
3M/yr as 3rd line center. He needs to do more than simply not bleed scoring chances against. Even a 4th line center needs to chip in a little offense from time to time.

Zero points from your 3rd line center is simply unacceptable. He's not a kid anymore, it's time to produce something, anything.

I've been a backer of his but there's no polishing the 0 in 11 games turd.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
3M/yr as 3rd line center. He needs to do more than simply not bleed scoring chances against. Even a 4th line center needs to chip in a little offense from time to time.

Zero points from your 3rd line center is simply unacceptable. He's not a kid anymore, it's time to produce something, anything.

Also been in the league for 6 years, and still has shown mere next to nothing of being a player that can contribute offensively consistently. But he's a good ol Canadian boy that has good puck possession and defensive hockey. Strome's a bust.

Reactions: oilWILDcountry

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe the team can hire you too then. Because Strome being brought in was apparently to be a puck possession defensive hockey expert.

Want to know an actual good bottom 6 C that's also good in puck possession and the defensive side of the game? Flames good ol Backlund. Keep trying to defend Strome though, its rather amusing.
You keep saying things that I have never said and you are making yourself look like a child. Congrats

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Unreal how this goof gets played over players we can develop instead. It’s like chia doesn’t want to come to terms with the fact he was fleeced yet again. Lost a top 6 scoring winger for some broken ankles. Develop Pulju, have him practice the f*** out of one timers, give Marody a fighting chance... I’m sick of dead weight players being gifted a job.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Also been in the league for 6 years, and still has shown mere next to nothing of being a player that can contribute offensively consistently. But he's a good ol Canadian boy that has good puck possession and defensive hockey. Strome's a bust.

He does do some good things away from the puck but 0 in 11 speaks for itself. Even got a goal served on a platter from McDavid tonight and bupkis. It's gotta be mental with him at this point.

I'd slot Marody into that spot for a few games to see if he can spark some offense

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He does do some good things away from the puck but 0 in 11 speaks for itself. Even got a goal served on a platter from McDavid tonight and bupkis. It's gotta be mental with him at this point.

Even Zack fricken Kassian who's been garbage for the last season and this has contributed more points than Strome.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Even Zack fricken Kassian who's been garbage for the last season and this has contributed more points than Strome.

Yeah but Kassian has bled goals against at an alarming rate even in limited minutes. Strome has been the better player this season without question.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah but Kassian has bled goals against at an alarming rate even in limited minutes. Strome has been the better player this season without question.

Its a joke, js. I know Kassian's been bleeding goals heavily, but the fact that he has managed to score a goal while Strome hasn't is just LOL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

And has been on the ice for significantly more goals against.

You don't win games by scoring points. You win them by outscoring your opponent. I don't know why that's such a foreign concept to some people.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's not a ringing endorsement for either player.

If Strome stopped taking penalties you wouldn't even know he played this year.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
And has been on the ice for significantly more goals against.

You don't win games by scoring points. You win them by outscoring your opponent. I don't know why that's such a foreign concept to some people.

Outscoring our opponents, true! Strome contributing offensively to the Oilers so far? Nope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad