Player Discussion Ryan Strome

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So what exactly does this guy do? 11 games now, zero points. But he does have five penalties.

I just don't see it. There's nothing here.

space321

May 11, 2011
So what exactly does this guy do? 11 games now, zero points. But he does have five penalties.

I just don't see it. There's nothing here.

Our resident Strome apologist told me he's twice the player Puljujarvi and used +/- as his stat to back it up lol.

Inb4 Todd promotes Strome to 1st line to help get him going.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He's not awful. He's useless. I think there is probably a distinction to be made there. But he doesn't help you win games. Which is what this team needs. Very easy to go through 3 or 4 games and forget he's even playing.
11 months later....

As useless as ever

space321

May 11, 2011
I guess he hit a crossbar today, so that's an improvement from missing the net or shooting it right into a goalie. Maybe he'll score a couple soon. And then probably disappear for another month.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Our resident Strome apologist told me he's twice the player Puljujarvi and used +/- as his stat to back it up lol.

Inb4 Todd promotes Strome to 1st line to help get him going.
I'm a Strome apologist?

News to me. Rather be an apologist than an actual idiot.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He has 0 f***ing points. Who the hell can defend Strome at this point? He's not even good at faceoffs. Cyclone's 'criticism' of JP is reaching Raab's stupidity of hating on Nurse.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He has 0 ****ing points. Who the hell can defend Strome at this point? He's not even good at faceoffs. Cyclone's 'criticism' of JP is reaching Raab's stupidity of hating on Nurse.
His line drives possession every single night and give up little to nothing every night. This was a rare goal against tonight for Strome. He is heavily snake bit but he is often solid defensively. More than you can say for Jesse "Yakupov2.0" Puljujarvi

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
His line drives possession every single night and give up little to nothing every night. This was a rare goal against tonight for Strome. He is heavily snake bit but he is often solid defensively. More than you can say for Jesse "Yakupov2.0" Puljujarvi
Possession doesn't mean shit if you don't score.

If the Oilers weren't starved for wingers they could put RNH in Strome's place and send him elsewhere.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

He has 0 points!!!! Even Cam flipping Talbot has more points than Ryan Strome. Where's Eberle? Ah right, pot two goals tonight. But hey, keep defending Strome. I would think Strome's a bottom 6 grinding vet with the way you glorify his ass.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He has 0 points!!!! Even Cam flipping Talbot has more points than Ryan Strome. Where's Eberle? Ah right, pot two goals tonight. But hey, keep defending Strome. I would think Strome's a bottom 6 grinding vet with the way you glorify his ass.
Ahhh the good old bringing up who a player was trading for. I'm sure Strome went in and said "Please trade me for Jordan Eberle, thank you"

space321

May 11, 2011
You use feelings to decide what players are better. At least I have some reality in my posts.

Okay regardless of what I think of Puljujarvi, and sure I like Puljujarvi more than I like Strome, I'm not gonna discuss Puljujarvi's play in this thread since it's about Strome.

Reality is Strome has 0 points so far this year.
Reality is Strome even gets PPTOI with nothing to show for.
Reality is Strome took two lazy penalties two games in a row.
Reality is Strome is not held accountable for being shit.
Reality is he's paid 3m. Reality is the entire 3rd line is utter garbage.
Reality is Islander fans told us not to expect anything from Strome. Reality is Caggiula scored two goals without any help from Lucic/Strome vs Nashville.

What else? Are you going to tell me how he's defensively responsible? Like how he got absolutely destroyed by Crosby on that OT? Reality is Strome has played brutal hockey for like the majority of his tenure here.

I hope he picks it up soon because in today's NHL you can't succeed with a 3rd line that doesn't score. He can defend all he wants, but against deep teams that are able to match McDavid + Draisaitl's lines, the 3rd line is key.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Ahhh the good old bringing up who a player was trading for. I'm sure Strome went in and said "Please trade me for Jordan Eberle, thank you"

Why not? I mean Strome is sooo goood at possession and defensive hockey hur durrr.. means absolutely jack shit when he can't contribute offensively.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Okay regardless of what I think of Puljujarvi, and sure I like Puljujarvi more than I like Strome, I'm not gonna discuss Puljujarvi's play in this thread since it's about Strome.

Reality is Strome has 0 points so far this year.
Reality is Strome even gets PPTOI with nothing to show for.
Reality is Strome took two lazy penalties two games in a row.
Reality is Strome is not held accountable for being ****.
Reality is he's paid 3m. Reality is the entire 3rd line is utter garbage.
Reality is Islander fans told us not to expect anything from Strome. Reality is Caggiula scored two goals without any help from Lucic/Strome vs Nashville.

What else? Are you going to tell me how he's defensively responsible? Like how he got absolutely destroyed by Crosby on that OT? Reality is Strome has played brutal hockey for like the majority of his tenure here.

I hope he picks it up soon because in today's NHL you can't succeed with a 3rd line that doesn't score. He can defend all he wants, but against deep teams that are able to match McDavid + Draisaitl's lines, the 3rd line is key.
If we are shitting on Strome for getting shit on by Crosby then Ryan Sutter and Drew Doughty are absolute shitters for getting wrecked by McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad