Player Discussion Ryan Strome

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Its a joke, js. I know Kassian's been bleeding goals heavily, but the fact that he has managed to score a goal while Strome hasn't is just LOL.

Well.... Yeah.
It's not even the lack of goals, not even a fluke assist? Come on Strome, throw your defenders a bone.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And has been on the ice for significantly more goals against.

You don't win games by scoring points. You win them by outscoring your opponent. I don't know why that's such a foreign concept to some people.
Outscoring requires scoring

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unreal how this goof gets played over players we can develop instead. It’s like chia doesn’t want to come to terms with the fact he was fleeced yet again. Lost a top 6 scoring winger for some broken ankles. Develop Pulju, have him practice the **** out of one timers, give Marody a fighting chance... I’m sick of dead weight players being gifted a job.
Since when is Puljujarvi a center?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And has been on the ice for significantly more goals against.

You don't win games by scoring points. You win them by outscoring your opponent. I don't know why that's such a foreign concept to some people.
Because scoring is all that matters to some people.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
As a line. Not personally.
thats a stretch. Most lines aren’t going to score unless all three players contribute at least somewhat. McDavid can maybe get it done with only one other contributor. But a 3rd line featuring strome and Lucic certainly can’t.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
As a line. Not personally.
Well neither he nor Lucic have a 5x5 goal yet this season and as of tonight he's a minus player.

Zero f***ing points and people make excuses for this player. He even gets PP time and he can't contribute to that either. He's not even above 50% on faceoffs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Its not like he isnt getting or creating chances either. That crossbar was just tough luck. He looks like he is pressing.
He needs a goal to bounce in off his ass.
It's like my conversations about other players. I swear people only look at the box score and if a player isn't on it they had a bad game and are a useless player.

space321

May 11, 2011
Its not like he isnt getting or creating chances either. That crossbar was just tough luck. He looks like he is pressing.
He needs a goal to bounce in off his ass.

So what you're saying is he needs to be promoted to McDavid's line...?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well neither he nor Lucic have a 5x5 goal yet this season and as of tonight he's a minus player.

Zero ****ing points and people make excuses for this player. He even gets PP time and he can't contribute to that either.
So is Draisaitl.

So 5v5 Draisaitl and Strome have both been a negative factor overall. But just barely

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He needs to play better.

He isnt a perfect player by any means but when you have a more neutral perspective he has been just fine. His line is out chancing and out preforming the lines they play against. Dismiss that if you like but it matters.

space321

May 11, 2011
So is Draisaitl.

So 5v5 Draisaitl and Strome have both been a negative factor overall. But just barely

You're just grasping at straws now lol

You should wait until Strome has a hot couple of games in a row, where he scores 3 or 4 goals. But idk, we might not see you until next year at this rate.

I hope this guy scores soon, for your sake.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Least Draisaitl can still put up points. More points than Str'0'me. Now I know what the 'O' truly meant in his last name.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Getting chances doesn't mean a whole lot when you lose by a goal. Bury something. Crash the net. Put someone through the boards.

The only time he shows up is when he takes penalties.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
thats a stretch. Most lines aren’t going to score unless all three players contribute at least somewhat. McDavid can maybe get it done with only one other contributor. But a 3rd line featuring strome and Lucic certainly can’t.

Sure, but they're obviously going to luck into a few points at some point though.

I just don't get the severity of knives out for a guy who took eleven games to be a minus player even if he has doughnuts across the board.

If the 3rd and 4th line can go out there and have nothing happen, the Oilers should be winning a lot of games with McDavid and Leon ahead of them.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He’s an offensive black hole right now. That post he hit tonight summed up his season nicely.

space321

May 11, 2011
Sure, but they're obviously going to luck into a few points at some point though.

I just don't get the severity of knives out for a guy who took eleven games to be a minus player even if he has doughnuts across the board.

If the 3rd and 4th line can go out there and have nothing happen, the Oilers should be winning a lot of games with McDavid and Leon ahead of them.

Sure, but we're paying that 3rd line 9M+. We're lucky McDavid can carry this team like he did in the first 10 games. And that Chiasson provided some timely 2ndary scoring.

McDavid can mask any deficiencies on this team, but that doesn't mean those faults aren't there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad