Value of: Ryan Strome to Minnesota

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
This was true last year.

Not so much this year. I mean Panarin helps, but his play has been good independent of Panarin.

I don't think they're going to resign Zibanejad FWIW, but that won't really have an impact on what they do with Strome.
looks he his... last 10 games as per LWL

5/5
FORWARD 1
FORWARD 2
FORWARD 3
%
KREIDERZIBANEJADBUCHNEVICH21.3
PANARINSTROMEBLACKWELL14.2
LAFRENIRECHYTILKAKKO10.3
HOWDENROONEYKRAVTSOV9.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PP
PLAYER 1
PLAYER 2
PLAYER 3
PLAYER 4
PLAYER 5
%
PANARINZIBANEJADSTROMEKREIDERFOX65
BUCHNEVICHBLACKWELLKAKKOMILLERTROUBA22.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

5/5
FORWARD 1
FORWARD 2
FORWARD 3
%
LAFRENIRECHYTILKAKKO10.3
HOWDENROONEYKRAVTSOV9.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PP
PLAYER 1
PLAYER 2
PLAYER 3
PLAYER 4
PLAYER 5
%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

oh they’ve played most of the season together, but there was also a stretch where Panarin was out and he was very good. Kreider has played the only good hockey of this season (5v5) with Strome as well.

but he’s been much more of a Catalyst next to Panarin this year than he was last. He very much was a passenger on that line last season, not so much this year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I'd love for NYR to acquire Khusnutdinov, had my eye on him at draft time
Coach Quinn would love to coach Greenway again,. wants more "North-South" players
it would be cool to bring Brooklyn boy Nesterenko home

i am not so good at assembling proposal packages,
(somehow i am better at explaining why proposed packages won't work ...)

not sure what might be fair for 1, 2 or all those guys ...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

5/5
FORWARD 1
FORWARD 2
FORWARD 3
%
LAFRENIRECHYTILKAKKO10.3
HOWDENROONEYKRAVTSOV9.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PP
PLAYER 1
PLAYER 2
PLAYER 3
PLAYER 4
PLAYER 5
%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
That isn't what the poster was saying. Strome put up a point per game during Panarin's absence and is making plays this season without Panarin doing most of the work. The poster wasn't saying Strome doesn't play with Panarin.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Agree to agree, in part, and disagree in part.
Peace out to you as well.

After one of my long comments with many digits, I received the following comment in response:
"I want to lock you and bernmeister in a room together just to see what happens".
It happened. I was able to survive. I am lucky! :thumbu::):laugh:

Reactions: bernmeister

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
That isn't what the poster was saying. Strome put up a point per game during Panarin's absence and is making plays this season without Panarin doing most of the work. The poster wasn't saying Strome doesn't play with Panarin.
Yes I know he has put point on his own but still has been Panarin's Centerman for most of the year. Strome usually tend to rely on a good winger to put up good/decent numbers but this year he's having a career year

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Coach Quinn would love to coach Greenway again,. wants more "North-South" players

Because wild aren't trading their top prospects, or any prospects

To think will would trade marat Khusnutdinov who the essentially moved Luke kunin to select in this past 20 draft is comical & delusional

Nesteerenko isn't available either. Wild aren't trading another one of their prospects much less another young top c prospect

Rangwrs aren't going to get a young good player like greenway for strome, not happening

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Because wild aren't trading their top prospects, or any prospects

To think will would trade marat Khusnutdinov who the essentially moved Luke kunin to select in this past 20 draft is comical & delusional

Nesteerenko isn't available either. Wild aren't trading another one of their prospects much less another young top c prospect

Rangwrs aren't going to get a young good player like greenway for strome, not happening
Where are you getting any of this?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
One main theme here is something around one of 2021 1sts and a 2021 3rd for Strome.

How about this?
2021 2nd + 2022 1st for Strome

Wild get immediate help who likely is good for another 4 yrs min currently performing as a top 10 C.
He will be cheap next year and maybe following season due to covid/flat cap straightening 0ut, but, after that, might be pricier.

Rangers get cap relief, + a 2nd this yr and a better pick in a better draft.
Thoughts?

Yeah I'm a pretty big hell no to this one. I'd settle for the later 1st + earlier 3rd if we decide to go after Strome as opposed to others.

But I also don't know where the belief that we wouldn't be interested in Danault comes from, I definitely see the Wild being interested to a degree.

I'm also not sure what is up with dude claiming we're definitely not making a trade and we're definitely not acquiring a center in free agency, annoying as f***.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah I'm a pretty big hell no to this one. I'd settle for the later 1st + earlier 3rd if we decide to go after Strome as opposed to others.

But I also don't know where the belief that we wouldn't be interested in Danault comes from, I definitely see the Wild being interested to a degree.

I'm also not sure what is up with dude claiming we're definitely not making a trade and we're definitely not acquiring a center in free agency, annoying as f***.

Danault -- most clubs should be interested.
Just saying it is notorious that he wants huge $$ AND very long term.
Do you want to give that to him? BOTH?

rest of yr post
thanks for productive response, identifying you prefer original 1st and 3rd 2021 to an alternative pushing that 1st back into 2022.

Would like to pls get continued head count/feedback esp from Wild fans

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

You have a good eye. Nesterenko is an under the radar prospect who has pleasantly surprised Wild fans, both in college and at their prospects camp. All ED exempt players will have a higher than usual value until after the ED.

In general, I don't see a Stome to MN deal happening before the ED. NYR don't want what MN has to offer(Dumba), making trading for Strome a non starter. Afterwards...we'll see. I wouldn't want to be the GM trying to negotiate a long term deal with him that will start when he is 29 yo., after he has had his two best seasons ever, by a long shot.

The beauty of Danault is that he won't cost a single asset to acquire. He also has a much more consistent career than Strome, and is not coming off a career year, which should keep his price down. He might also be attracted to centering Kaprizov and Zuccarello, rather than fighting for TOI with Suzuki et al.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You have a good eye. Nesterenko is an under the radar prospect who has pleasantly surprised Wild fans, both in college and at their prospects camp. All ED exempt players will have a higher than usual value until after the ED.

In general, I don't see a Stome to MN deal happening before the ED. NYR don't want what MN has to offer(Dumba), making trading for Strome a non starter. Afterwards...we'll see. I wouldn't want to be the GM trying to negotiate a long term deal with him that will start when he is 29 yo., after he has had his two best seasons ever, by a long shot.

The beauty of Danault is that he won't cost a single asset to acquire. He also has a much more consistent career than Strome, and is not coming off a career year, which should keep his price down. He might also be attracted to centering Kaprizov and Zuccarello, rather than fighting for TOI with Suzuki et al.

informative + constructive
disagree that Danault will want serious pay AND term, expect SEA if no one else to oblige

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Where are you getting any of this?
upload_2021-4-20_12-30-22.png

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
All of our prospects are great. All of our players are perfect. We have no holes.

It's always you who gets mad & defense.

When this has been talked about like a million. You & a few other wild fans getting mad & bashing Guerin over mot getting c's, & crying/ wanting any c doesn't mean anything

Since you want to be dramatic. You know it was just @ deadline where he talked about not moving prospects, adding/ trading top picks because wild aren't ready

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
You know it was just @ deadline where he talked about not moving prospects, adding/ trading top picks because wild aren't ready

I think it had more to do with being handicapped by expansion. Anyone we added would have to be protected and if we added another piece then suddenly we would have to expose Greenway or Dumba possibly.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

When this has been talked about like a million. You & a few other wild fans getting mad & bashing Guerin over mot getting c's, & crying/ wanting any c doesn't mean anything

Since you want to be dramatic. You know it was just @ deadline where he talked about not moving prospects, adding/ trading top picks because wild aren't ready
In reference to deadline rentals, not this offseason and beyond.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I fully understand what he has publicly said. I also think that only idiots have 100% blind belief in what a GM publicly says.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad