Value of: Ryan Strome to Minnesota

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Did I just read that Nikita Nesterenko is untouchable?
We can't just trade away top center prospects, man. Especially center prospects that spent the entire year at BC playing wing next to co-top-center-prospect Jack McBain. Two incredible, untouchable center prospects on the same line. What a treat.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Strome isn’t going to be moved for picks IMO, we’re past that stage - it would be a hockey trade for a Center prospect. One that is good, so if Minny can’t do it no problem, no Strome

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Thank you, I feel good.
This is where we disagree.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Phillip Danault may want a long term contract.

Don’t get what this has to do with the fact that Strome is better than Danault, but ok.

My personal favorites for C-UFA 2022 are Ryan Getzlaf, David Krejci, Paul Stastny, Mikael Granlund.

Granlund isn’t a center, as many in this thread have pointed out.

I think they are comparable to Strome. Imagine them with Panarin (Their performance could increase dramatically).

So your argument is to assume they’ll have chemistry? No thanks. I saw what happened with Marian Gaborik and Rick Nash with Brad Richards. Both of them ended up playing with Derek Stepan instead.

I will repeat what I wrote in the previous comment.
"1st rounder +? For Strome. I don't understand the motives of the other team's GM".
I do not agree with you.

I don’t know what he would return or what fair value for him is. I won’t comment on that. However, he’s either staying here long term or will probably be dealt in a deal for Eichel due to cap.

Good luck. :)

Thanks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Strome isn’t going to be moved for picks IMO, we’re past that stage - it would be a hockey trade for a Center prospect. One that is good, so if Minny can’t do it no problem, no Strome

This posture would be a mistake.
Impatience works against one's own self, and NYR is no exception.

We want the best deal possible.
Adamantly demanding a deal can ONLY be had if there is a heavy duty C prospect involved is a closed, not an open mind. And the fact that there are few good C prospects around, let alone available, then pushes this to an absurd level, one of insisting on forcing a square into a circle where sizes do not fit.

Stop and think.
While you are open to some waiting and development, the connotation here is like others have said, they will settle for nothing less than a high end guy who is almost NHL ready.
That construct is rarer still.
Why would a club give up such a prospect entering on an elc for a salaried player who is a bargain at 4.5 but will jump up to at least 5.5 the following year and 6.5 or more the season after that? Esp since we now undertstand hard salary cap reality = cost control including long term measures.

The smart play here IS picks.
That is esp since our last 2 drafts GMJG & co have mostly nailed it.
That is an asset.
Ride that until it stops.

Fair value is some combo of the 2021 1st and 3rd.

If Wild wanna do only a 2nd this year and send that 1st into 2022, a sttronger draft yr [which so far Min fans did not embrace], that should also be considered.

The only other ? is if there is a better offer from another club.

We have a good shot at Drury, IMO, w/a + for Buch. Something like dat.
There's your C prospect.
Drury is still a yr or 2 away, so he does not fit the above construct and might be made available for sufficiently substantial help, which Buch is.

Chytil will continue to emerge.

And Krav will be able to pivot a line w/Kakko + Panarin.

Gordon Gekko is wrong.
bern is right.
greed is not good.
live and learn.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Don’t get what this has to do with the fact that Strome is better than Danault, but ok.

Granlund isn’t a center, as many in this thread have pointed out.

So your argument is to assume they’ll have chemistry? No thanks. I saw what happened with Marian Gaborik and Rick Nash with Brad Richards. Both of them ended up playing with Derek Stepan instead.

I don’t know what he would return or what fair value for him is. I won’t comment on that. However, he’s either staying here long term or will probably be dealt in a deal for Eichel due to cap.

Thanks.

The tone of our comments reminds me of the morning after the wedding. :laugh:

The newlyweds have been sleeping for a long time, most of the guests have gone home.
Half of the dishes were broken, there were fights too, the police came.
The last bottle of booze remained.
The remaining guests sleep on tables and on the floor.

Only the two of us are still holding on. The last unfinished bottle is on the table.
We talked about politics, economics, Jessica Alba.
Who will take the Stanley Cup, exchanges and NHL drafts have been discussed.

Reasonable arguments are over. :help:

You propose a toast to Ryan Strome.
I propose a toast to Mikael Granlund.
Let's drink to both players.

This will be a good conclusion to the topic. :)

Good luck.

Reactions: effen

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The tone of our comments reminds me of the morning after the wedding. :laugh:

The newlyweds have been sleeping for a long time, most of the guests have gone home.
Half of the dishes were broken, there were fights too, the police came.
The last bottle of booze remained.
The remaining guests sleep on tables and on the floor.

Only the two of us are still holding on. The last unfinished bottle is on the table.
We talked about politics, economics, Jessica Alba.
Who will take the Stanley Cup, exchanges and NHL drafts have been discussed.

Reasonable arguments are over. :help:

You propose a toast to Ryan Strome.
I propose a toast to Mikael Granlund.
Let's drink to both players.

This will be a good conclusion to the topic. :)

Good luck.

Incoherent and irrelevant rambling does nothing to take away from the fact that Granlund isn’t a center and the others sans RNH are all 35-36 and in decline.

Granlund is not a Center

Maybe that will help, but I’m sure you’ll go back to fantasizing about me being married to you or something and coke for pepsi or whatever other bernmeister-esque analogies you can come up with. Burner accounts are fun.

Edit: just realized this looks like I’m saying this to @57special but I’m not, had to clear that up.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Incoherent and irrelevant rambling does nothing to take away from the fact that Granlund isn’t a center and the others sans RNH are all 35-36 and in decline.

Maybe that will help, but I’m sure you’ll go back to fantasizing about me being married to you or something and coke for pepsi or whatever other bernmeister-esque analogies you can come up with. Burner accounts are fun.

Edit: just realized this looks like I’m saying this to @57special but I’m not, had to clear that up.

Your last comment is striking in depth of thought, adequacy and sense of humor. :sarcasm:

On this topic:
I wrote everything in the previous comments. :thumbu:
NHL statistics sites can help you further. :thumbu:

I wish you good luck, strengthening the nervous system, adequate perception and sense of humor.
All of this can come in handy. :)

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

He was for three seasons in Minnesota and was tried out there again for a decent portion of time in the last season he played here. He’s definitely got the experience to be tried there again as a low-risk reacclimation project, especially if he can be acquired cheap. If it doesn’t work, he had 3 seasons in Minnesota of being a 65-70 point wing. Something about Nashville’s system just doesn’t work for a lot of guys that’s have had prior offensive success.

IMO, any offensive-oriented team that signs him to a contract at $3.5-$4M is going to be getting a steal.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
He was for three seasons in Minnesota and was tried out there again for a decent portion of time in the last season he played here. He’s definitely got the experience to be tried there again as a low-risk reacclimation project, especially if he can be acquired cheap. If it doesn’t work, he had 3 seasons in Minnesota of being a 65-70 point wing. Something about Nashville’s system just doesn’t work for a lot of guys that’s have had prior offensive success.

IMO, any offensive-oriented team that signs him to a contract at $3.5-$4M is going to be getting a steal.

granlund was terrible at center... thats the entire reason he was moved to wing.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Your last comment is striking in depth of thought, adequacy and sense of humor. :sarcasm:

On this topic:
NHL statistics sites can help you further. :thumbu:

I wish you good luck, strengthening the nervous system, adequate perception and sense of humor.
All of this can come in handy. :)

More incoherent and non-sensible rambling to a tangent to distract from the actual hockey discussion. Wonderful. Save the the faux concern for my nervous system, it’s fine as well as my perception and sense of humor. You’re just not funny and your vernacular doesn’t take away and won’t distract anyone from the fact that you’re horribly wrong on this.

B637203F-D5D1-4292-A077-5F9CDC1C17AD.gif

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

We both know and others have said he’s much better at wing. His best seasons came at wing. While he can “play” the position, you’re getting far better production out of him as a winger and the eye test and advanced statistics back this up.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
More incoherent and non-sensible rambling to a tangent to distract from the actual hockey discussion. Wonderful. Save the the faux concern for my nervous system, it’s fine as well as my perception and sense of humor. You’re just not funny and your vernacular doesn’t take away and won’t distract anyone from the fact that you’re horribly wrong on this.

View attachment 424958

My opponent never ceases to please me. A new summit of logic and common sense has been taken.

You wrote: “More incoherent and non-sensible rambling to a tangent to distract from the actual hockey discussion”. :help:
“…….actual hockey discussion”. Ha, ha, ha. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
This has not been in our discussion for a long time.

I wrote: “Reasonable arguments are over“……“This will be a good conclusion to the topic“.

You wrote: “You’re just not funny”. :skeptic:
Assessment of my sense of humor! From the recognized authority of the world of jokes and puns. It is excellent!

I wrote:
“On this topic:
NHL statistics sites can help you further”. :thumbu:

You made a new argument. Video! I can't believe my eyes.
This settles the matter. :sarcasm:
Good luck. :popcorn:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
My opponent never ceases to please me. A new summit of logic and common sense has been taken.

You wrote: “More incoherent and non-sensible rambling to a tangent to distract from the actual hockey discussion”. :help:
“…….actual hockey discussion”. Ha, ha, ha. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
This has not been in our discussion for a long time.

For once, you’re right about something. With that said, it’s because you’re too busy attempting to string together poorly placed and tacky cliches in an attempt to sound smart instead of talking about hockey.

No one gives a shit about your vernacular or your cliches on here.

I wrote: “Reasonable arguments are over“……“This will be a good conclusion to the topic“.

You wrote: “You’re just not funny”. :skeptic:
Assessment of my sense of humor! From the recognized authority of the world of jokes and puns. It is excellent!

If you think that me talking about your sense of humor was in response to that in any such sort of way, I’ve given you too much credit and the smokescreen in which you present yourself has been completely exposed.

I wrote:
“On this topic:
NHL statistics sites can help you further”. :thumbu:

You made a new argument. Video! I can't believe my eyes.
This settles the matter. :sarcasm:
Good luck. :popcorn:

Uh yeah, because Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years (others have said this as well) and statistics and player profiles tell you that everyone that you named sans RNH is 35-36 years old and is in decline.

That’s not a matter of opinion. Those are facts. You know, the ones you get by looking at the same statistics you continue to cite but ignore for some reason? I don’t get how that works, but whatever. You then proceeded to embarrass yourself with all of this extraneous crap that has nothing to do with hockey and then try to blame me for it when I’ve done nothing but call you out for that and have also pointed out the fact that you are objectively wrong several times.

Just stop. You’re digging your own grave with each post.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
We both know and others have said he’s much better at wing. His best seasons came at wing. While he can “play” the position, you’re getting far better production out of him as a winger and the eye test and advanced statistics back this up.

Yes, he’s played better on the wing, but that’s also where he played when his game was more matured and with better linemates. For a team like the Wild that need an affordable center that can play on the #1PP, I don’t think he’s a terrible option to try. Especially when you can put him between skilled wingers like Zuccarello and Kaprizov. If it doesn’t work, you shift him back to wing and let him take FOs on the PP. Just my perspective on a weak center FA class.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
For once, you’re right about something. With that said, it’s because you’re too busy attempting to string together poorly placed and tacky cliches in an attempt to sound smart instead of talking about hockey.

If you think that me talking about your sense of humor was in response to that in any such sort of way, I’ve given you too much credit and the smokescreen in which you present yourself has been completely exposed.

Uh yeah, because Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years (others have said this as well) and statistics and player profiles tell you that everyone that you named sans RNH is 35-36 years old and is in decline.

That’s not a matter of opinion. Those are facts. You know, the ones you get by looking at the same statistics you continue to cite but ignore for some reason? I don’t get how that works, but whatever. You then proceeded to embarrass yourself with all of this extraneous crap that has nothing to do with hockey and then try to blame me for it when I’ve done nothing but call you out for that and have also pointed out the fact that you are objectively wrong several times.

I got a new informative response from my opponent. :sarcasm:

“For once, you’re right about something. With that said, it’s because you’re too busy attempting to string together poorly placed and tacky cliches in an attempt to sound smart instead of talking about hockey“.

I liked the objectivity of the investigation. The culprit has been identified. The verdict was pronounced.
Dear judge, there is another version. Perhaps the other person cannot understand the arguments even from the third time?

“No one gives a shit about your vernacular or your cliches on here“.

Again, an unambiguous verdict. The phrase perfectly shows your high level of development.
Have you got the right to speak for everyone? I missed this on the news.

The next paragraph is not worth mentioning. The logic is amazing.

The next two paragraphs are related to hockey. I'll discuss them in the next hockey commentary.

“You then proceeded to embarrass yourself with all of this extraneous crap that has nothing to do with hockey and then try to blame me for it when I’ve done nothing but call you out for that and have also pointed out the fact that you are objectively wrong several times.
o_O
A great example of trying to absolve yourself of responsibility.
In comment # 104 you wrote: “Granlund isn’t a center, as many in this thread have pointed out”.
In commentary # 106, I jokingly suggested ending the discussion. I thought our conversation was over.
Your comment number 107 is the dream of any psychologist.
In my comment # 108, I once again hinted at the end of the hockey discussion.
“On this topic:
I wrote everything in the previous comments.
NHL statistics sites can help you further.”

You still, stubbornly did not understand this.

In my commentary # 118, I repeated this phrase again.
You again did not understand anything. By issuing fresh commentary # 119.

Your final phrase has surpassed everything you wrote before. :laugh:
Helps to understand the ambiguity of the degree of human evolution.
I will reread it with pleasure. I am grateful to you.
“Just stop. You’re digging your own grave with each post“. :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
First the order. The next phrase reminded me of Hollywood movies.
Horror or thriller genre. You forgot to add, "I will rip out your heart and eat it."
You could end the comment with “I'll be back“

Most of all, the phrase “Just stop. You’re digging your own grave with each post“ fits the genre of comedy.

I am looking forward to the continuation with interest.
I am happy to answer your next comment. :)

I will gladly continue our non-hockey discussion.
Another my comment will be on the hockey topic. This is my answer to your hockey questions.
Which comment will you answer? You decide. :popcorn:

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021

You wrote in commentary # 119:
"Uh yeah, because Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years (others have said this as well) and statistics and player profiles tell you that everyone that you named sans RNH is 35-36 years old and is in decline".
You wrote - "Uh yeah, because Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years (others have said this as well) "
You wrote in commentary # 117:
"We both know and others have said he’s much better at wing. His best seasons came at wing. While he can “play” the position, you’re getting far better production out of him as a winger and the eye test and advanced statistics back this up".

You need to argue with yourself.

You wrote in comment # 107:
"Incoherent and irrelevant rambling does nothing to take away from the fact that Granlund isn’t a center and the others sans RNH are all 35-36 and in decline."
You wrote in commentary # 104:
"Granlund isn't a center, as many in this thread have pointed out".

These are different statements.
One - "Granlund isn't a center"
Other - "Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years"

If you just wrote "Uh yeah, because Granlund has been on the wing for the majority of the last few years (others have said this as well)", instead of claiming that "Granlund isn't a center" everything would be differently.

You wrote - "That's not a matter of opinion. Those are facts. You know, the ones you get by looking at the same statistics you continue to cite but ignore for some reason? I don't get how that works, but whatever".
The statistics sites make it possible to find out that Granlund played C and W. Therefore, the expression "Granlund isn't a center" is erroneous.

You wrote - "and statistics and player profiles tell you that everyone that you named sans RNH is 35-36 years old and is in decline".
Check out what I wrote earlier. Did I argue about the ages of Ryan Getzlaf, David Krejci, Paul Stastny?
Did I write that they will reach McDevid?
I offered these players as alternatives to Strome. Age is their dignity.
I wrote - "With UFA hockey players: Ryan Getzlaf, David Krejci, Paul Stastny, Mikael Granlund, you can sign contracts for one to two years".
David Krejci, Paul Stastny, Mikael Granlund - 1/2 years at a reasonable price. :thumbu:

These hockey players can play well in the right club. This is a possible future.
It is pointless to argue about this now. If you are not Nostradamus?
I am unfortunately not.

Good luck. :)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I got a new informative response from my opponent. :sarcasm:

“For once, you’re right about something. With that said, it’s because you’re too busy attempting to string together poorly placed and tacky cliches in an attempt to sound smart instead of talking about hockey“.

I liked the objectivity of the investigation. The culprit has been identified. The verdict was pronounced.
Dear judge, there is another version. Perhaps the other person cannot understand the arguments even from the third time?

No, I understand what the argument was and what the garbage afterward has become. Talking in circles with cliches isn't disguising the fact that you're wrong, have been wrong and always will be wrong in your stance.

Like I told you before, maybe you should have done your homework and you wouldn't have to embarrass yourself like this.

“No one gives a shit about your vernacular or your cliches on here“.
Again, an unambiguous verdict. The phrase perfectly shows your high level of development.
Have you got the right to speak for everyone? I missed this on the news.

The lack of support speaks volumes.

The next paragraph is not worth mentioning. The logic is amazing.

Talk about irony.

The next two paragraphs are related to hockey. I'll discuss them in the next hockey commentary.

“You then proceeded to embarrass yourself with all of this extraneous crap that has nothing to do with hockey and then try to blame me for it when I’ve done nothing but call you out for that and have also pointed out the fact that you are objectively wrong several times.
o_O
A great example of trying to absolve yourself of responsibility.
In comment # 104 you wrote: “Granlund isn’t a center, as many in this thread have pointed out”.
In commentary # 106, I jokingly suggested ending the discussion. I thought our conversation was over.
Your comment number 107 is the dream of any psychologist.
In my comment # 108, I once again hinted at the end of the hockey discussion.

Ending a discussion and rambling on as you have trying to get potshots shrouded in unnecessarily tacky vernacular in because of your inability to swallow your pride and control your anger is not my problem.

Stop acting like a victim, you're not. Also, stop trying to be an intellectual. It's not working.

“On this topic:
I wrote everything in the previous comments.
NHL statistics sites can help you further.”
You still, stubbornly did not understand this.

In my commentary # 118, I repeated this phrase again.
You again did not understand anything. By issuing fresh commentary # 119.

Your inability to understand how statistics work is evidenced by your ignorance of the same statistics you continue to point to that actually discredit your argument.

Your final phrase has surpassed everything you wrote before. :laugh:
Helps to understand the ambiguity of the degree of human evolution.
I will reread it with pleasure. I am grateful to you.
“Just stop. You’re digging your own grave with each post“. :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
First the order. The next phrase reminded me of Hollywood movies.
Horror or thriller genre. You forgot to add, "I will rip out your heart and eat it."
You could end the comment with “I'll be back“

Speaking of movie references, I feel like the kid in Wedding Crashers right now "Make me a bicycle, clown!"

It's too easy.

Most of all, the phrase “Just stop. You’re digging your own grave with ech post“ fits the genre of comedy.

I thought the above was ironic, holy shit, you've managed to outdo yourself.

I am looking forward to the continuation with interest.
I am happy to answer your next comment. :)

I will gladly continue our non-hockey discussion.
Another my comment will be on the hockey topic. This is my answer to your hockey questions.
Which comment will you answer? You decide. :popcorn:

I've grown bored with you though. The same generic responses with nothing to show otherwise. Your 2nd response shows that your on-tilt, to say the least. Maybe one day, you'll understand.

Larry Singet

Aug 14, 2020
He's basically a PPG player right now, will be 28 this July. Signed for one more year. Rangers won't be able to resign him for sure, or they will have Zib to let go, which won't happen.

Yeah, people say, he's a Panarin's passenger. No problems, he'll be a Kaprizov's passenger on the Wild. Honestly, a PPG passenger isn't the worst thing that can happen to a team.
Minnesota- Strome
LAK- Dumba Rask
NYR- Villardi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad