Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
From
Ryan Nugent Hopkins: The Silent Beast
To
Ryan Nugent Hopkins: The Silent

Hope he proves us wrong and gets hot soon. He's been pretty awful by his standards.

Reactions: SwedishFire

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Stan Fischler has had some of the worst takes in hockey for the last 30 years, he has been wrong much more than right.
Fischler is a headline whore. He’ll just spit out a ridiculous over-the-top take so he gets a headline and doesn’t give a damn that he’ll have to walk it back or be reminded of it later.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nuge extra silent these days. 1 assist at ES. Bjugstad's backhand floater from the boards on a rush that went in to make the game 6-2.

Think Seattle would do a Nuge/Eberle swap for fun? Eberle is driving play for his line all night 5v5 for Seattle. Nuge seems to just be hiding until it's PP time.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I dont notice him at all -
Even on the power play
That's the only time I noticed him. He took a Eberle dust off wrist shot that got blocked and he had some giveaways on the PP

Never noticed him otherwise. Funny thing is, he is not even the most shy when it comes to being physical to separate guys from pucks and win board battles. Ryan Mcleod takes that one. I like him, but he has to be the softest player on this team.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
Something was off last night. A couple of times he’d skate into the offensive zone with the puck and then just stop and watch as the opponent took it away. Not even trying.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Something was off last night. A couple of times he’d skate into the offensive zone with the puck and then just stop and watch as the opponent took it away. Not even trying.
He's not trying to hold the puck at all to make plays or looking for his shot. Pretty sure that he's hurt but then I'm thinking so are McDavid, Hyman and Kane. Bad time to have so many guys not close to 100% seemingly.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He's not trying to hold the puck at all to make plays or looking for his shot. Pretty sure that he's hurt but then I'm thinking so are McDavid, Hyman and Kane. Bad time to have so many guys not close to 100% seemingly.
Yep looks like he has zero desire to go into the dirty areas or put in any effort to get the puck. Only 1 point not on the PP. Not acceptable production.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Our team has a lot of players simply not meant for playoff hockey. He is the shining example but there are many others.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He was fine early in the LA series, ripped one off the post and got robbed a couple of times by Korpisalo, fell off more in 5 and 6 and was invisible last night. They need to put him and 97 back together.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
That's the only time I noticed him. He took a Eberle dust off wrist shot that got blocked and he had some giveaways on the PP

Never noticed him otherwise. Funny thing is, he is not even the most shy when it comes to being physical to separate guys from pucks and win board battles. Ryan Mcleod takes that one. I like him, but he has to be the softest player on this team.

I would put McLeod, who has playing senses, with two fiesty guys like Kostin and Kane. Kane McLeod Kostin would look interresting. McLeod can dish.

Leon McDavid Bjugstad
Hyman Nuge Lavoie
Kane McLeod Kostin
And a 4th line of Fogele Ryan Yamamoto could be something.

Try out Lavoie! Pls!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad