Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh: Jaw contusion and neck spasm, but NO 2nd concussion

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
You KNOW the ref is going to talk to both coaches before the game and lay down the law - they're most likely going to call everything just to keep the game in hand.

Call everything against the Rangers you mean.

That was the most one-sides officiating I have seen in any of our games this season.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Don't understand why people keep thinking it was an elbow.

CajnpTdUMAAub5q.png

I hate that ****ing POS Simmonds.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I'm amazed Mcd has a concussion. Watching the game, the Flyers announcers called it acting, and were sure McD was faking an injury.....

Seriously.....

NBC Sports should fire Keith Jones. I understand homer announcers, and the NHL Network picked up the Flyers Feed BUT to have a color announcer bash and mock an injured player.....It's ********.....

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah, I'm not usually about targeting guys and getting revenge but this was a cheap shot punch in the face that resulted in a concussion.

I'm targeting Simmonds and taking a major if its given.

I'm PISSED McDonagh is hurt.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm amazed Mcd has a concussion. Watching the game, the Flyers announcers called it acting, and were sure McD was faking an injury.....

Seriously.....

NBC Sports should fire Keith Jones. I understand homer announcers, and the NHL Network picked up the Flyers Feed BUT to have a color announcer bash and mock an injured player.....It's ********.....

Seriously, he should publicly apologize.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
If McI or Glass can't matchup with Simmond's I'd be curious to see if Kreider's boxing lessons were worth anything.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Seriously, he should publicly apologize.

He should apologize. Even if he disagrees with what lead up to the altercation. Even if he believes that Simmons didn't do anything that bad. The fact is he was calling McD acting, believed McD went to the dressing room to make the situation look bad, he mocked McD for 5 minutes straight. The guy wasn't acting but has a legit concussion.

It's classless. It's not like its some Flyer fan doing it, but for someone that played in the league to show that lack of respect for another player.....I just can't believe it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If McI or Glass can't matchup with Simmond's I'd be curious to see if Kreider's boxing lessons were worth anything.

I think we can ask Zak Smith, though he is kind of a human punching bag (I dislike him and seriously felt bad when K Miller manhandled him) so he might not be the best authority on that.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Don't understand why people keep thinking it was an elbow.

CajnpTdUMAAub5q.png

Klein's glove. I thought it was an elbow at first too. Klein's arm is under Simmonds', and it looked on my small screen like Klein's left hand was Simmonds' left hand (which, if it were, made it look like Simmonds was connecting with his elbow).

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Did you miss his fight in Ottawa??
Kreider doesn't need to fight Simmonds but he should give a beating to Raffl, Voracek or any of their other non-fighters. Miller should be running wild with hits and punches if need be.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Giroux and Gostibehere need to be the retribution targets. I'd like to see everyone step up not just McIlrath and Glass.

Fine to go after Simmonds but we should target other players--Giroux, Gostisbehere, Voracek, Del Zotto for instance.

Disagree. This was all on Simmonds, and Simmonds also happens to be one of their better players. Take out two birds with one McIlrath. This isn't a situation where it was a guy like Glass doing something like this, and taking him out would be doing the other team a favor. Simmonds did the action; let Simmonds pay the price.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Say we take out Simmonds ? So what, the Devils will probably laugh because they likely get at least an equal player ejected in return.. hence you go after the ones they do not want to lose (i realize that it looks like i've started writing the "revenge recipe" or something.. im not, really, i am speaking in general).

The only way to make others behave when they are acting that way.. is to threaten something they value highly.. and that ain't Simmonds :)

For all my dislike of Avery's antiques (i've never liked the guy, sorry...lol), i certainly respected him as an agitator.. and when he was mic'ed up (or maybe the mic was on someone else) a few years ago, the mic caught some of the yapping, and Avery said "if you do that, i'll kill Giroux" (or something very similar).

He certainly knew what was important to the Flyers :)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If McIlrath isn't playing on the 14th, there should be pickets for firing the entire front office.

Every single poster on the main board that said McDonagh was faking should make a thread apologizing. Sickening that someone like Keith Jones on national TV villified McDonagh for acting.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Did you miss his fight in Ottawa??
Kreider doesn't need to fight Simmonds but he should give a beating to Raffl, Voracek or any of their other non-fighters. Miller should be running wild with hits and punches if need be.

Again disagree. If the Rangers try to take out the entire Flyers team, they aren't just going to whistle and wonder when it will be their turn to get popped. Make a statement by letting Simmonds know there's a price to pay for that crap. If you turn it into a free for all two things will surely happen:

A- We will lose the game because the team is more focused on payback than points (both are important, but you need to find the right moment for the former).

B- We might very well lose another player to injury (Hank, Zucc, Yandle--these are ALL prototypical "Flyer targets").

It happened. It's not acceptable. Let them know it by making an early statement (ie: McI vs. Simmonds) and win the game. If it turns into a clown show, the Rangers have a lot more to lose than they have to gain.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
This won't be a popular opinion but I mean WTH a gloved punch and he has a concussion ?

And sure Simmonds is an as*hole but holy hell a gloved punch and hes gone ? I'm starting to think McD is injury prone.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Mcilrath matches up with anyone in the league.
I think he means matchups on the ice not fighting ability. The point is moot because the Rangers have last change at home. They can have both on ice vs. Simmonds. McIlrath is the far superior fighter. Glass has handled Simmonds as well. There was a brawl when Glass was a Penguin that looked like he stunned Simmonds. He stopped fighting and went with his usual **** talk. Glass sucks but does not suck with the fists.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If I were the NYR GM I would sign the three biggest goons in the AHL today (a defenseman and two fwds) to a one day NHL contract at league minimum. Waive Paille and put these three monsters on the ice together with Glass and McIllraith for the opening faceoff. Let all hell break loose at MSG. We have then both cap and roster space to do this. Teach those filthy Flyers a lesson that they will not forget in 20 years and give echos in the league for a long time. Broad Street Bullies my ass. They dropped the ball here. Clean it up with old time hockey. This would be a statement and a turning point. And yes - I am ****ing dead serious.

Toughest guy the Rangers have in Hartford is Nick Tarnasky. Then there's Samuel Noreau who is playing in Norfolk--not Greenville. Other than that the Rangers don't have anything.

For me an agitating ******* like Sean Avery would be most welcome right now--not just for this Flyers game but just in general. If Steve Downie didn't play such a stupid kind of game--always losing his cool and taking dumbass penalties he'd be an example. Zac Rinaldo--something of the same problem just not as bad.

When Carcillo kicked the crap out of Gaborik (Flyers-Rangers history again) it led to the Rangers picking up Prust and Shelley. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Rangers add some muscle before the trade deadline--maybe even before next Sunday.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Toughest guy the Rangers have in Hartford is Nick Tarnasky. Then there's Samuel Noreau who is playing in Norfolk--not Greenville. Other than that the Rangers don't have anything.

For me an agitating ******* like Sean Avery would be most welcome right now--not just for this Flyers game but just in general. If Steve Downie didn't play such a stupid kind of game--always losing his cool and taking dumbass penalties he'd be an example. Zac Rinaldo--something of the same problem just not as bad.

When Carcillo kicked the crap out of Gaborik (Flyers-Rangers history again) it led to the Rangers picking up Prust and Shelley. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Rangers add some muscle before the trade deadline--maybe even before next Sunday.

Isn't that what Glass is supposedly here for?

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Again disagree. If the Rangers try to take out the entire Flyers team, they aren't just going to whistle and wonder when it will be their turn to get popped. Make a statement by letting Simmonds know there's a price to pay for that crap. If you turn it into a free for all two things will surely happen:

A- We will lose the game because the team is more focused on payback than points (both are important, but you need to find the right moment for the former).

B- We might very well lose another player to injury (Hank, Zucc, Yandle--these are ALL prototypical "Flyer targets").

It happened. It's not acceptable. Let them know it by making an early statement (ie: McI vs. Simmonds) and win the game. If it turns into a clown show, the Rangers have a lot more to lose than they have to gain.
I don't agree at all. A McI-Simmonds fight may not settle things at all. Simmonds will hug and not take a real beating. He'll continue to run around. Targeting their more talented players sets the real retribution and is the only true deterrent. One player can't do that alone and it doesn't necessarily need to be dirty. Hard punishing hits can work real well.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
How does he have a concussion from that? I don't get it....obviously not faking if he's sitting out tonight but how? and aside from not being suspended for the sucker punch....how the hell does simmonds avoid suspension from breaking his stick and throwing it across the ice....so many things don't make sense with this one.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad