Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh: Jaw contusion and neck spasm, but NO 2nd concussion

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Shocked they ruled on the elbow so quickly...Snider must have wanted Smmonds in the game for Sunday . Retribution should be Undertaker on Simmonds .....once we get the game in hand....2 points are a must....and then Glass takes the wrist off of Giroux with a subtle slash only once we are in control of the score...if not...book it for a future date .

Don't understand why people keep thinking it was an elbow.

CajnpTdUMAAub5q.png

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Teach the NHL a lesson. You don't wanna discipline Simmonds for taking out our Captain, the team (McIlrath) will take care of it. The way things used to get done.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The league let.us down ultimately. How were the able to dismiss another player getting cold clocked in the face, helped off the ice to.not return?

Simmonds didn't have to like the high cross check, but he was laying a late hit on Mcd. He went too far.

This is busch league sport.

Rangers will respond by doing. ...nothing

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Problem with this is that Simmonds would probably kick Glass' ass.

I'm torn between going after Simmonds or "evening the score" and going after Giroux. The realistic outcome will probably be Simmonds going after some one else and guys like Stepan throwing their hands up in the air and looking at the ref and no one retaliates

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Vigilante Justice on Sunday, the NHL isn't disciplining him, Simmonds has always toed that line, remember that two handed on McDonagh last year, McIlrath or Glass, time to make him pay, he deserves what's coming next.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
dirty sucker punch injuring our best player. why should we be up in arms about such a thing :sarcasm:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hopefully Trucker will be back soon. He has taken many hits over the last few years. Ference. I think Lucic hit him. Or was it Marchand. OV is always going after him.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Maybe we can trade for All Star MVP John Scott......again:sarcasm:

Haha...I was of the same thoughts....Glass for Scott. Then send Scott after Gostibehere....Rangers should key on him next game....every shift...a whack /slash/whatever it takes . Where has being a pacified team got us in 45 years ??? I'm tired of this crap .

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
^ none of these guys ever sucker punched him in the head...

I do remember AO boarding him head first in the POs a fee years back...

No call.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Giroux and Gostibehere need to be the retribution targets. I'd like to see everyone step up not just McIlrath and Glass.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fine to go after Simmonds but we should target other players--Giroux, Gostisbehere, Voracek, Del Zotto for instance.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Can there be any doubt that is Klein did not have a broken thumb he would have gone after Simmonds? Klein has always shown his willingness to fight if necessary. Expecting him to fight with a broken finger is just not realistic.

If only we had another healthy d-man who could have been playing instead. Maybe one who had a healthy thumb and wouldn't fudge passes trying to play through injury. Or maybe one who was a physical force and would have been able to actually distribute some retribution, maybe though a huge hit like he's wrecked players with in the past.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
If I were the NYR GM I would sign the three biggest goons in the AHL today (a defenseman and two fwds) to a one day NHL contract at league minimum. Waive Paille and put these three monsters on the ice together with Glass and McIllraith for the opening faceoff. Let all hell break loose at MSG. We have then both cap and roster space to do this. Teach those filthy Flyers a lesson that they will not forget in 20 years and give echos in the league for a long time. Broad Street Bullies my ass. They dropped the ball here. Clean it up with old time hockey. This would be a statement and a turning point. And yes - I am ****ing dead serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad