RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I never claimed there's a conspiracy.

I'm perfectly fine with Finland missing players at the WJC. Miro Heiskanen won't be there and that's only right because he belongs in the NHL. But if Kotkaniemi is sitting in the press box at Canadiens games during the WJC, I'll have my doubts about their motivations of putting him there no matter how condescending you get with your "as a European you just don't get it, do you" rhetoric.
You can spin whatever fantasy you want in your head, I have no control over that.

I'll tell you this, Bergevin and his cronies are on the hot seat in Montreal, if they think a Finnish centre can handle the responsibilities he is being tasked to and they continue to win games kiss Kotkas ass goodbye................................and you should be happy about that.

You continue to fail to see the big picture.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I never claimed there's a conspiracy.

I'm perfectly fine with Finland missing players at the WJC. Miro Heiskanen won't be there and that's only right because he belongs in the NHL. But if Kotkaniemi is sitting in the press box at Canadiens games during the WJC, I'll have my doubts about their motivations of putting him there no matter how condescending you get with your "as a European you just don't get it, do you" rhetoric.
Well at least you get my rhetoric anyway,club teams do what they want, you either accept it or you don't.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
His point production will drop because he got taken off first PP. His PP unit usually gets to play around 20-30 seconds. Gotta make up for it 5v5.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
One thing that's starting to frustrate me a bit is his tendency to hold on to the puck too long. He misses quite a lot of shot opportunities and passing opportunities. Case in point tonight when he was able to stickhandle his way to the front of the net but basically just kept carrying the puck instead of taking the shot, and eventually got knocked off the puck.

Fantastic stickhandler for sure, but needs to start making better decisions with the puck.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
One thing that's starting to frustrate me a bit is his tendency to hold on to the puck too long. He misses quite a lot of shot opportunities and passing opportunities. Case in point tonight when he was able to stickhandle his way to the front of the net but basically just kept carrying the puck instead of taking the shot, and eventually got knocked off the puck.

Fantastic stickhandler for sure, but needs to start making better decisions with the puck.
Something I noticed too. He showed great decision making last year, though, so I think this might be just a side effect of increased confidence. I'm pretty sure he will figure it out.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
He was dominating with the puck again and at times even his team mates could not keep up with him. A grade A pass to the middle through an open lane and it looked like no one even reacted while the puck bulleted straight through (maybe it wasn't exactly tape to tape but nonetheless). Looked kind of funny to be honest. They clearly dropped him out of the PP1 because one of the three had to go: Filppula, Palve or Kakko, and needless to say but the vets always get the pass so it had to be him. I think the second powerplay unit got like a quarter of the time compared to first unit. Meanwhile Filppula and Palve feasted while Kakko was watching from the bench. Obviously that's going to hurt his production going forward but what can you really do about it. Lets not forget that in an extremely low scoring league like FEL that's not just a "minor" disadvantage.

Anyway he looked good, again. I hope he stays with Palve and develops chemistry. And of course I'd like him in the first PP unit but from team's POV it's better to not have 3 playmaking players in the same powerplay unit. He'll just have to score on the EV instead. Should we look at Laine's draft year he wasn't used in the most productive manner either (despite of getting prime PP time), but instead carried his defensive line mates forward on EV. No matter how good they are, as long as they're playing in one of the top teams (like TPS or Tappara), they're not handed anything on the silver plate.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
More about his character: He was open for a cross-ice pass but Wirtanen freezes. After this Kakko smashes his stick and tries to break it. I've been noticing that nobody passes to him when he's available to shoot the puck. He always has to create his own shooting chance. Must be pretty annoying.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
More about his character: He was open for a cross-ice pass but Wirtanen freezes. After this Kakko smashes his stick and tries to break it. I've been noticing that nobody passes to him when he's available to shoot the puck. He always has to create his own shooting chance. Must be pretty annoying.
So we can expect his goal total to go up when they figure that out. I don't think it's negative, he wants the puck and do things with it which includes scoring.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016

That made PP1 tough to watch for me when Kakko was on it. It almost looked like some players, Palve especially just refused to pass it to Kakko for some reason.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He had a good scoring chance not long ago. I don't know how to explain it in English but he basically only had to put the to the empty net, but he missed. That chance was also created by him.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He had a good scoring chance not long ago. I don't know how to explain it in English but he basically only had to put the to the empty net, but he missed. That chance was also created by him.
I wish he would start scoring from these chances he creates. NOt good.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wish he would start scoring from these chances he creates. NOt good.
At this point in his career, generating chances + being in position for potential chances is far more important than actually scoring(though there's natural correlation between the two).

Reactions: FinPanda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad