RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
There was a reason why I said I'd leave it to that. Well lets make one last exception. Now I would assume that every player who's got ~100 game season behind him would need a long rest afterwards before even thinking about going back to the gym. Lets not forget the NHL playoffs just ended like almost yesterday, nor should we forget that he was injured and had back problems which is hardly his fault. If anything I respect the fact Laine fought through them all year long despite of getting sh** from left to right in the social media. This precious forum of ours wasn't that kind and forgiving either. Don't know if he has begun his training schedule already or not, nor do I know what that has to do with him playing golf. I mean I suppose players need some off days/free time as well between workouts. I certainly do whenever I hit the gym and it's pretty well known fact that going to gym seven days a week doesn't really benefit you, because the body needs rest between the training (the muscles don't really grow in the gym after all).

Anyway, back to the topic. So here we are, less than 12 hours into the draft. Who's planning to stay up and watch this damned thing? o/ (probably drunk as f*)

Cannot wait to see Kakko wrapped into NYR jersey for the very first time!

I will watch. 1st and 2nd OA would both be wins for Kakko and his fans so I'm celebrating anyways. Playing golf is not rest to your body if you don't play hour or less. Playing like tennis as a workout and then give real rest to body would make sence.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Anyway, back to the topic. So here we are, less than 12 hours into the draft. Who's planning to stay up and watch this damned thing? o/ (probably drunk as f*)

Is this a sincere question? :sarcasm:;)
For me it’s not. Of course I’ll be watching! :yo::towel:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Is this a sincere question? :sarcasm:;)
For me it’s not. Of course I’ll be watching! :yo::towel:

Ha, yeah sorta I guess. It's going to begin 3am our time and normally normal people would be sleeping but we're celebrating midsummer festival which is the most notorious drinking time in the country and makes an exception. You're going to be reading tons of non-sense and seeing a lot of typ0s when the event begins. :D

Reactions: 1OApick

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

Kakko speaking english. Basic Finnish rally england, but seriously nothing to worry about and comparing this to Pulju is absurd!

Edit: Not showing, but it is on Winnipeg Jets Facebook page!

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So, does Kakko have an English nickname yet? If not, maybe it should have something to do with bread, since his name means a specific Western Finnish bread made form barley & wheat. Any suggestions? How about Breadboy?

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

Kakko speaking english. Basic Finnish rally england, but seriously nothing to worry about and comparing this to Pulju is absurd!

Yes. His English is totally non-issue as he has already demonstrated also both his ability and willingness to actively learn more by practical use of the language (that, strictly speaking is the only way to learn any language). After a year he will speak it lot more fluently. Comparisons to Pulju in this matter are totally absurd, and I think they are made only for trolling purposes.

That he cannot yet talk about specifics of his celiac and diabetes diseases cannot be used as any kind bludgeon weapon against him as I assume a lot of Finns with much higher level fluency in English couldn't do much better without being familiar with medical terms and linguistic conventions related to these kind context specific issues.

Hopefully local organisations related to those diseases will pro-actively contact and approach him when time is right for that. I think that with Kaapo Kakko, a lot of people will get a much better awareness about those diseases. Potential for community activities and charity related to these things is almost automatically 'offered' to him upon arrival.

After few years he will talk about these things on TV dispelling much of fear and prejudice upon celiac and diabetes. Its likely that his personal, even passive participation will improve knowledge and diagnostics of the diseases in North America (just like it has done in Finland already).

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Ha, yeah sorta I guess. It's going to begin 3am our time and normally normal people would be sleeping but we're celebrating midsummer festival which is the most notorious drinking time in the country and makes an exception. You're going to be reading tons of non-sense and seeing a lot of typ0s when the event begins. :D

Yeah I’m also celebrating midsummer. But everybody’s usually gone to sleep/passed out at the time the draft starts so...:handclap::handclap:

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Maybe for players from the area that grew up as Rangers fans or in a situation like Trouba's where his wife is pursuing a career there, but there's no way Hughes gives a **** about the lore of MSG and playing for an original 6 team. He'll be invited to plenty of parties in Manhattan. Kakko might care right now, but it's probably because he doesn't know any better at the moment.

To say MSG has no allure is silly. Obviously it isn't anything the Rangers have done- or any local sports team...but the building has been one of the biggest stages for bands and athletes for many years. No player wants to be picked because of a building. It is just a weird experience to be playing hockey in midtown 5 floors above the street and well above one of the largest train hubs in North America.

What player is getting dressed in his apt. in Jersey City or Hoboken and want to take the Path into Manhattan?

How many current Devils live in NYC? I have recalled guys in the past, but I don't remember hearing that a part of the young core was in Manhattan.

And many guys on the Rangers, especially those with families, do live in homes in Westchester or southern CT. Players heading to practice from Manhattan are no more than 35 min. away as they are heading opposite direction of traffic. I would also think it is better to shower after a game and walk or train it a couple of stops home instead of having to drive 45 min or an hour at 1045PM. (As someone with kids, the cost of schools for 6 year olds can be$30,000-$45,000/year in Manhattan. The city sucks for families.)

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
So, does Kakko have an English nickname yet? If not, maybe it should have something to do with bread, since his name means a specific Western Finnish bread made form barley & wheat. Any suggestions? How about Breadboy?

"Capo" comes to mind. Fits his name, fits the city.

Reactions: Lepardi

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland

Kaapo Kakko speaking English. My favorite part is at 01:35: "I need more zstrength, I need to go to gym."

"Capo" comes to mind. Fits his name, fits the city.

I guess that's more Italian than English but this nickname has my full support.

After few years he will talk about these things on TV dispelling much of fear and prejudice upon celiac and diabetes. Its likely that his personal, even passive participation will improve knowledge and diagnostics of the diseases in North America (just like it has done in Finland already).

The most important thing about having the celiac disease is sticking to gluten-free beers when you're out drinking. Otherwise you might end up shitting your pants. That happened to my friend on 34th street close to the MSG in New York. It also almost happened in Marseille but luckily he managed to find a cleaning product storage just in time and took a dump on a big plastic bag full of empty cans and bottles. Meanwhile I fetched him some paper from a nearby restaurant.

Last edited:

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
Capo remind me about Nazi Germany death camps where was jewish capos. But dispate that Kapo could ne nice nickname.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Capo remind me about Nazi Germany death camps where was jewish capos. But dispate that Kapo could ne nice nickname.

The first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear the word "capo" is the guy holding the megaphone and leading the chants in a soccer match fan section.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
Yes. His English is totally non-issue as he has already demonstrated also both his ability and willingness to actively learn more by practical use of the language (that, strictly speaking is the only way to learn any language). After a year he will speak it lot more fluently. Comparisons to Pulju in this matter are totally absurd, and I think they are made only for trolling purposes.

That he cannot yet talk about specifics of his celiac and diabetes diseases cannot be used as any kind bludgeon weapon against him as I assume a lot of Finns with much higher level fluency in English couldn't do much better without being familiar with medical terms and linguistic conventions related to these kind context specific issues.

Hopefully local organisations related to those diseases will pro-actively contact and approach him when time is right for that. I think that with Kaapo Kakko, a lot of people will get a much better awareness about those diseases. Potential for community activities and charity related to these things is almost automatically 'offered' to him upon arrival.

He mostly lacks vocabulary. Give him year or two and he will speak it just fine.

Reactions: Ippenator

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

Kaapo Kakko speaking English. My favorite part is at 01:35: "I need more zstrength, I need to go to gym."

I guess that's more Italian than English but this nickname has my full support.

The most important thing about having the celiac disease is sticking to gluten-free beers when you're out drinking. Otherwise you might end up ****ting your pants. That happened to my friend on 34th street close to the MSG in New York. It also almost happened in Marseille but luckily he managed to find a cleaning product storage just in time and took a dump on a big plastic bag full of empty cans and bottles. Meanwhile I fetched him some paper from a nearby restaurant.

Great! Its exactly the right time to remind people about these basic diagnostics of celiac as at least in Finland there are ongoing nation-wide mid summer 'stress-test' for that, as most of people are referring beers/ales of sort when testing.

Now, if someone suddenly find a load in their pants after few bottles/cans of beer and no other sensible explanation occur to their minds why that happened, that could be a symptom of un-diagnosed celiac.

See, Kaapo can help in these things even without taking a part himself. And in the middle of festivities! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad