RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft) Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good theory but Kakko doesn't have a Scandinavian accent. He has a Finno-Ugric accent. Good luck trying to find a Swedish, Danish or Norwegian NHL player whose English isn't way better than Kaapo's and especially Puljujärvi's. When I travel to Denmark they can tell I'm Finnish right away just by listening to my accent.
Finnish accent is super obvious. It took me years to get out of it. Now I sound like your average drunkard, but at least not Finnish.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
The same channel (Viasat) that shows every NHL game and plenty of other sports like the Premier League and the NFL for 30 euros a month has it on live in Finland. Viasat is also showing it live in Sweden. I don't know about Norway, Denmark and Iceland but there aren't many people in those countries who give a toss.
Thanks mr!!

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Excellent notion!

Without knowing the context, a gang of hockey tourists walking on a street wearing these T-shirts would be likely associated first to Far Right wing / Nazi Skin Heads than to the Fan Cult of Hockey player.

Black/Blue colors and Coat of Arms lion together is very strong cultural and traditional code for something totally else here in Finland than what it now represent very funny way in New York.

Exactly for that reason I don't think markets in Finland will be very broad with C.O.K. merch of this type. Some Finns may get even offended for how the Coat of Arms is utilized in this context (maybe including some people in aforementioned far-right wing).

Church itself is nice thing IMO. Part of Clergy myself, btw. ;)

It's literally the emblem of an independent finland. What are you guys on about?

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
People shouldn't submit to far-rightists when it comes to our Coat of Arms. Everyone should be able to wear it without the fear of being labelled as an extremist. Pretty sad really.

Exactly!

'Bishops' of the church weren't apparently aware of any of these kind connotations when making their own version of The Coat of Arms.

Finnish Nazis use/d black shirt and blue ties traditionally as their "uniform", and various Skinhead groups rape the coat-of-arms by associating their foul BS with it. Together chosen colors and the coat-of-arms... damn!

@Ukkosenjumala: Yes. That's the problem. Far Right Wing doesn't have monopoly over the national symbols.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Exactly!

'Bishops' of the church weren't apparently aware of any of these kind connotations when making their own version of The Coat of Arms.

Finnish Nazis use/d black shirt and blue ties traditionally as their "uniform", and various Skinhead groups rape the coat-of-arms by associating their foul BS with it. Together chosen colors and the coat-of-arms... damn!

@Ukkosenjumala: Yes. That's the problem. Far Right Wing doesn't have monopoly over the national symbols.

There are like 15 Nazis in Finland. Who gives a damn about what they wear?

Seriously reading the last few pages of this thread is just insanity. Get out of the web and into the real world, nobody gives a shit about Nazis.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
There are like 15 Nazis in Finland. Who gives a damn about what they wear?

Seriously reading the last few pages of this thread is just insanity. Get out of the web and into the real world, nobody gives a **** about Nazis.

What you rage about?! All of this would be irrelevant if C.O.K wouldn't exist and Kakko wouldn't be indirectly associated to with symbolic values totally not-related to him. I'm sure C.O.K. can make some doctrinal changes to their symbolism if made aware of these kind stuff.

Only 15 Nazis in Finland? Great! Goal is ZERO!

Waiting the Draft. Being also exceptionally sober this time. So, take easy!

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
What you rage about?! All of this would be irrelevant if C.O.K wouldn't exist and Kakko wouldn't be indirectly associated to with symbolic values totally not-related to him. I'm sure C.O.K. can make some doctrinal changes to their symbolism if made aware of these kind stuff.

What symbolic values? You're the one attributing those "symbolic values" to it, no one else.

Stop ruining fun. Nobody likes the guy who crashes the party with some meaningless drivel that nobody else cares about.

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Exactly!

1) Far right has "monopoly" over those symbols because people like you.
2) Far right has the right to wear those symbols, if they so choose.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland

You need to control your liquor instead of the other way around.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
@BullLund and @Legend Leinonen

Too drunken or just being pretentious? Not gonna copy paste stuff, links, and attach pictures to underline what I meant with that "symbolism" and "monopoly", everyone can easily do that themselves by few simple google searches.

Its more about that does North American folks know about possible connotations their contextually unrelated (and adorable fan-projects) may have elsewhere.

Anyway, personally I got best laughs for long time because of that 'church' project, and not least because of how absurd the whole thing is and what it looks like. :)

Hoping and waiting the Messiah will land to right address soon enough, otherwise there will be rather difficult crisis in the recently established faith.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
So who wants to make part 7? I can make it but I've made so many that I think someone else can do better job with the OP.

Good to do it now before the draft.

E: meh, I want to do it myself

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
@BullLund and @Legend Leinonen

Too drunken or just being pretentious? Not gonna copy paste stuff, links, and attach pictures to underline what I meant with that "symbolism" and "monopoly", everyone can easily do that themselves by few simple google searches.

Its more about that does North American folks know about possible connotations their contextually unrelated (and adorable fan-projects) may have elsewhere.
The only thing that brings those connections about in the first place is people being scared of associated with "nazis" and hence not using anything they're using, which then makes that become their official symbol. If people just used them and didn't care, they wouldn't be branded as nazi. So your attitude is the main issue. And yes, this isn't exactly fruitful as a topic.

Reactions: jalperi and Koijari

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
You get labeled nazi so easy in this modern World, that perhaps the Word has lost some of it's power. So, I think Americans can live (I encourage them towards courage) with the fact that some hyped-up Finnish person thinks they are evil nutcases because of some shitty looking emblem in their shirts.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
You get labeled nazi so easy in this modern World, that perhaps the Word has lost some of it's power. So, I think Americans can live (I encourage them towards courage) with the fact that some hyped-up Finnish person thinks they are evil nutcases because of some ****ty looking emblem in their shirts.

Agreed. Nazi label goes to things that aren't that in reality, while phenoms that should earn such label by their nature go un-labelled.

I have no personal problems with the Coat of Arms of Finland in its proper context of usage and normal use as a symbol of the State, and the Nation. Me or my attitude isn't any cause of mentioned factual things existing already long before I was even born.

People behind the Church of Kakko cannot be anyway called "evil nutcases", contrary to that! They must be very creative and enthusiast in their 'cause', having also great sense of humor.

What comes to over-hyped persons, I think there are a lot of those around. So, let's end this topic now and with good mood. :)

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
You get labeled nazi so easy in this modern World, that perhaps the Word has lost some of it's power. So, I think Americans can live (I encourage them towards courage) with the fact that some hyped-up Finnish person thinks they are evil nutcases because of some ****ty looking emblem in their shirts.

Shitty looking emblem really? :(

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I know finns were mostly nazis during WW2 but settle down with the accusesons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad