RW Joshua Ho-Sang - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2014, 28th overall, NY Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Found this article on Josh Ho-Sang, interesting to see some people believe he is on par with stamkos, hall, and tavares at that age and that he should be in the ohl right now. I saw him play on the allstate all canadians game and he looked great. Anyone who has seen him play, what are your thoughts on these comparions to past 1st overall picks?
http://www.thespec.com/news/article/613356--toronto-teenager-the-elite-of-the-elite

At the same age, hes more dominent then Hall or Stamkos, I saw Hall at Greater Kingston and Stamkos with Markham 20 - 30 times, and at this point in his development, Ho-Sang is ahead of where they where.

Ive said if for about a year now, but Ho-Sang is the most talented player I've seen come through minor midget since Tavares.

Last edited:

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
He's that good.

Just out of this world offensive ability. Quickness, hands, vision, work ethic etc. it's all there.

EDIT: To put it into perspective, if I were running an OHL team, I would have chosen (if available) Ho-Sang over Ekblad this past May. Quite a few others would have done the same as well.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I echo the sentments above. He's definitely must-see. I imagine the Silver Stick in Whitby will be crawling with scouts who have yet to get a look at Ho-Sang. Most dynamic Minor Midget I have ever seen.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I didn't really like his game in the all-state game.. but, obviously, that's just one game.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What ethnicity is he? Also when he is OHL and NHL draft eligible?

It says in the article, Both his parents immigrated here around age 10, Wayne from Kingston, Jamaica, Ericka from Santiago, Chile. His surname is Chinese since his grandfather is from Hong-Kong.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
From the article it says he's Chinese.

Two questions, he's 2014 eligibility and his nationality is Canadian or does he hold different passports?

He is 2014 (which is shaping up to a huge draft year) and he is Canadian.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Wow, great moves on the shootout goal. I'll keep an eye on this kid.

Btw, Aaron Ekblad is an absolute monster. Literally looks like a man playing with boys.

This.
But to talk about what the OP is saying Ho-Sang is amazing, incredible. Looking forward to seeing play in the OHL next year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Two questions, he's 2014 eligibility and his nationality is Canadian or does he hold different passports?

Did you read the article? It clearly spells out his ethnic background as well as the history of the his surname.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California

In the article, he says that he mainly identifies with being Jewish, Spanish, and Jamaican. His surname is Chinese because his grandfather was from Hong Kong, but he says that he's actually mostly lost touch with the Chinese part of his background.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
After hearing people who have seen this kid along with others like stamkos, hall, and tavares in the past and saying he is on their level is really making me believe this kid could be the real deal, should be exciting to watch him in the future

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How would some of you guys compare him to MacKinnon (in terms of how highly touted they are)?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In the article, he says that he mainly identifies with being Jewish, Spanish, and Jamaican. His surname is Chinese because his grandfather was from Hong Kong, but he says that he's actually mostly lost touch with the Chinese part of his background.

He might be Jewish, Spanish, and Jamaican. But even if he lost his touch of his Asian background, he's still Chinese to me.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He might be Jewish, Spanish, and Jamaican. But even if he lost his touch of his Asian background, he's still Chinese to me.

Wth, are you Chinese and want to claim a potential future superstar as one of your own or what? Some logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad