GDT: HURRICANES AT ISLANDERS, BEAT THEY ASS INTO NEXT SEASON EDITION

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Between everyone here, I don’t think they’re playing that great. And this was before todays game. They are so far superior to the Islanders on paper

I thought this last year, to the point I thought the Canes had no chance against the high flying Devils.

But it turned out it was the Islanders system producing low event hockey, and the Canes went on to smash the Devils.

Doesn't mean the next series against (presumably) the Rags wouldn't be easy, just that the Isles uber defensive low event hockey is not necessarily definitive

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The only difference in the Islanders and the Canes this season was STs. We shouldn’t be too surprised at the lack of 5v5 play.

We only scored 3 more 5v5 goals than them this season and allowed 12 less.

They have a strong defensive 5v5 system. We need more effort to score though from Svech especially but the 1st line overall

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I will say this, we have to win on Tuesday, because I fully expect this to be going 7 if we don't

I actually agree with this. Ticked that we lost but in all honesty as this game went on in overtime I told myself the longer it goes the Islanders would win because once it gets to multiple overtimes the Cane's record in the playoffs in games that go more than one overtime is terrible. Only win was by Brock McGinn.

Lets just hope there is no repeat of a game 5 from last year.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@3CanesInTheBox and me protecting @MrazeksVengeance and the good juju

1714256431948.jpeg

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I'm kinda worried about our star players.

The Aho Guentzel line has been quiet all series and I still have not liked the way the Hurricanes have played this series although this game was better than the previous 3 it still did not appear like the Hurricanes play. They are better than the Islanders, it's time for them to play like it.

Dare I say if we don't win game 5 we don't win the series; although it's very rare that teams come back from 3-0 down.

The Isles won today on Varlamov's birthday. Good for them. Let them celebrate but if the Canes do not come out hard at home they do not deserve to win this series.

I know I'm pissed that we lost and sweeps are hard to get but with exception of the meltdown in game 2 the Isles have played better than we have on OUR home ice.

It's going to be a long two days.

Pleased with our PP but our PK is not great % wise. That can be better and where the heck is our 5 on 5 play.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Oh yeah?
Aho has scored a couple and Canes are up 3-1.

And that is despite the stupid idea to split up the GAJ line.

When the f*uk does it become obvious that Aho and Svech do not click, do not play them on the same line

Yeah, I don't know why Brindamour broke up the GAJ line. That line was clicking. I assume he did it because Svech was playing so well in game 1 and wanted to basically promote him but if something is not broke don't fix it.

I hope that line is reunited next game (the GAJ line that is).

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Yeah, I don't know why Brindamour broke up the GAJ line. That line was clicking. I assume he did it because Svech was playing so well in game 1 and wanted to basically promote him but if something is not broke don't fix it.

I hope that line is reunited next game (the GAJ line that is).
With Fast out, we don’t have another righty to play with Staal.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
No one is happier about this loss than Tom Dundon. He gets some game 5 ticket sales! Heck he hopes we drop the next two for that sweet game 7 money.

Ehhh I get what you're saying, but I think he'd rather have 2 more guaranteed games at a higher per ticket value than Game 5 will be

Reactions: MustardStew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad