RW Joshua Ho-Sang (2014, 28th, NYI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
classic guy who dominates junior but can't compete against 6'2 200 pound men. He might be an NHLer eventually though.

More likely a few underwhelming years in the AHL and then on the Europe.....fewer games and bigger ice, where his ability to dangle might mean something.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
People hate on him for no reason. People are used to robots like mcdavid and matthews. So what Ho Sang is a regular young adult let him be. Also i never watched him play so idk why they are scratching him but not skating in a straight line seems kind of ********. Ho sang is a player you give top minutes to and let him develop if he busts he busts whatever but dont bench him, give ****** minutes and basically not give him a chance. I have a feeling coaches probably just some ******** old man stuck up in his feelings.

If Josh Ho-Sang posted on this board I have a feeling it would look exactly like this.

Everyone else's fault. He shouldn't have to earn anything. Blah blah.

That's why he'all never play.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
People hate on him for no reason. People are used to robots like mcdavid and matthews. So what Ho Sang is a regular young adult let him be. Also i never watched him play so idk why they are scratching him but not skating in a straight line seems kind of ********. Ho sang is a player you give top minutes to and let him develop if he busts he busts whatever but dont bench him, give ****** minutes and basically not give him a chance. I have a feeling coaches probably just some ******** old man stuck up in his feelings.
People hate on him because he is a primadonna and difficult to deal with. This dates back to his time in AAA. You think that him showing up late for training camp, getting healthy scratched for antics in Bridgeport and Hockey Canada and Spitfires wanting to forget they ever dealt with him is just other people not liking him for sounding like a robot?

I guess you think a concept of accountability is ridiculous. That sounds like letting the inmates run the asylum and an easy way to create massive dissatisfaction throughout a dressing room.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
People hate on him because he is a primadonna and difficult to deal with. This dates back to his time in AAA. You think that him showing up late for training camp, getting healthy scratched for antics in Bridgeport and Hockey Canada and Spitfires wanting to forget they ever dealt with him is just other people not liking him for sounding like a robot?

I guess you think a concept of accountability is ridiculous. That sounds like letting the inmates run the asylum and an easy way to create massive dissatisfaction throughout a dressing room.

thats right because there are no " primadonnas" or head cases or plain crappy attitude players in the nhl

:sarcasm:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
thats right because there are no " primadonnas" or head cases or plain crappy attitude players in the nhl

:sarcasm:
There are, but Ho-Sang is the gold standard of one for a modern day OHL player from people around the league. That is a hell of an accomplishment.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Then promptly sent back down just hours later.

We haven't had confirmation, but we believe this is just an 'paper' move and that Ho-Sang is still traveling to the team to Dallas. Could very well play Thursday.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
We haven't had confirmation, but we believe this is just an 'paper' move and that Ho-Sang is still traveling to the team to Dallas. Could very well play Thursday.

Given Ho-Sang's history, that would be quite a gamble for a team that still has a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Does Garth Snow think his job is in jeopardy if the Isles don't make the playoffs, and this is his swing-for-the-fences move? Just having him on the roster is a risk.

Bit of a head-scratcher.

denis

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Given Ho-Sang's history, that would be quite a gamble for a team that still has a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Does Garth Snow think his job is in jeopardy if the Isles don't make the playoffs, and this is his swing-for-the-fences move? Just having him on the roster is a risk.

Bit of a head-scratcher.

Not if you've seen his recent play. Was just named AHL rookie of the month and a huge reason (along with Halak) that Bridgeport has gone red hot. Too soon to tell, of course, but it could be that he's figured something out.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

Bit of a head-scratcher.

It actually isnt at all... He's been tearing up in the AHL recently and if he can produce it will certaintly help.. giving it a shot for a game or two is a potential low risk high reward scenario, not a head scratcher

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not only is he tearing it up, there are a bunch of forwards hurt or playing hurt.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I hope he wears 66 just to spite the Penguins

joshua-ho-sang-islanders-camp-late.jpg

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It's amazing how upset it gets them lmao

I wonder if Boston fans hate all defenseman who wear #4? Lol

My guess is somebody higher up will decide it's better to give him a more "normal" number just to not get him any unneeded attention, but him wearing 66 would be funny

If he does decide to wear 66, I will tune in to the Penguins telecast when the Islanders play them next just to hear their announcers whine and complain(I generally avoid them like the plague because I can't stand them but hearing them whine about something so stupid would be hilarious)

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
I've literally only seen Islander fans talk about how upset Pens fans get. I have never seen a Pen's fan write anything about it. Is this real or what?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Then promptly sent back down just hours later.

Looks like it was classified as an "Emergency Callup". I.e. The Isles didn't have enough healthy forwards on the active roster.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Very solid NHL debut. His offensive instincts,stickhandling,and playmaking are high on the charts. He made good reads and even drew a Penalty. Wasn't a liability in the defensive zone. Played hard and didn't make any noticeable mistakes. All in all I'm very pleased with JHS in his first NHL game. Looking forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad