RW Joshua Ho-Sang (2014, 28th, NYI) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
What going on here. Healthy scratched in the AHL? Is this another case of Ho-Sang doing Ho-Sang type things.

He's been scratched a couple of times this season. The first time it happened the Sound Tigers HC said it was because "He wasn't skating in straight lines. He wasn't skating the right way." He was also scratched a couple more times for similar reasons.

He was scratched once for being late to the game.

It's annoying because he started the AHL season playing really well but then starting getting scratches and 3rd line minutes (away from Michael Dal Colle who he had pretty good chemistry with) and his numbers have dropped.

Ho Sang doing Ho Sang things? Maybe, but also Isles doing Isles things too.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Wow, seems like he hasn't fixed issues that plagued him in junior.

Wonder what he goes for when traded. There were a bunch of teams that red-flagged him in 2014.

Yup!! Looks like same-old-same-old...lol
Teams in the big boy league just don't win with guys like this in lineup . Sure they display high end skills on any given night but when the playoffs start and the game begins to get dirty and nasty requiring all hands on deck guys like this,more often than not, tend to go MIA real quick

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario
i kinda wanted him at the draft. Seemed like a lot of raw talent and yes he had persomal issues that seem imature but I was near confident they would be fixed by now.. Wow. I just don't get it with this guy? You think eventually he'd smarten up and realize how poorly it's effecting his career

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Weird because in hockey i believe guys grow out of this. Its not a Johnny Manziel football situation. Hopefully he figures it out

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Wow, seems like he hasn't fixed issues that plagued him in junior.

Wonder what he goes for when traded. There were a bunch of teams that red-flagged him in 2014.

3Rd or 4th rounder or another troubled player.

This kid is off, I don't think that every team will write him off but he's got washout written all over him until his "maturity" issues are addressed.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Weird because in hockey i believe guys grow out of this. Its not a Johnny Manziel football situation. Hopefully he figures it out

I tend to agree with you. Been around this game a long time and every once in while you see a kid like this who just takes a little longer to mature soo....just a matter of how long an organization wants to 'wait it out' if you will.
I played jr with a late first rounder who was more or less a punk kid. God given skills but out partying, missing practices etc etc (this was back in crazy 80's) Organization eventually quit on the kid after a couple years in the AHL BUT then something happened. Finally at 23 he GREW up!!!:) :handclap:
(Ended up having himself productive 14 yr NHL career)
I run into him from time to time and he just shakes his head and laughs at what an idiot he was. ..lol

Afraid we gotta give this kid another 2...3? years before totally closing book on him. (He might surprise us yet:)

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
People hate on him for no reason. People are used to robots like mcdavid and matthews. So what Ho Sang is a regular young adult let him be. Also i never watched him play so idk why they are scratching him but not skating in a straight line seems kind of ********. Ho sang is a player you give top minutes to and let him develop if he busts he busts whatever but dont bench him, give ****** minutes and basically not give him a chance. I have a feeling coaches probably just some ******** old man stuck up in his feelings.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
People hate on him for no reason. People are used to robots like mcdavid and matthews. So what Ho Sang is a regular young adult let him be. Also i never watched him play so idk why they are scratching him but not skating in a straight line seems kind of ********. Ho sang is a player you give top minutes to and let him develop if he busts he busts whatever but dont bench him, give ****** minutes and basically not give him a chance. I have a feeling coaches probably just some ******** old man stuck up in his feelings.

Maybe you should watch him play before making assumptions? Hockey is a team sport, you can't work well as a unit if one guy is a maverick and the rest of his teammates have no idea what he's doing or where he's going.

The simple fact is, this kid has the natural talent to earn $50 million (or more) over the course of his career, by playing a freaking game....if he can get his head screwed on straight. All he has to do is listen to his coach, work hard every day, and focus on the game. He has plenty of time in the summer to be a "regular young adult".

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
A mixture of both just not being that good and also being a ***** isn't going to get you very far in this league.

You can have character and still be an awesome guy (Subban, Louongo, etc).

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I tend to agree with you. Been around this game a long time and every once in while you see a kid like this who just takes a little longer to mature soo....just a matter of how long an organization wants to 'wait it out' if you will.
I played jr with a late first rounder who was more or less a punk kid. God given skills but out partying, missing practices etc etc (this was back in crazy 80's) Organization eventually quit on the kid after a couple years in the AHL BUT then something happened. Finally at 23 he GREW up!!!:) :handclap:
(Ended up having himself productive 14 yr NHL career)
I run into him from time to time and he just shakes his head and laughs at what an idiot he was. ..lol

Afraid we gotta give this kid another 2...3? years before totally closing book on him. (He might surprise us yet:)

Less than that. I think the new GM (assuming the Isles miss the playoffs and Snow is fired) will trade him next summer

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

This is the Islanders though. Every high-level offensive talent must have the creativity drilled out of him in favor of making him a generic bottom sixer with a middling two-way game and limited offense i.e. Strome, Bailey

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's capable of plays like this. Hopefully the Islanders stick by his side and see if he can overcome his off-ice issues.

Sep 18, 2009
I think the night before the draft, Garth Snow googles "This year's NHL Draft Steals" and then picks his player

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
He's capable of plays like this. Hopefully the Islanders stick by his side and see if he can overcome his off-ice issues.

I never doubted the kids skill. His head on the other hand is a totally different matter. If he ever matures he will be a good NHL player. that's a big if though.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I think the night before the draft, Garth Snow googles "This year's NHL Draft Steals" and then picks his player

I don't think that's such a terrible way to operate honestly. The problem is these scouting staffs fall in love with players after seeing one or two games in person and lose perspective.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Well fwiw he scored twice last night getting back in the lineup. Really don't have high hopes for JHS at this point but it's amazing how people only want to talk about him when he's done something wrong

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Well fwiw he scored twice last night getting back in the lineup. Really don't have high hopes for JHS at this point but it's amazing how people only want to talk about him when he's done something wrong

A very small percentage of posters here watch AHL games.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
So much for being the 'best player in the 2014 draft'. Playing at an average level for a first round pick in the AHL two years later.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
classic guy who dominates junior but can't compete against 6'2 200 pound men. He might be an NHLer eventually though.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
So much for being the 'best player in the 2014 draft'. Playing at an average level for a first round pick in the AHL two years later.

You do realize josh ho sang was the only person to declare that josh ho sang was the best player in the 2014 draft right? Im perfectly happy with a 28th overall pick playing at an "average level for a first round pick in the AHL two years later" but thats just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad