RW Dominik Bokk - Rögle BK, SHL (2018, 25th, STL, traded to CAR)

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Glad to see him getting back on track.

Bokk did not have the easiest second half of 2019 destroying his confidence.

Cut from World Champ team despite good exebition matches
traded by Blues during Preaseason
cut by Car during Preaseason
Without preaseason 4th line in SHL
Fokus in Germany shiftet to Seider + Stützle

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Glad to see him getting back on track.

Bokk did not have the easiest second half of 2019 destroying his confidence.

Cut from World Champ team despite good exebition matches
traded by Blues during Preaseason
cut by Car during Preaseason
Without preaseason 4th line in SHL
Fokus in Germany shiftet to Seider + Stützle

Bokk wasn’t cut by the canes in preseason - he remained in Sweden when they acquired him. The plan for him with both the blues and canes was always for him to spend the year there.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Bokk wasn’t cut by the canes in preseason - he remained in Sweden when they acquired him. The plan for him with both the blues and canes was always for him to spend the year there.

This is correct. There was no plan for him to come over to St. Louis prior to the trade. Belief was he was still at least a year away. Don’t believe much has changed with the trade to Carolina. Hope he does well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good to see him do well. I thought he was a steal when he was drafted by St Louis. He is a nice addition to the Canes talent base.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
So instead of back to Sweden Bokk is going back home to Germany. Assigned to Krefield of the DEL.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Loan with Djurgården was just cancelled, couldn't make the team last two games and with Holtz and Eklund back in the squad there is no longer room for Bokk.

Reactions: Kleefeld

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
There’s likely a spot for him in Chicago if he wants to play AHL hockey and is ready to come over to NA.

Reactions: vorbis

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What's the feeling on Bokk heading into this season? Unlikely to crack the NHL roster to start the year it looks like.

I think he has the potential for a roster spot with a great camp and with the Habs matching the Kotkaniemi offer sheet. But, both of those scenarios are unlikely on my view. He projects as the exact type of winger the Canes need, but there’s not really any room at the inn for him if they acquire Kotkaniemi.

He’s probably trade bait come deadline time for whatever the Canes feel they need roster-wise for a deep playoff run.

Reactions: Flukeshot

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I think he has the potential for a roster spot with a great camp and with the Habs matching the Kotkaniemi offer sheet. But, both of those scenarios are unlikely on my view. He projects as the exact type of winger the Canes need, but there’s not really any room at the inn for him if they acquire Kotkaniemi.

He’s probably trade bait come deadline time for whatever the Canes feel they need roster-wise for a deep playoff run.

Thanks for sharing that assessment.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Ah well, hope he enjoys his new organization in a few weeks. He’s all but certain to be thrown into a trade by the Canes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ah well, hope he enjoys his new organization in a few weeks. He’s all but certain to be thrown into a trade by the Canes.
It's not a given anyone even wants him. This loan is basically him falling out of relevance as an NHL prospect. For the time being, at least.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Clearly DEL is the wrong league for him ATM
4 goals, 4 assists in 3 games so far in DEL this season.

No sense to play in Europe anymore,
does nothing to his development, i think.

And DEL is not some sucky league.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It will be interesting to see how his season continues. In the past he struggled when his role was limited, because when he wasn't scoring he was not very effective. So, it always seemed like top6 or bust for him.

On a team like Frankfurt a limited role will likely not be a problem, and so far he is earning his spot on one of the top lines and then some. But even ignoring his goals and assists, I really like his imrpovements in his overall game. He has just been very good so far and you have to wonder where he will end up with his confidence going through the roof.

His shot is looking really good, his forechecking is strong and while he still makes mistakes his commitment to do his part on defense seems better than I remember it.

It has only been 3 games but I will keep watching his progress.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Pro hockey in Europe is no slouch salary wise, especially for better players and depending on the teams wallets. DEL is a good euro league and attracted a few players from the KHL exodus and NA. He's probably making bank in his home country and gets to sleep in his own place most nights (you can ride the train across the country in Germany, so fkin fun!!!)

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

"Clearly" after 3 games lol. I guess Austin Ortega is also too good for the DEL.

And for being a stat watcher, you're pretty bad at it. He has 7 points, not 8.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
sometimes the timing and opportunity isn't right for a player. I believe in Bokk's talent, but Chicago last year was veteran reliant and their head coach had NHL ambitions and didn't use the young players enough for a development league. I would say his trajectory would be to sign with a KHL club after this season under normal circumstances, but he might just come back over and try to make the team again in the not too distant future. his rights are still retained by Carolina unless I missed an unconditional release. I wouldn't say his NHL career dream is over.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad