RW Dominik Bokk - Rögle BK, SHL (2018, 25th, STL, traded to CAR)

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Leafs might regret trading down that pick... Wanted bokk but was also fine with Sandin.

But hey, we have a history of our traded pick turning out to be really good, so congrats!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Scouting information on Bokk for Blues fans. Good pick! And apparently not a surprise with the move up.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I didn't see this mentioned before but apparently his parents are from Russia and he speaks four languages ( English, Swedish, German and Russian). Had no idea.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
I believe Bokk only played one shift yesterday (42 seconds). Växjö are really struggling to score; they're last in the league with 18 goals scored in 12 games.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
He's doing fine, a little over 12min TOI/GP, over 62% CF and a relative of ~+4%, he needs to shoot the puck more, that's the biggest problem so far.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He's off to a very slow start, just shows how you impressive Pettersson's D+1 season was in the SHL, it is no easy league by any means for a U-20 player.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He's off to a very slow start, just shows how you impressive Pettersson's D+1 season was in the SHL, it is no easy league by any means for a U-20 player.
Yep. Looks like Bokk was just feeding off Petterssons crazy productive season. This should have been seen ahead of time

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Yep. Looks like Bokk was just feeding off Petterssons crazy productive season. This should have been seen ahead of time
You have no idea what you’re talking about, so stop commenting on players you don’t watch. Pettersson wasn’t with him in the SuperElit when he had 41 points in 35 games. He definitely wasn’t playing with Pettersson.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Actually, looking at the numbers we can rather say he wasn't feeding off Pettersson since his underlying numbers look good this season without him aswell. His biggest problem right now is that he's not shooting the puck enough.

Edit: Looked into his numbers a bit, he's incredibly unlucky… on ice Sh% is at 2.22% so far this season, was 1.45% last season…. He must have Angered the puck luck gods.

Edit2: Talked to some SHL analytics people and his on ice heatmap is apparently on the outside a bit so that explains some of it, but even with that in mind 2.22% is very low and it will regress upwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He has been good from what I have seen (~8 of the games).

He still needs to get more involved at times and physically engage in plays... but like the rest of the team he is snake-bitten as hell.

Växjö outplay their opponents virtually every game but just cannot score. I would guess that will regress to the mean as the season goes on, they finish right near the top of the SHL, and Bokk picks up the scoring as they do.

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
His ‘skill’ has always been there. He’s adjusting a little better to the faster paced game but has a ways to go against stronger and faster men.

Any time I’ve seen him when they rim the puck deep and he’s supposed to stop it, he doesn’t. Either it’s a planned play or he needs to get stronger against the puck(or a stiffer stick.)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Any time I’ve seen him when they rim the puck deep and he’s supposed to stop it, he doesn’t. Either it’s a planned play or he needs to get stronger against the puck(or a stiffer stick.)
Sure, but my point is that he’s always had the skill as you suggested he’s improved over the year.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Lots of people have skill: he just has a hard time expressing it against pucks, men or in close.

He now is better than he used to be, if you want me to parse it out enough.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What's a good point tally for a D+1 player in this league? 17 in 33 doesn't blow me away but I don't know this level at all...

Anything .5 ppg or higher in the SHL or any of the top 5 European pro leagues is very good for an u20 player.

Reactions: EnglishJet

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
What's a good point tally for a D+1 player in this league? 17 in 33 doesn't blow me away but I don't know this level at all...

keep in mind hes also playing on the worst offensive team in the league but

comparables i guess, check the progression of andreas johnsson. similar draft year, similar 2nd year point totals.

fiala had a slighlty better ppg thru his d+1.

then kempe only had 17 thru 50 in his.

wallmark had 18 in 50

arvidsson in his draft +2 only had 12 in 49 but then had a good season after that and got himself drafted. now hes a 30 goal scorer lol

its really hard to tell unless its an absolutely elite player because the middle of the pack prospects are just mostly going to produce as much as their team allows. its a mens league and they slot these kids where they slot them and they do what they can with it basically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad