GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Normally, yes.
But mathematically, I would prefer if the Bruins - Panthers game go into an absurd 20 over times.

How this walking sack of maggot shit is still allowed anywhere near a rink is beyond me.

I was gonna say that Suckerland is a disgrace to the zebras, then I realized, actually no...he's the PERFECT representation of the corrupted spineless shilling human garbage known as the zebras.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Anyone else finding the 'dont you forget about me' song organically transfering the association of the breakfast club to the canucks.

Didnt like it at first but knew it would hit different in the playoffs. Sportsnet was using it as their outro during the broadcast was great.

so what you’re saying is

hughes - brain
miller - athlete
pettersson - basketcase
boeser - princess
zadorov - criminal

right?

this is sutherland/o’rourke:

1715994173327.gif

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Juulsen has a tendency to consistently put himself out of position in pursuit of a big hit, which directly leads to odd-man rushes and often results in goals against. He has displayed this behavior in numerous significant games against top teams since the regular season.

It is likely that the coaching staff has reviewed video and advised him that this play does not benefit the team. Yet, he continues to pursue big hits that put himself out of position in a playoff game. This is not a case of a player making an isolated error under pressure, like shooting the puck over the glass causing a penalty.

Juulsen repeatedly chases hits, abandoning his defensive partner and leaving the goalie vulnerable. This behavior suggests he prioritizes his own objectives over the team's success.

This is what Tocchet has been addressing throughout the playoffs.

Repeatedly, to the tune of once a game. He's trying to be physical, which is good, but sometimes his reads are off (maybe he thinks he can get there faster, or has more support from his forwards, I don't know). But outside of that (typically) one play per game, he's usually pretty solid. Certainly was in GM4.

But it's not like I'm calling for him to replace a dman that is consistently safe and predictable. Cole's reads have been just as bad. He's been taking penalties. He's been struggling to clear the zone when he has the puck. Cole is old and is looking worn out.

Both guys are going to make mistakes. But using the 3600 seconds brought up elsewhere, Juulsen is going to have a 15 second brain fart, but be safe and predictable the rest of the time. Cole is just a goal against waiting to happen constantly, and would benefit from a game or two off to refocus.

Reactions: I am toxic

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Man I wish people would stfu with the cup talk/mentions. One game at a time. The Oilers are still incredibly dangerous, and I fully expect that McDrai is going to be shot out of a cannon in game 6. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and look idiotic.

I hope we roll with the exact line up and approach next game. Keep grinding. Finish checks. JT f***in' Miller.

Series ain't over until the Canucks win that important 4th game.
We have game 6 to play and we should be motivated to press hard as hell.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It would be nice to stop gifting the Oilers with an early lead for once. Comebacks are great and all - I appreciate Kim Kardashian as much as the next person - but maybe they should try to just score a bunch and win it in a walk this time. Save us all some heart palpitations.

That was our 5th comeback win this playoffs.

Reactions: ziploc

lawrence

May 19, 2012
team has to come out and play like they did last night. the one thing about this team I really like is that they are extremely comfortable on the road, which is good. Also as the series progresses we seem to play better against the other team. By game 6 we had 29 shots against the Preds. By than Thocchet has directed the other team. Last game we had 35 shots. something Oiler fans will never believe. They were thinking 4-0. I respect Mcdavid and Drai, but these guys don't scare me anymore. there is an element scarier than that, and we've been living with that since 2011. Its the sudden change in officiating that happens in the playoffs and extremely unique to the Canucks. You have f*** in Tim Peel on his twitter cheering for the Oilers. We had OUR star player get high sticked in the face with blood and 4 officials ignored it. One clown had the balls to call a charging on Petey when he didn't even take a stride. Nothing scares me more than the Refs right now.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It is, if the Leafs can cheer for Auston Matthews, whom by the way is a full blooded American, that's perfectly fine for them.

It's like asking any Canadian to stop cheering for their favourite NFL team because they have a crap load of American players, good grief.
Turns out we can’t follow and cheer for any European soccer league too

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
as I keep on saying bounces make such a difference this time of year. Just get a few more bounces, then its a 50 - 50 as to who is going to the final.

on a separate note that no one cares about, wife is just getting over a broken ankle, now has bronchitis and I am as sick as a dog. Getting old is so much fun.
You two get better soon!

Reactions: I am toxic

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Silovs not good enough for you?
Silovs has been great. But Demko is at another level. I think Silovs could get us through the Oilers, which is a big surprise to me. I would really want to see Demko back though if we were to advance and face the Stars or Avs. That would be a huge confidence boost.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Silovs has been great. But Demko is at another level. I think Silovs could get us through the Oilers, which is a big surprise to me. I would really want to see Demko back though if we were to advance and face the Stars or Avs. That would be a huge confidence boost.
But he's ice cold and coming off a significant injury. Silovs is red hot. What if Demko loses a stinker or two?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
But he's ice cold and coming off a significant injury. Silovs is red hot. What if Demko loses a stinker or two?
You gotta go with the Vezina finalist, elite, star goalie. If he falters massively somehow, or really isn't fully healthy, you can go back to Silovs. But if a healthy Demko is an option its a no-brainer IMO. The difference is still huge.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You gotta go with the Vezina finalist, elite, star goalie. If he falters massively somehow, or really isn't fully healthy, you can go back to Silovs. But if a healthy Demko is an option its a no-brainer IMO. The difference is still huge.
No you don't, you stick with a guy who's save % is averaging well over .900 while being on a roll and who now even has more playoff experience than Demko. Demko is indeed an elite, star goalie but only when firing on all cylinders; he's not in any kind of game shape right now and hasn't even taken any shots by anybody other than Ian Clark. I predict that if we abandon Silovs and go with Demko we will lose ignominiously in the next round. I also predict that if that does indeed happen Demko's cult will blame anybody but him no matter how well or poorly he plays.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Stecher would help and Henrique if can go for sure. Gagner I don't know to be honest.
Yeah, I don't understand why they haven't brought Stecher in to be honest. He can't be worse than some of the human pilons they've been throwing out there on D. And Henrique may be healthy, I don't know. And we all know how Gagner can score 8 goals in one game.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
No you don't, you stick with a guy who's save % is averaging well over .900 while being on a roll and who now even has more playoff experience than Demko. Demko is indeed an elite, star goalie but only when firing on all cylinders; he's not in any kind of game shape right now and hasn't even taken any shots by anybody other than Ian Clark. I predict that if we abandon Silovs and go with Demko we will lose ignominiously in the next round. I also predict that if that does indeed happen Demko's cult will blame anybody but him no matter how well or poorly he plays.

Demko's cult? What the...?

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Yeah, I don't understand why they haven't brought Stecher in to be honest. He can't be worse than some of the human pilons they've been throwing out there on D. And Henrique may be healthy, I don't know. And we all know how Gagner can score 8 goals in one game.
Can't believe we signed Gagner to 3 year 9 million dollar deal once what a waste that was.

Reactions: ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad