RW Andrei Svechnikov - Barrie Colts, OHL (2018 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dose Svechnikov remind anyone else of a young marian gaborik?
Pretty close. I think Gaborik has always been defined by his elite wheels more than Svechnikov will be. Svech is a fine skater, very, very good in his own right. Not like Gaborik though.

Maybe more like a full time winger version of Jeff Carter?

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Andrei is tearing up OHL so far. My expectations were high on him but he plays even better than I expected. 10 goals and 4 assists in 9 games.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
crying-man.gif

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's getting used to a new team and league so I expect his statistics will improve. It's already 1.5 PPG after a cold start, and I won't be surprised, if he scores at 2 PPG level. Not McDavid level, but still pretty elite. With his shot and speed he can become Kovy 2.0.

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
So...how has he played? I see that he seems to be shaking off the slow start a bit. What are the expectations for him this season in terms of production?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I don't see Gaborik. More like a Kovalchuk type.
I don't see Kovalchuk either. Kovy's shot arsenal was much better. Andrei's shot has a quick release and is deceptive, but Kovy had no problems outright overpowering goalies with his shot and could score from anywhere with any kind of shot. I don't see that ability with Andrei, but what I do see is a more well rounded offensive game because in addition to possessing a good shot, he has fantastic hands, and lots of creativity that allows him to make plays as well as he finishes them.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I don't see Kovalchuk either. Kovy's shot arsenal was much better. Andrei's shot has a quick release and is deceptive, but Kovy had no problems outright overpowering goalies with his shot and could score from anywhere with any kind of shot. I don't see that ability with Andrei, but what I do see is a more well rounded offensive game because in addition to possessing a good shot, he has fantastic hands, and lots of creativity that allows him to make plays as well as he finishes them.

Is Afinogenov a better comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad