GDT: Russia vs. Slovakia - 02/16/06 - 8:00pm Torino - 2:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

deandebean said:
I guess the Ruskies can't develop goalies AND coaches.

Please no conclusions after one game. The last NHL game was played on Sunday, and some players arrived yesterday.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Proffessor G DIDDY said:
This is not the end of the world for Russia they had the hardest 1st up opponent, Slovakia are a very good international team. But lets face it aside from some good individual performances by Datsyuk, Kovalev and Ovechkin Russia were hammered. They gave 36 shots and I believe anything more than 35 is a cardinal sin.

In my mind they played too offensively, and 23 shots shows that they didn't really play it that well. But their defenders had to be more reserved. The Slovakian defense and goal tending seems pretty shaky and the Russian blue line should just looked to hold fort and counter attack with their, which ironically is what Slovakia did.

Russia's "defensive" forwards such as Kharitonov, V. Kozlov etc really had no effect on the game. And this reiterates my point that Slava Kozlov and Brylin should have been taken. Russia need a defensive checking line and need to be more solid in their own zone. Their forwards will score goals if the defense does the job.

How many do you expect with 8 PP's?

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
deandebean said:
I guess the Ruskies can't develop goalies AND coaches.

That comment just oozes imbecility. Feel free to keep writing stuff that screams "I am a stupid and ignorant *****"?

Crossroads*

Siberian said:
hahaha, canadians are just too dependent on their tv's. They'll keep coming.

Who said I am Canadian? Stop with your constant Canadian bashing. It is getting old.

I am Italian, by the way.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
artilector said:
Yo, thats a little ignorant... None of these goals qualify as "easy", especially not V's blast off the face-off.

Its logical: Bryzgalov plays full butterfly, on his knees, pads horizontal, which takes away the bottom of the net and leaves the corners for those who can pick 'em. The breakaways by Hossa, Svatos, etc, were all good low shots that he easily stopped; I bet you Nabokov lets some of those in; Gaborik was able to go high and pick the spots.. perhaps Nabokov would have stopped those.. But like I said, I'd guess Bryzgalov stopped about 60% of those duels today; we need about 75%, but to say that he failed, first game in the Olympics after a flight, is ludicrous. He gives plenty of reason to try other goalies, but can't pin the loss on him..

So, wait, you have just explained here why Bryza sucked in this game and could not adjust when Slovak clearly began aiming for the top shelf, and then you stick to "he was solid" :dunno:

dem

Mar 17, 2002
The next two weeks would go much more smoothly if everyone just ignored siberian..

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Crossroads said:
Who said I am Canadian? Stop with your constant Canadian bashing. It is getting old.

I am Italian, by the way.

Quick search shows you are a leafs fan, so it is very unlikely that you follow laughs from Italy. More likely that you are one of those who watched and listened CBC a little too much.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
dem said:
The next two weeks would go much more smoothly if everyone just ignored siberian..

Of course, I just pointed out how idiotic CBC is and how canadians dudes just repeat what they are told on TV. So just ignore my messages and keep watching. The more you watch, he stupider you get....

Crossroads*

Ovechkin_mvp said:
guys can we just put aside personal insults and other crap.

let's talk hockey here.

Hey, I enjoy watching Russia play... but when your overzealous countrymen have to resort to personal attacks, it has to be called out.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Siberian said:
Of course, I just pointed out how idiotic CBC is and how canadians dudes just repeat what they are told on TV. So just ignore my messages and keep watching. The more you watch, he stupider you get....

Not so much because of your current arguement.. its that youre a known troll. Russia can do no wrong in with those big red shades on. Russians didnt win? The refs are blind and the other team cheated.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
True, CBC really sucked, started by showing Mikhajlov, and calling and actually captioning him as Krikunov. The guy was screaming all the time that Malkin was removed from the kid line. After a little of RSL bashing on the way he moved to questioning coaching about Bryza's staying put exactly when Gaborik was scoring

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Crossroads said:
Hey, I enjoy watching Russia play... but when your overzealous countrymen have to resort to personal attacks, it has to be called out.

Well, I would advise both parties to stay away from useless comments......

P.S: Most of us are pretty much dramatized by today's lost.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
dem said:
Not so much because of your current arguement.. its that youre a known troll. Russia can do no wrong in with those big red shades on. Russians didnt win? The refs are blind and the other team cheated.

Let's no talk about rigged game that embarassingly took place in Vancuver in January, ok. That was a joke of a final ok. Canadian diving team plus replaced in the last minute referee are the things that weren't talked about on your TV. Me talking about those things here does not make me a troll ok? Sometimes it just means that you like what you are told on your media and not what I say, ok?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Siberian said:
Let's no talk about rigged game that embarassingly took place in Vancuver in January, ok. That was a joke of a final ok. Canadian diving team plus replaced in the last minute referee are the things that weren't talked about on your TV. Me talking about those things here does not make me a troll ok? Sometimes it just means that you like what you are told on your media and not what I say, ok?
:biglaugh:

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Den said:
True, CBC really sucked, started by showing Mikhajlov, and calling and actually captioning him as Krikunov. The guy was screaming all the time that Malkin was removed from the kid line. After a little of RSL bashing on the way he moved to questioning coaching about Bryza's staying put exactly when Gaborik was scoring

It's their job to brag about coaches, players and etc.

They questioned American's coaching staff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad