GDT: Russia vs. Slovakia - 02/16/06 - 8:00pm Torino - 2:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Ovechkin_mvp said:
It's their job to brag about coaches, players and etc.

They questioned American's coaching staff as well.

You can at least call Mikhajlov, Mikhajlov. I mean, Krik is virtually unknown to NAmericans, but if you can't recognize Boris, you are not competent enough to do the job...

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Den said:
You can at least call Mikhajlov, Mikhajlov. I mean, Krik is virtually unknown to NAmericans, but if you can't recognize Boris, you are not competent enough to do the job...

I know that canadian tv likes bushing everyone else when it comes down to hockey but it is hard for me to believe that these people do not know who Mikhailov is.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Den said:

You know how it is, they don't care much about anything that's non-NHL.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Den said:
Krik seems to blame Bryza. Also he is not saying that openly. And the defense

I am also dissapointed with Bryz.

Now what happens if Russia looses again.
Are we out then??????? :eek:

shawn_kemp*

Den said:

Do you realize that they had nothing to do with the names on screen? Everyone, even in Russia saw Krikunov's name on Mikhailov.

Blame the Italian TV directors. :shakehead

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Den said:
Krik seems to blame Bryza. Also he is not saying that openly. And the defense

I think Krikunov quickly realized how he should not trust the NHL status of a goalie. All Slovaks had to do is study the World Cup quarterfinal game. I thought they scored very similar goals. I do not think Bryz should be in the net anymore. Nabokov should be the starter with Sokolov backing him.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
deandebean said:
Siberian. Same guy who creamed in his pants writing about the rusky junior team, before Canada demolished it. For a second year in a row.

He's not the only one. There are a few on here who didn't learn their lesson from the WJC and started the same stuff again prior to the drop of the puck at the Olympics. Just setting themselves up for severe dissapointment.

I'm just happy Canada is the underdog here without any pressure to perform :D

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
shawn_kemp said:
Do you realize that they had nothing to do with the names on screen? Everyone, even in Russia saw Krikunov's name on Mikhailov.

Well, I don't know where CBC gets their TV picture from, but the guy had know second thought before spattering: "And here's the Russia head coach Vladimir Krikunov"

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Pathfinder said:
He's not the only one. There are a few on here who didn't learn their lesson from the WJC and started the same stuff again prior to the drop of the puck at the Olympics. Just setting themselves up for severe dissapointment.

I'm just happy Canada is the underdog here without any pressure to perform :D

What does WJH have to do with it?

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
shawn_kemp said:

On Russian TV they said that the TV picture is run by canadian crew because italians have less experience with hockey games.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Ovechkin_mvp said:
What does WJH have to do with it?

Same guys were going on and on about the indestructable Russian team and their guaranteed gold. That's all :)

Best to save the chest beating until after the tournament eh ;)

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Den said:
So, wait, you have just explained here why Bryza sucked in this game and could not adjust when Slovak clearly began aiming for the top shelf, and then you stick to "he was solid" :dunno:

No, I explained that Bryzgalov was not perfect, which you seem to equate to "he sucked"! He was not at his best and neither was anybody else. I don't object to replace him with Nabokov, I think its an obvious move - I object to pinning the loss on him and not on the equally below-par forwards and defensemen.

"Not at his best" != "Responsible for loss"

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Pathfinder said:
Same guys were going on and on about the indestructable Russian team and their guaranteed gold. That's all :)

Best to save the chest beating until after the tournament eh ;)

In hockey, there are no guarantees.
however, if you read some posts by die-hard Canadians, they too Guarantee gold for Canada.

After all, we all cheer for our countries, nothing wrong with that, as long as it's done in a respectful way.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
artilector said:
No, I explained that Bryzgalov was not perfect, which you seem to equate to "he sucked"! He was not at his best and neither was anybody else. I don't object to replace him with Nabokov, I think its an obvious move - I object to pinning the loss on him and not on the equally below-par forwards and defensemen.

"Not at his best" != "Responsible for loss"

So, after all, what are you going with "solid" or "not perfect"?

Clearly it's defense's loss as well, but the last two goals - Bryza's fault

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Den said:
So, after all, what are you going with "solid" or "not perfect"?

Clearly it's defense's loss as well, but the last two goals - Bryza's fault

Well the forth goal was a masterpiece, I doubt that many goalies out there would have stopped it.

P.S.Krikunov said "Silver or Bronze would be satisfactory" :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

http://ihwc.ru/cgi/page.pl?docid=2413

This is why we gotta look at hockey Canadian way

Gold or nothing

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Ovechkin_mvp said:
True, we really have to win from now on.

IMO, every game is critical from now on. If we lose to Sweden, there will be so much dirt thrown at the team in Russia, with all that "lazy rich NHLers" crap... this team does not need that sort of pressure at this point. Then Latvia and Kazakhstan are must-haves, from all perspectives. Then USA - still a principal opponent in any sport.

So either way you cut, now the best motto is the one all the players echoed before the start, as long as they stick to it - "play every game to win".

What a disappointment today, though... but exciting hockey.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
artilector said:
IMO, every game is critical from now on. If we lose to Sweden, there will be so much dirt thrown at the team in Russia, with all that "lazy rich NHLers" crap... this team does not need that sort of pressure at this point. Then Latvia and Kazakhstan are must-haves, from all perspectives. Then USA - still a principal opponent in any sport.

So either way you cut, now the best motto is the one all the players echoed before the start, as long as they stick to it - "play every game to win".

What a disappointment today, though... but exciting hockey.

Today WE HAD TO WIN.
We just took Slovaks lightly, a fatal mistake it was.
Tomorrow's game will be crucial, and I am very concerned about that US team.
They are angry now and eager to win.....

Proffessor G DIDDY

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Everyone is blaming Bryzgalov for some reason. But look back at the game 36 shots given away along with 8 power plays and numerous breaks.

Russia needed a better defensive forwards, Kharitonov and Viktor Kozlov are pretty much deadweight. Kharitonov doesn't have the size and Kozlov doesn't have the speed. Why players like Brylin and S. Kozlov weren't taken I don't know.

Secondly the Russian defense was always rushing up in attack. The Slovaks were smarter, their defenders just absorbed the attacks, minimised shots and then counter attacked. Russia should have followed suit and although it might have been dull game, I believe the Slovak defense would have cracked first.

Its going to be a difficult 2nd match for Russia against Sweden. Who are lot better in defense, their forwards also have a good mix of speed, skill and size. If Nabokov is in goal then Russia can match them defensively and they do have more speed up front.

So they should take page or 80 out of Slovakia's game plans and just defend eagerly and look to scorch Sweden on odd-man rushes, counterattacks and powerplays.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I don't understand this coach...Either he has a plan or, he has no idea what he's doing...
First he puts some questionnable (Dynamo) players in the team, then says bronze would be an OK result, now we see the 4th line on the PP, Malkin playing with his Dynamo guys, and NO Kovalchuk on PP.
I won't be surprised if Kharitonov has more ice time than Kovalchuk...
That's plain stupid!

Dogbert*

Berkut said:
I don't understand this coach...Either he has a plan or, he has no idea what he's doing...
First he puts some questionnable (Dynamo) players in the team, then says bronze would be an OK result, now we see the 4th line on the PP, Malkin playing with his Dynamo guys, and NO Kovalchuk on PP.
That's plain stupid!

No, no, you're totally off-base. The only people who think that are idiotic Canadian TV guys and idiotic Canadians who can't think for themselves, remember? The Russian coaches are hockey GODS.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Berkut said:
That's plain stupid!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dave King for head coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

We gotta get rid of those old-timers.
Otherwise Russia won't get a gold medal for a few more decades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad