GDT: Rush GDT: New Jersey Yukons vs. Colorado Bumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I wrote about this in the TAN the other day. It was my favorite Christmas movie as a child (still is), but I hadn't seen in in years and watched it the other day as an adult and holy crap, it's seriously twisted.

Yeah I watched it a few years ago and I was shocked. Though so much older stuff really kinda was like that back in the day really anyway.. but still.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
misers.png

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Kickstarting the road trip with a win would be nice. No more Duchene, no Landeskog... that Avs lineup is looking a lot more manageable.

they have actually been pretty good this year, even post duchene trade and the other night without landeskog. im thinking this will be a tough game.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
they have actually been pretty good this year, even post duchene trade and the other night without landeskog. im thinking this will be a tough game.

Definitely the tougher of the two back to backs.

Also no issue with Santini getting the night off. Kid is going to blow a tire if we keep pushing him out like we have with no rest.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Adorable?

They hit the bumble over his head with a giant rock to incapacitate him, then they rip out all of his teeth once he's unconscious, rendering him defenseless. Then, while the bumple is defenseless they try to kill him with a sharpened pick ax.

I am legitimately enjoying reading your Rudolph takes in this and other threads. I'm not even being sarcastic. If/when I ever see Rudolph again, your posts are going to be ringing around my head.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'd also like to get out there some day.

It's beautiful once you get outside of Denver proper. I was there for the first time in April and skied A-Basin, Copper, Loveland, and Vail. The economy is booming, so you can see why everyone's moving there. It's like reverse Jersey.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The lineup isn’t bad. Just a bit concerned about Greene and Sami together. Greene has been awful and Sami is more of a puck mover. Both are small I believe. We’ll see how it works out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I will break stuff if Cangy and Dano start talking about the mile high air and using it as an excuse if the Devils look lethargic.
Other teams do fine in Denver, can't use that as an excuse yet again.
Someone on the main board a month or two ago, said teams in Denver are automatically at a disadvantage to the Avalanche when coming into town, because they can’t play there, but the home team is used to it because they play there 41 times a year.

One of the first replies was something like “So what? Then how come the Avs still suck?” Which made me laugh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Someone on the main board a month or two ago, said teams in Denver are automatically at a disadvantage to the Avalanche when coming into town, because they can’t play there, but the home team is used to it because they play there 41 times a year.

One of the first replies was something like “So what? Then how come the Avs still suck?” Which made me laugh.

Yeah I think they looked at the actual data and saw the Avs did not have an above average home record relative to the rest of the league that could be attributed to the air.

It isn’t like baseball where the thin air actually has a measurable effect.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I will break stuff if Cangy and Dano start talking about the mile high air and using it as an excuse if the Devils look lethargic.

I think this is the most overblown thing ever.

I have no problems with dealing with physical activity at 11,000 feet, let along 5,500 feet, and I'm not a professional athlete in elite shape.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I hope Johansson can can settle in and get back on track quickly. He's been a bit underwhelming early on and then the injury. Hopefully Zacha can get him some slick feeds.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
45 is an ugly number. Let’s hope he’s good enough for me to get his jersey anyway.

Well, he wore 9 in the world junior championship, no way would he be able to wear that over in Anaheim when he came up since Ryan was there, and he's not wearing it here with Hall. So probably went with 45 because 4+5=9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad