Speculation: Rumours/Speculation/General Discussion XVI - Be a GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
So basically Dougie, no chance there. Although we can do Wideman, Hickey and Poirier, for maybe Carle and Drouin.

I'm not sure I'd do that. Drouin is a luxury, not a necessity. Hickey should be a pretty good dman here. Poirier fills a void on the RW next year hopefully.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd argue that Drouin fills a bigger need than Poirier, which is a top 6 player now. And while Hickey is a fantastic prospect, we do have Kylington, Andersson and a glut of other guys like Culkin and Kulak who could turn into something.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm not sure I'd do that. Drouin is a luxury, not a necessity. Hickey should be a pretty good dman here. Poirier fills a void on the RW next year hopefully.

In 2013, if someone said you could trade pick 22, 64 and your bottom pairing D for pick 3; would you?

I believe Drouin still has a tonne of untapped potential. We rave about Monahan, less than three years ago comparing their upside would have been laughable. I don't think you pass up his upside.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think the Flames would have to be very lucky to find someone who wanted Smid/Engelland at those cap hits. There's always a possibility that Wideman might be moveable without salary retention, though. His offensive abilities definitely have value.

My thoughts as well. Though I think salary retained 20-40% they'd be much more palatable to many teams, but IMO management wouldn't want to do that, and it wouldn't help our own cap situation either.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In 2013, if someone said you could trade pick 22, 64 and your bottom pairing D for pick 3; would you?

I believe Drouin still has a tonne of untapped potential. We rave about Monahan, less than three years ago comparing their upside would have been laughable. I don't think you pass up his upside.

Like I don't want to give up Emile because I like the way he plays, but for Drouin I think you gotta make that deal. Same thing with Hickey, it would really sting to deal him, but we have the depth to do it. Also, on the chance that Hickey were to bust, now is the time to sell high on him.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
i'd move poirier along with any d prospect, as long as the first isn't involved and preferably not a second rounder with those 2 pieces either.

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
Klimchuk/Poirer, Hickey/Andersson and Raymond for Drouin
Hockey-Mony-Drouin/Frolik/Hudler
Bennett-Granlund-^^^
Bouma/Ferland-Backlund-^^^
^^-Stajan-Jones/Jooris
thats this year
than next year
Hockey-Mony-Drouin/Frolik
Bennett-Granlund-^^
Bouma/Ferland-Backlund-Poirer/Klimchuk
and the 4th line xD
i'd like to resign Russell keep the top 4, 7-5, 4-27

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For those talking about Drouin, this article is interesting and shows different deals involving young players that were high draft picks.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2016/1/4/jona...m-first-top-5-pick-to-hit-the-market-so-early

The list includes (age and draft position in brackets), all of whom were drafted 2005 or later

- Tyler Seguin (21 - 2nd)
- Jack Johnson (19 - 3rd)
- Kyle Turris (22 - 3rd)
- Benoit Pouliot (23 - 4th)
- Griffin Reinhart (21 - 4th)
- Nino Niederreiter (20 - 5th)
- Brayden Schenn (19 - 5th)
- Luke Schenn (22 - 5th)
- Phil Kessel (21 - 5th)

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Do you guys think Ramo is playing himself into a valuable trade asset at the deadline? Montreal needs a goalie pretty badly. If so, what could we expect from them?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do you guys think Ramo is playing himself into a valuable trade asset at the deadline? Montreal needs a goalie pretty badly. If so, what could we expect from them?
Why would the Flames give up on the Playoffs? That would be stupid.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Price will be back by the deadline. Makes no sense for them to make a deal like that, nevermind the lack of sense of the Flames making that deal.

If we were playing like we were in October fine, but Montreal wouldn't want October Ramo.

Ramo's playing better because of having more confidence after being named "the man".

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sell high.

If we fall out of the playoffs by the TDL, maybe. We're talking 6-10 points back. Then yeah, sell. He's the best goalie we have right now, and he's a workhorse... He's helping us win games and all things are right again: LA, Anaheim and Calgary in the playoffs :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I've said this so many times, Ramo plays his best when you ride him. The way things were at the start of the year and having Ortio in the mix, it's really not surprising that Ramo was struggling so much. But yeah, earlier in the year he was REALLY bad and deserved to be waived. The Flames are not in a position to deal him right now though. If anything, you try and get Hiller some spot starts and maybe you can deal him at the deadline with retaining some salary and hope that he lands you a 3rd round pick.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If we fall out of the playoffs by the TDL, maybe. We're talking 6-10 points back. Then yeah, sell. He's the best goalie we have right now, and he's a workhorse... He's helping us win games and all things are right again: LA, Anaheim and Calgary in the playoffs :laugh:

Actually, it's currently LA, Arizona and Calgary. And Anaheim can bump out Calgary with their game in hand.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
"On the Washington Capitals …

Mike Vogel: (answering question on with Brooks Orpik and Jay Beagle out for awhile, will the Capitals make a trade? – asks about Kris Russell and Joe Colborne) It’s hard for teams like the Capitals to make trades due to being up against the salary cap ceiling. The Flames are one point out of the playoffs and they could use a goalie."

from http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2016/01/06/rumors-vincent-lecavalier-predators-capitals/

Guys, lets pray and hope a trade with (atleast one of) theese 2 will happen. Samsonov? :D

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Whoops :laugh:

Last night I glanced at the breakdown (I had guests over) and I guess I misread!
Probably glanced and saw the A and just thought Anaheim. That is what I always do, I forget Phoenix is now Arizona

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
So with the Caps looking at Big Joe and Russell, what about getting Marcus Johansson for them? is it fair? or should there be an added pick/prospect?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
So with the Caps looking at Big Joe and Russell, what about getting Marcus Johansson for them? is it fair? or should there be an added pick/prospect?

I don't think the Capitals are in a position to move Johansson, more likely to keep him for the playoffs and acquire players for picks and prospects.

Could be wrong though, especially if they don't think they can afford him long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad